KS is awesome and Hi

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

WhySoNatsu

KS is awesome and Hi

Post by WhySoNatsu »

1-2 days ago I finished Katawa Shoujo for the first time. I got the Good Emi ending which was awesome. There was fire in my eyes when the game ended cause I just loved it. I still haven't seen other endings yet but I'm sure they'll be good too. However I probably won't like them as much as Emi's cause Emi is in my opinion the coolest among the girls. Excluding the girls my favorite character is probably the Nurse. I just like his personality. Kenji is alright as well but I like him mostly for the comedy he provides.

Oh and I'm new to the forums. Nice too meet you! =D
Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: KS is awesome and Hi

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Welcome! And I would definitely give the other routes a shot. Even after completing the game fully I still love to play it. Who knows, you might even think a different girl has a better story. It's possible. I on the other hand though, was drawn to one girl almost right from the beginning, and she stood the test of time of playing all the other girls' routes. It's like it was love at first sight. Which is funny cause I don't believe in such a thing. :lol: Well, not a mature form of it anyway. But I am me, and not many are like me.
WhySoNatsu

Post by WhySoNatsu »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Welcome! And I would definitely give the other routes a shot. Even after completing the game fully I still love to play it. Who knows, you might even think a different girl has a better story. It's possible. I on the other hand though, was drawn to one girl almost right from the beginning, and she stood the test of time of playing all the other girls' routes. It's like it was love at first sight. Which is funny cause I don't believe in such a thing. :lol: Well, not a mature form of it anyway. But I am me, and not many are like me.
Oh the other routes are worth a shot for sure but like I said I doubt I'll enjoy them more than the Emi one cause I like Emi the most.
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

WhySoNatsu wrote: Oh the other routes are worth a shot for sure but like I said I doubt I'll enjoy them more than the Emi one cause I like Emi the most.
I felt the exact same way after I got Emi's good ending, I believe nothing could... err, "top" her story.
But then I got Hanako's route.
And then Lilly's route.
And then Rin's route.
And then Shiz- oh wait, this one sucked hard, nevermind.

Trust me; you're going to enjoy other stories much, much more. Emi is good for starters (and I believe she was intended to be considering how easy it is to get on her route).
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Well, welcome to the forums. We hope you enjoy your stay.
Sedinus wrote:And then Shiz- oh wait, this one sucked hard, nevermind.
Am I the only one who enjoyed every route? Including Shizune's?
Seriously.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome aboard!

I'm not going to claim you'll like the other girls better since everyones tastes are different. But I'd be very surprised if you don't find something to love about them as well. Hey at least you're willing to try them. Nothing irritates me more than hearign from someone who refuses to play the rest of the game after finishing their first arc. Be sure to keep us posted with your thoughts on the other routes as you finish them.

Me? I love all the other girls, but like Hisao&Hanako<3 there'll always be one particular shy young lady who'll own my heart.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
win746

Post by win746 »

Welcome to the forums! I think you'll find the other endings great as well.
Steinherz wrote:
Sedinus wrote:And then Shiz- oh wait, this one sucked hard, nevermind.
Am I the only one who enjoyed every route? Including Shizune's?
Seriously.
I greatly enjoyed Shizune's route, I don't see why everyone hates it so much. Her ending may be a bit bittersweet for a good ending I guess.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I still haven't done her route and I really need to. I guess its because from what we know of Shizune, her story doesn't promise the sweet, heartwarming moments of Lilly/Hanako/Emi's stories. Plus theres Misha's unhappy ending. I just can't see her route as being a very happy one.

And lord knows I'm depressed enough as it is right now.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:I still haven't done her route and I really need to. I guess its because from what we know of Shizune, her story doesn't promise the sweet, heartwarming moments of Lilly/Hanako/Emi's stories. Plus theres Misha's unhappy ending. I just can't see her route as being a very happy one.

And lord knows I'm depressed enough as it is right now.
Oh god, her route is full of funny moments.
Her ending is more of a "Maybe Ever After" instead of a "Happy Ever after".
But that's what fanfics are for.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Well, first off, greetings! I hope you enjoy your time here on the Katawa Shoujo forums. I think there's a certain comic strip that every new member is obliged to see, but let's leave that for someone else to post...

