29 year old hearing for the first time

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Auratus

Re: 29 year old hearing for the first time

Post by Auratus »

pandaphil wrote:Wow, and she didn't immediately lock herself away, or stuff her ears full of wax or something like people speculated in the Deux Ex thread? Remarkable. ;)

Thanks for the link.
I personally feels like she will eventually found the downside of hearing. Personally I think all sense (including sixth) but touch have its best and worst. Like humans, I think she might feel like founding a lover or kind of.

I thinks hearing-impaired people already use number of methods to communicate in "sounded" society, and Lip reading and speaking is most efficient method to communicate without additional knowledge or tools. So she might already knows how to speak even she never hear anything from birth and I thinks that her sudden emotion would be very hard to fake. So I 90 percent certain that this footage is real.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Florentine wrote:Just what kind of sane person will actually drag a worn out religious argument in a Katawa Forum?
For someone with 4000 posts, you act so immature :?
Xanatos acting mature?

pfffft :P
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Whoa, got a bit controversial back there. Let's not walk down that road, shall we?

Anyway, the video is really sweet, and it makes me realize how much I take for granted. I abuse my my gift of hearing by blasting music on my headphones. I'm afraid my hearing will slowly diminish as I age :P

There's also this video that I found to be equally as heartwarming.
Florentine

Post by Florentine »

How about another inspirational video?:

WITNESS THE GIRL WHO SAW THE WORLD FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Oh about the guy I posted earlier? I just saw his main page. A true tear jecker.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Florentine wrote:Just what kind of sane person will actually drag a worn out religious argument in a Katawa Forum?
For someone with 4000 posts, you act so immature :?
...I didn't boot up Firefox intending to make enemies today. But that entire post is nonsensical bullshit, and here's why:

In what reality is noting my disdain for someone else's stupidity dragging out a religious argument? Please enlighten me on how not arguing about religion at all is dragging out a religious argument. Did you know an argument takes two people? Did you know my post mentioning religion does not make it a 'religious argument'? He's a fool whose sense of worth is so completely fucked that he can't take credit for his own accomplishments. The apparent cause for this distorted self-worth is his belief that God helped out and did it all for him. That is a fact, not an argument. I couldn't give less of a fuck about the guy's religion. My issue is with his apparent inability to acknowledge that he actually did something on his own merit. This inability and his beliefs appear to be linked and so his beliefs came under scrutiny, not for being religious in nature, but for causing such an inability. You're seriously just complaining about shit you imagined. Chill out.

In what reality would arguing on a forum constitute a lack of sanity? Please enlighten me on how anyone who argues is a psychopath.

In what reality does one's post count on a forum have any correlation at all to maturity or, for that matter, anything else? Please enlighten me on how a forum post count is in any way relevant to anything.

Do you know what I call a post that can be torn asunder by a few basic questions and logic? Ignorant nonsense. I recommend avoiding that for everyone's sake. I'm perfectly willing to let all this unpleasantness slip from my mind so long as you can avoid jumping to really dumb conclusions in future. I also recommend any response to this go to my inbox as this thread is no place for such things.

Ahem...Now that that's over...Back on-topic then.

@Auratus: What exactly is the downside to hearing? Besides dubstep, that is... :lol:

@Keiichi: That's one adorable happy baby. :lol: And I can't stand babies, so that's saying something.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Florentine

Post by Florentine »

*sigh*
Hate is a very contagious disease. If you have something against religion, take it to where it belongs. This thread is to boast the acomplishment of the disabled and to inspire the majority. Otherwise, it can cause cancer. :?
I dont mind debating you in a PM though. If thats what you want
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

^ Congratulations on missing the point. Have an armless guitarist. He's pretty good.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:^ Congratulations on missing the point. Have an armless guitarist. He's pretty good.
Holy fuck.

I thought I was good at guitar...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:^ Congratulations on missing the point. Have an armless guitarist. He's pretty good.
Holy fuck.

:lol: Seriously. I can't play a guitar on account of the palsy but the various attempts I've made couldn't come close to this guy...And I had hands. :lol:
Florentine

Post by Florentine »

I am more interested at how they created their band. Anyone who can give a link fore their story?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Florentine wrote:I am more interested at how they created their band. Anyone who can give a link fore their story?
No story to speak of beyond "We made a band.", or so Google tells me.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Holy fuck.

:lol: Seriously. I can't play a guitar on account of the palsy but the various attempts I've made couldn't come close to this guy...And I had hands. :lol:
I've always had an ear for music, and can probably make a career in music if I put every ounce of effort I have to get up there, but watching this guy play so amazingly with his toes makes me sad. Not because he doesn't have hands, oh no; but that he's probably more capable of making a profit out of a music career than I :P
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

I call shenanigans somewhere...

This comment on the video, if true, explains a lot:
I agree that if she was completely deaf before it could not be possible but this person was not completely deaf before. Her hearing was 85 dB down which is profound hearing loss. She could hear her own voice inside. Her problem was the middle ear, not the cochlea. I agree the video is not clear on that.
Which would explain how her speech is very clear and also that she can understand the speech from the audiologist. If she'd been born completely deaf then she would be well past the age where her brain would be able to learn to interpret the sound of speech.
Ultima01

Post by Ultima01 »

I have a YouTube account, and that video is now in my favorites.

This reminds me of the Deus Ex thread.