What do you think happens afterwards?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: What do you think happens afterwards?

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I guess so. There are just too many scenes where he pops up, rants about some crazy shit, then locks himself in his room.
And...Where does the not being a decent human being part come into that?
I dunno. Most nice people don't carry on about woman being evil and out to destroy the world?

Anyway, I'm just gonna shut up and wait for your fic, before I dig myself in any deeper. :oops:
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I guess so. There are just too many scenes where he pops up, rants about some crazy shit, then locks himself in his room.
And...Where does the not being a decent human being part come into that?
I dunno. Most nice people don't carry on about woman being evil and out to destroy the world?

Anyway, I'm just gonna shut up and wait for your fic, before I dig myself in any deeper. :oops:
I've always thought of Kenji like this. I assume his whole conspiracy theories thing was just an attempt to try and impress Hisao. The guy clearly has no friends and is a complete shut-in who doesn't even have any other hall mates to talk with. All he really wants is a friend, and he thinks maybe Hisao would be his friend if he saw him as more than a legally blind loser who locks himself away in his room all day to skip class and read. That's the way I see Kenji anyways.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:I've always thought of Kenji like this. I assume his whole conspiracy theories thing was just an attempt to try and impress Hisao. The guy clearly has no friends and is a complete shut-in who doesn't even have any other hall mates to talk with. All he really wants is a friend, and he thinks maybe Hisao would be his friend if he saw him as more than a legally blind loser who locks himself away in his room all day to skip class and read. That's the way I see Kenji anyways.
That theory turns to shit, unfortunately, when you consider that conspiracy theories would not serve either of those purposes in any conceivable way.

The guy's a shut-in, not an idiot. xD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

after Hanako's ending they go back to her room and have amazing not awkward sex
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote: That theory turns to shit, unfortunately, when you consider that conspiracy theories would not serve either of those purposes in any conceivable way.

The guy's a shut-in, not an idiot. xD
Maybe so but not necessarily. He clearly has very few social skills. Maybe he genuinely does think that Hisao will think he's cool if he makes up some sort of feminist conspiracy and acts like he's a special agent. You don't have to be an idiot to have no idea what to say to people. Obviously it's just a theory, but I've always thought there was good in Kenji ever since I met him in the hallway. Even if he hides it most of the time. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Eraser35 wrote:after Hanako's ending they go back to her room and have amazing not awkward sex
So amazing that they both forgot about protection apparently. :)

@Specimen: Unless its just some sort of macho act, to convince Hisao that hes not a wimp?

Kinda like those "real men" who deny that they've ever cried reading ks. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote: @Specimen: Unless its just some sort of macho act, to convince Hisao that hes not a wimp?

Kinda like those "real men" who deny that they've ever cried reading ks. :)
Exactly. I've always thought it was something exactly like that. It's so much easier to pretend to be some super-spy living a dangerous life than the reality of being a friendless shut-in who reads and keeps to himself. That's what I've always thought anyways.

And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

SpecimenSix wrote:
And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
Like I said in another thread, I'd give you a "Like" if we had a button for it. :)
Umber

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
Like I said in another thread, I'd give you a "Like" if we had a button for it. :)
We'd get people fishing for likes on these forums. No.

@SpecimenSix: Truer words have never been said.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Warwise

Post by Warwise »

One interesting thing about Kenji is that the guy is almost blind. That means he hardly knows what is going on. His paranoid could be an atempt at believing he knows what is going on. So that could be a defense mechanism.

Also, he shows a lot of diferent behaviors throught the diferent arcs. You do see sometimes that he cares about women and would like a girlfriend or a nice way to aproach a woman. Im not sure, but in Lilly´s arc he does show some interest in her. So all his bablings and theories could just be some pseudo-intelectual bullshit, where in his mind he is a much more romantic guy.

BTW, I havent played Kenji´s rout yet.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Warwise wrote:One interesting thing about Kenji is that the guy is almost blind. That means he hardly knows what is going on. His paranoid could be an atempt at believing he knows what is going on. So that could be a defense mechanism.

Also, he shows a lot of diferent behaviors throught the diferent arcs. You do see sometimes that he cares about women and would like a girlfriend or a nice way to aproach a woman. Im not sure, but in Lilly´s arc he does show some interest in her. So all his bablings and theories could just be some pseudo-intelectual bullshit, where in his mind he is a much more romantic guy.

BTW, I havent played Kenji´s rout yet.
Kenji's the only character where we focus more on his disability/insanity than his personality. However, since those two combined are basically his outer shell, the one he presents to everyone, we aren't provided the time (or the option) to get to be familiar his emotions, his background. There are definitely a few cases where we get a peek through the cracks of Kenji's 'shell', specifically Shizune's and Lilly's arc, but it isn't enough for us to really ground any proof that he's much more emotional than he seems to be.

But, that said, I really wished that there was a bigger focus on Kenji as a side-character. He's got things stirring under the surface that Hisao doesn't take the time to recognize. He's the comic relief puppet the entire game.

As for what happens afterward, I think...I think Kenji might make a great scientist, or a hilarious teacher. Or a reluctant member of the Eagle Forum.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.