Emi's route was the first I completed as well. I got her good ending, and that it was a very passionate moment, and a great way to end the story of two lovers. Really, what better way to conclude a story then with an H-scene? Though, as much as I fell in love with Emi, I feel her route is pretty weak judging solely on, "feel moments". There were feel moments present in her route which were rather emotional, but other than that, I feel that her route was the most kindhearted out of all the girls' routes.

You should definitely continue playing through the other girls' routes. You honestly have no idea what's in store for you, my friend. Hanako, Lilly and Rin's routes are a HUGE step up from Emi's route in terms of feel moments. You might find yourself bawling your eyes out several times between those 3 stories.
WhySoNatsu

Post by WhySoNatsu »

KeiichiO wrote:Well, first off, greetings! I hope you enjoy your time here on the Katawa Shoujo forums. I think there's a certain comic strip that every new member is obliged to see, but let's leave that for someone else to post...

Emi's route was the first I completed as well. I got her good ending, and that it was a very passionate moment, and a great way to end the story of two lovers. Really, what better way to conclude a story then with an H-scene? Though, as much as I fell in love with Emi, I feel her route is pretty weak judging solely on, "feel moments". There were feel moments present in her route which were rather emotional, but other than that, I feel that her route was the most kindhearted out of all the girls' routes.

You should definitely continue playing through the other girls' routes. You honestly have no idea what's in store for you, my friend. Hanako, Lilly and Rin's routes are a HUGE step up from Emi's route in terms of feel moments. You might find yourself bawling your eyes out several times between those 3 stories.
I actually like Lilly, Hanako and Rin a lot. Lilly is very kind and respectful, Hanako's shyness is adorable and Rin's way of speaking is just hilarious. However Emi's cuteness surpasses all of those qualities for me which is why she's my favorite. I'm sure I'll love the other endings as well but knowing me I'll still consider Emi's ending as the best simply because it was the first ending I saw (and loved). I'm just as stubborn as Emi herself and even if the other endings are better I'll still love Emi's the most.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

WhySoNatsu wrote:I actually like Lilly, Hanako and Rin a lot. Lilly is very kind and respectful, Hanako's shyness is adorable and Rin's way of speaking is just hilarious. However Emi's cuteness surpasses all of those qualities for me which is why she's my favorite. I'm sure I'll love the other endings as well but knowing me I'll still consider Emi's ending as the best simply because it was the first ending I saw (and loved). I'm just as stubborn as Emi herself and even if the other endings are better I'll still love Emi's the most.
You only ever grow deeply attached to a character in their own respective route. I felt the same way about Emi in my first playthrough, but quickly changed my mind.

These are my wise words to you, my good sir/madam-

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? KEEP PLAYING. :lol:

You can have your favorite character, I'm just saying to keep playing. There's plenty more to enjoy.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your manly picnic.

As is customary for new members, here is a gift of chocolate.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Welcome to the forums. :D My very first route was Emi's good ending as well.
Steinherz wrote:]Am I the only one who enjoyed every route? Including Shizune's?
Seriously.
I actually liked hers as well. Not as much as the others but I didn't have an issue with any of the routes. As others have said though keep at it and you may find you have a different opinion on Emi and the other girls. I liked Emi a lot too but played through some of the others and definitely favor Hanako and Lilly.

And Xan I was going to say you didn't welcome our newest member properly, but I see you've fixed that. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Actually Emi was my first as well. I love her enthusiasm, and just general cuteness (and the fact shes not shy about sex is a bonus too). She has just enough vulnerability to make her loveable. She definitely brings a smile.

One thing you should beware of is 'cheating' syndrome. Where when you move onto another girl you find yourself thinking about and worrying about your previous girl. Is she okay? Is she happy? etc. At least with Lilly and Hanako its not so bad, since they're practically sisters in both routes.

Remember if you need to, you can always take a break. I had to wait about ten days between Hanako's and Rins, just because I couldn't get Hanako out of my head.

Come to think of it, she's still there.
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.