KS in GameFAQs Top 10... again

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Selim Bradley

Re: KS in GameFAQs Top 10... again

Post by Selim Bradley »

Xanatos wrote:
SirSlaughter wrote:I laughed my ass off when it said "The first 99% of mass effect 3". Oh god, Bioware will NEVER live that down.
Seriously, how dare Bioware...Have an ending that isn't as amazing as people wanted...?
Especially since the site itself says "the first 99% of Mass Effect 3". Isn't 99% still an A+? So they tried something out of the box for an ending, why do people treat that as an atrocity?
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Selim Bradley wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
SirSlaughter wrote:I laughed my ass off when it said "The first 99% of mass effect 3". Oh god, Bioware will NEVER live that down.
Seriously, how dare Bioware...Have an ending that isn't as amazing as people wanted...?
Especially since the site itself says "the first 99% of Mass Effect 3". Isn't 99% still an A+? So they tried something out of the box for an ending, why do people treat that as an atrocity?
Beats me. Hell, it's not like they paid for the ending. They paid for the game. Let's say Red Dead Redemption's ending sucked. It didn't, it was damn amazing, but let's just pretend. I got more hours of enjoyment out of that game than I cared to count. The ending is a few minutes. Even taking the entirety of the endgame into account (everything after Dutch's death), that's 2-3 hours. I spent TRIPLE that amount of time on the game in a single day alone. Well worth the price tag. (Disclaimer: I actually got the game for free, but it was selling for $59.99 at the time.)

Human beings are whiny little shits, y'know.

And what's the worst thing about ME3's ending anyway? That your choices throughout the series didn't amount to much? Boo hoo. They can't craft an endless number of ending variations based on your every move and it's irrational and unreasonable to expect that.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

well thats what happens when you tell people their choices matter, that everything they've done up until this point will have an effect and then you fail at what you told everybody
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Eraser35 wrote:well thats what happens when you tell people their choices matter, that everything they've done up until this point will have an effect and then you fail at what you told everybody
Where exactly was the claim that everything they did over an entire trilogy would directly and specifically affect the ending? I didn't get that particular memo. It all had an effect. It just didn't all affect the end.

People petitioned the fucking government over this shit. It's since been taken down but sorry, there is literally no justification for the sheer amount of moronic bullshit people have stirred up over an ending that isn't even bad. Less than expected? Sure. Less than advertised? Could be. So were all the Fable games. Hell, every piece of media in human history has promised more than it delivered in one way or another. But it's not the Holocaust here. People can either grow up and deal with it or quit purchasing the products because there is literally no one in this universe or any other who wants to hear them continue bitching about it long after it's over and done.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

Xanatos wrote:
Eraser35 wrote:well thats what happens when you tell people their choices matter, that everything they've done up until this point will have an effect and then you fail at what you told everybody
Where exactly was the claim that everything they did over an entire trilogy would directly and specifically affect the ending? I didn't get that particular memo. It all had an effect. It just didn't all affect the end.

People petitioned the fucking government over this shit. It's since been taken down but sorry, there is literally no justification for the sheer amount of moronic bullshit people have stirred up over an ending that isn't even bad. Less than expected? Sure. Less than advertised? Could be. So were all the Fable games. Hell, every piece of media in human history has promised more than it delivered in one way or another. But it's not the Holocaust here. People can either grow up and deal with it or quit purchasing the products because there is literally no one in this universe or any other who wants to hear them continue bitching about it long after it's over and done.
you make some big choices in ME mainly curing the genophage and trying to stop the war between the Quarians and the Geth and you don't get to see where they go
SirSlaughter

Post by SirSlaughter »

Xanatos wrote:

Well the devs did say that everything you did in the last games would effect the ending and that they have more or less dynamic endings that greatly varied on what you did. Kinda like the first and second game. Each ending had a core "similarity" but there was so much more that told in the end giving the dynamic endings they were known for. That's pretty much why everyone was angry. It wasn't that So and so died or it was a dark ending, but that when they said it was a dynamic ending, the truth it it was "Which is your favorite color" kind of thing. And the catalyst...what the hell man. That was bad.

Now here is a large reason for the outrage, people have followed the game for years, then they got that. Years of waiting...for "what's your favorite color". That was a huge part of it.
I mean I hated the ending, but I more or less moved on. The game was good, the series was spectacular, but the ending made no sense and left a bad taste in everyone mouth.

So yes, you missed the memo, and yes the ending was bad. Not "sorta not good" Not "wasn't horrible" it was bad. Very bad. And yes they can craft a crazy number of variations for the ending. It's what they did before, so why not now? I'm not bringing torches and pitchforks about this, but I felt the ending was not good at all.
ImageImage
Auratus

Re:Mass Effect 3's ending discussion... again

Post by Auratus »

SirSlaughter wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Eraser35 wrote:words
words.
ton of words
10 Reasons They Hate Mass Effect 3's Ending by AngryJoe.

Let's say ME3 are promised that the ending will be good, subtle and answer pretty much everything. Which they're done it exactly opposite. I thinks they actually don't have to pay anyone who thinks about the ending like THAT. and I guess many people followed the Mass Effect series for whatever reason are expected decent endings that satisfy their hopes and get THAT. IMO, Judging from number of people hate THAT. I could say it is massacre.

P.S. Today is the day people can legally rickroll everyone. But for the honesty's sake. The link is real one. (unless mods decides to troll and ruins my internet dignity)
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.