If Hanako's scars looked like this...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: If Hanako's scars looked like this...

Post by Silentcook »

It so happens that relatively recently a countrywoman of mine got disfigured by acid. I'm not gonna make any social or legal commentary, instead directing you to Google up the name "Lucia Annibali" perhaps together with the keywords "sfigurata" and/or "acido" (disfigured, acid) if you can't find what you're looking for.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Atario

Post by Atario »

Silentcook wrote:a countrywoman of mine got disfigured by acid. I'm not gonna make any social or legal commentary, instead directing you to Google up the name "Lucia Annibali"
Holy moly, you're Italian? Your English is less exceptionable than just about every native speaker…

And, more on-topic, that bit about some of the first work done on her being to allow her to close her eyes…yikes.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Atario wrote:
Silentcook wrote:a countrywoman of mine got disfigured by acid. I'm not gonna make any social or legal commentary, instead directing you to Google up the name "Lucia Annibali"
Holy moly, you're Italian? Your English is less exceptionable than just about every native speaker…

And, more on-topic, that bit about some of the first work done on her being to allow her to close her eyes…yikes.
*aside glance to "Location: Imola, Italy"* Nah, Cook's totally Malaysian. And I highly doubt you've been exposed to anywhere close to "just about every native speaker". Hyperbole never helped anything. :P

Hiring people to track down and throw acid at your ex...That's clearly a reasonable thing to do. She seems to have gotten off rather easier than others, at least. Not a flawless reconstruction but kudos to the medical folk nonetheless.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Atario

Post by Atario »

Xanatos wrote:*aside glance to "Location: Imola, Italy"*
Huh, I didn't even know that was a displayable thing.
Nah, Cook's totally Malaysian.
Can't tell if serious…
And I highly doubt you've been exposed to anywhere close to "just about every native speaker". Hyperbole never helped anything. :P
Hell, I thought I was taking it conservatively by adding "just about".

neio

Post by neio »

Atario wrote:
Nah, Cook's totally Malaysian.
Can't tell if serious…
Can't tell if serious...
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

@Silentcook: I was wondering why the English-language media didn't seem to have anything on her, when acid throwing on women is raised somewhat more frequently in the press when it happened in the Indian sub-continent or Indochina region.

On the lady herself, it would be very powerful if she met other such victims from other countries. "Look, acid attacks don't only happen in poor/backward countries. It happened to me, in Italy."
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

I was just playing Spec Ops: The Line for the first time... and well... white phosphorus scene...

Kinda reminded me of Hanako afterwards... good god that game is heavy... brilliant and you should totally get it, but man is it heavy...
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:@Silentcook: I was wondering why the English-language media didn't seem to have anything on her, when acid throwing on women is raised somewhat more frequently in the press when it happened in the Indian sub-continent or Indochina region.

On the lady herself, it would be very powerful if she met other such victims from other countries. "Look, acid attacks don't only happen in poor/backward countries. It happened to me, in Italy."
It happened to Harvey Dent in America...What's that? Yes, I am required to reference the Batman universe at every opportunity.

Would be a huge help in particular to victims that didn't recover so well. Surely there are some who could use the boost.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I find the media from ANY country to be self-centered to the point of tunnel vision, but to be fair I live in a fairly unimportant and pretty buffoonish country, so I can't throw too much blame around. Nor can I be proud of the fact that "vitriolize" is a word here.

Anyway, I was just bringing the visuals to your attention as relevant to the original topic.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, I can say that at least your former president is always good for a headline in my country as well ;-)

To think that our former president had to abdicate over allegations that he'd let a friend pay his hotel bill woth 720€...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Well, I can say that at least your former president is always good for a headline in my country as well ;-)
Same here. :) Nothing makes us feel better about ourselves than the reminder that at least that guy isn't our former president. :lol:
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
esclunatic

Post by esclunatic »

when i was young another child burned my face with an hairspray and a match most of my face was in second degree and some third i lived in a face cast for a year or so often getting it changed
at the shriners clinic eventually they left me with just bandages then just ointment now my face is fairly normal and no one looks at me any different :|
Atario

Post by Atario »

esclunatic wrote:when i was young another child burned my face with an hairspray and a match
:shock:

I hope you punched that other kid in the face.

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

esclunatic wrote:when i was young another child burned my face with an hairspray and a match
I don't know why, but the hairspray thing reminded me of back in 6th grade someone basically Maced me with Axe bodyspray, causing me to fall and whack my head on the ground, then lurch forward and hit the lockers.
I somehow managed to avoid a concussion.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Potato

Post by Potato »

I once got set on fire by a dumb kid playing with stuff that shouldn't be played with...I'd have been angrier about it but I'm rather grateful that I could have the experience. Only in retrospect, of course...In the moment, it was agonizing and pretty terrifying. No lasting physical scars though.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.