So, is Hanako a Nerd?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: So, is Hanako a Nerd?

Post by pandaphil »

emmjay wrote:Re: Hanako in a maid's uniform: Well, there went any chance of me being able to concentrate on anything for awhile... :roll:
On the original topic (i.e. Hanako's nerdiness or lack thereof), I've long thought she'd take to tabletop RPGs, one of the most stereotypical nerd activities, like a duck to water. I think she'd enjoy the chance to be someone else for a few hours, someone who wasn't, in her own words, broken. I also think she'd enjoy actively taking part in creating a story, and would really get into the roleplaying aspect. (Shizune, on the other hand, would be a total hack-and-slash munchkin.)
It would be interestign to see how she'd take to it. But as usual it would require a qroup of players she felt comfortable with. As a shy person myself, I always had trouble RPG'ing just because I was always afraid of doing something stupid that would hurt the group, or else I wouldn't think about what I should have done until five minutes after the situation.

Actually I'm thinking board games would be more her speed. I could see her being a big UNO fan too. :)
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

pandaphil wrote:
emmjay wrote:Re: Hanako in a maid's uniform: Well, there went any chance of me being able to concentrate on anything for awhile... :roll:
On the original topic (i.e. Hanako's nerdiness or lack thereof), I've long thought she'd take to tabletop RPGs, one of the most stereotypical nerd activities, like a duck to water. I think she'd enjoy the chance to be someone else for a few hours, someone who wasn't, in her own words, broken. I also think she'd enjoy actively taking part in creating a story, and would really get into the roleplaying aspect. (Shizune, on the other hand, would be a total hack-and-slash munchkin.)
It would be interestign to see how she'd take to it. But as usual it would require a qroup of players she felt comfortable with. As a shy person myself, I always had trouble RPG'ing just because I was always afraid of doing something stupid that would hurt the group, or else I wouldn't think about what I should have done until five minutes after the situation.

Actually I'm thinking board game would be more her speed. I could see her being a big UNO fan too. :)
Hanako as an RPGer, eh?
Last edited by Selim Bradley on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hanako playing Tomb Raider 2013.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Wonder what she'd think of Steampunk? Seeing as how she has somewhat old fashioned tastes.

Shame its not bigger in Japan.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, Last Exile is a rather popular steampunk anime by Gonzo. Popular enough to have a sequel.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
DFCajun

Post by DFCajun »

Well, a friend I have (who's a lot like Hanako in terms of personality, to the point where I actually use her voice when reading Hanako's route) would certainly be considered a nerd...eh, sure.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

DFCajun wrote:Well, a friend I have (who's a lot like Hanako in terms of personality, to the point where I actually use her voice when reading Hanako's route) would certainly be considered a nerd...eh, sure.
But your friend isn't Hanako.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

DFCajun wrote:Well, a friend I have (who's a lot like Hanako in terms of personality, to the point where I actually use her voice when reading Hanako's route) would certainly be considered a nerd...eh, sure.
Nothing wrong with using someones voice for a character. Hell I still find myself hearing AdventuresofLuna's British accent when Lilly speaks.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Nothing wrong with using someones voice for a character. Hell I still find myself hearing AdventuresofLuna's British accent when Lilly speaks.
But she's Scottish... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:
But she's Scottish... :lol:
robin has a sister, a sister who has made it so I hear Sean Connery when lilly speaks. Also emi in Arnold s
Schwarzenegger voice.

hanako a nerd? Yeah, I can see it. MMO games I think she would get into, no face-to-face.