Your "true ending" and/or OTP

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Your "true ending" and/or OTP

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:I strongly support Hisao x Hanako.

I think out of all of the girls in KS, Hanako would be the most dependent on Hisao while the other girls would get around fine if they never even met Hisao. To be honest, I don't think Hanako had any chance of coming out of her shell if it weren't for befriending Hisao, and I'm even scared what her life would be like if she never met him. With Lilly and Akira moving to Scotland, there's literally no one for Hanako to turn to, which makes me think the worst is in store for her.
So, barring Hisao, Hanako had no chance of ever meeting anyone else who would try to be her friend?

You're a bit of a pessimist, aren't ya? :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote: Thats true. We have no idea what will happen once Lilly returns. How will the "moving to Scotland dilemma be resolved? Will Hanako still connect with the newspaper club if shes in a relationship?

I go with the Sisterhood continuity myself, but I know I can't speak for everyone.
It would depend if Hanako wants to change herself at a fundamental level. Lord knows how she survived that long with her brand of self-loathing.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Lord knows how she survived that long with her brand of self-loathing.
Plenty of comfort from Lilly.

Take that however you like. It works either way.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:Lord knows how she survived that long with her brand of self-loathing.

^This. Even without the obvious reference, the thought of Hanako sitting in Lilly's room, giggling and having a normal conversation about her day, about boys, and books and other girl stuff is just cuteness overload.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

^This. Even without the obvious reference, the thought of Hanako sitting in Lilly's room, giggling and having a normal conversation about her day, about boys, and books and other girl stuff is just cuteness overload.
Lilly: "So, about boys..."

Hanako: "THEY CALLED ME BACON! :cry: :cry:"
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

True ending: Lilly's good ending
OTP: HisaoxLilly
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
Lilly: "So, about boys..."

Hanako: "THEY CALLED ME BACON! :cry: :cry:"

C'mon, they're high school girls. You know they do.

Didn't Lilly mention in H's arc that Hanako had actually come right out and said that she liked Hisao during evening tea?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Warwise

Post by Warwise »

pandaphil wrote:Maybe its because I'm sleepy right now and my brains a bit woozy, but I was watching AdventuresOfLuna's Lilly play through tonight, and found it interesting how much more subdued Hanako seems in Lilly's story. She doesn't have her panic attack in class, and doesn't go into the deep depression about her birthday that she does in her own arc. I wonder how we're supposed to reconcile the two? Which one is the "real" Hanako?
Hisao worries more about Hanako and look after her way more than he does in Lillys arc.

Also, Hanako does reach out for more people in Lillys arc by joining the newspaper club. Her panic attack happens because she aproaches Hisao instead and he, MIsha and Sizune fuck up and get the poor girl at the spotlight.
Anyway, the whole deal about Katawa Shoujo is that not only you get to meet and date diferent girls but these girls also change you somewhat. So one of the themes from Hanako´s arc is that not only Hanako has problems but Hisao also start having problems of his own because he only start caring about Hanako and stop caring about himself. He somewhat becomes "obsessed' with Hanako, which stops him from becoming a better guy and deal with his problems. That is what Lilly realize and tell him over the phone.

Since Hisao in Hanako´s arc isnt exactly the brighest, most emotionaly stable guy that could means that it could be more beneficial for Hanako that instead of Hisao dating her he dated Lilly (lol).

I consider the more complex and romantic arc to be Lillys good ending. It deals with a lot of themes, is long, has a more traditional and romantic story and also deals a lot with Hisao´s heart problems, which are suposed to be really important, yet are barely mentioned with some significance in some arcs. For example, Hisao almost dies while having sex with Lilly (even thorugh he runs a lot in Emi´s rout lol), so that gives extra credibility to Lilly´s story.

Nonetheless, all in all I think Emi had a higher chance to become Hisaos girlfriend because she is the only that really try to make things work in the start. So if Hisao didnt care much about the other girls or didnt get their atention he would probabily end up with Emi because she tries to catch him quite a few times.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Warwise wrote:For example, Hisao almost dies while having sex with Lilly (even thorugh he runs a lot in Emi´s rout lol), so that gives extra credibility to Lilly´s story.
His running in Emi's arc helps his condition, provided he doesn't overdo it by racing a damn track star...And he neglects his medication in Lilly's arc. It doesn't come up in others because he keeps to his pills. :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
...And he neglects his medication in Lilly's arc. It doesn't come up in others because he keeps to his pills. :lol:
Well you know that's not going to happen again. After that scare, Lilly is gonna ride him hard about taking his meds, and taking better care of himself.

Lilly: Hisao? I'd like you to meet Emi, she's our school track star. She's been kind enough to agree to help you get into shape. Isn't that wonderful?"

Emi: *evil grin* "So we meet again Mister Bond."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:After that scare, Lilly is gonna ride him hard
Isn't that what caused the attack in the first place?

Anyway, another OTP is Kenji and Yuuko. 8)
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
:lol: It has been too long without a Xanatos punchline, glad to see one again.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
:lol: It has been too long without a Xanatos punchline, glad to see one again.
Yeah, I can't do those so much now. Silentcook went on the warpath so I gotta moderate it. :lol:

And damn, now I really want to see a spinoff about Kenji...See the guy before his paranoia, maybe...
pisceanreve

Post by pisceanreve »

ok so I'm reviving this lol
I've been through Lilly, Emi, and Rin...Emi's my favorite so far, but I think my OTP's gonna end up being Shizune--she obviously has had a crush on him in the first place!
Rin and Hisao was...unhealthy, I think. and they didn't get on quite as well as the others. Lilly and Hisao were sweet but they were both so similar that there didn't seem to be a spark
another update to come once I finish Hanako and Shizune! XD
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

Xanatos wrote:And damn, now I really want to see a spinoff about Kenji...See the guy before his paranoia, maybe...
possibly a story about the girl he was with and what happened?

All of my dollars.
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune