Your first ending?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
sennit
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Re: Your first ending?

Post by sennit » Fri May 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Zeero Mizera wrote:bad ending of hanako... NO! i love you hanako!
Heh. The neutral is worse...
I figure that if you didn't get Hanako's good ending, you feel like crap. Unless you have no soul and in that case that's an entirely different problem.

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Your first ending?

Post by pandaphil » Fri May 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Steinherz wrote:
Zeero Mizera wrote:bad ending of hanako... NO! i love you hanako!
Heh. The neutral is worse...

It is? I thought the neutral ending was rather... neutral.

You did all this work for a girl you grew to love, and your relationship goes nowhere.
That's what Xan means.

I agree re the neutral ending. Just depressing. Strangely the bad ending doesn't bother me as much, even though its hard as hell to see her face like that at the end. To be honest, I thought Hisao was being so patronizing to her in that scene that he deserved it (Xan will disagree of course). I do hope that that sad expression at the end means that she'll talk with Lilly when she gets back instead of discarding her friendship too.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri May 03, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

YZQ
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 am

Re: Your first ending?

Post by YZQ » Fri May 03, 2013 8:24 pm

To me, the Bad Ending for Emi, Hanako, Lily and Shizune just has the giant sign "Teenagers are blockheads" plastered over them. Nothing too unusual. After the recovery, hopefully all involved will get better.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Your first ending?

Post by Xanatos » Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 pm

pandaphil wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
Zeero Mizera wrote:bad ending of hanako... NO! i love you hanako!
Heh. The neutral is worse...

It is? I thought the neutral ending was rather... neutral.

You did all this work for a girl you grew to love, and your relationship goes nowhere.
That's what Xan means.

I agree re the neutral ending. Just depressing. Strangely the bad ending doesn't bother me as much, even though its hard as hell to see her face like that at the end. To be honest, I thought Hisao was being so patronizing to her in that scene that he deserved it (Xan will disagree of course). I do hope that that sad expression at the end means that she'll talk with Lilly when she gets back instead of discarding her friendship too.
Define "patronizing".
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Your first ending?

Post by pandaphil » Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Define "patronizing".
I think we've had this discussion before, but the way he basically kept nagging her to come outside with him, after she specifically told him a number of times that no, she didn't want to. Then arguing the point when she asks him to please leave.

If not patronizing, at least he proved that we was pretty damn thick, and had a real lack of respect for her feelings. Maybe asking her twice would have been fine. After that he should have simply dropped it, said he would be there if she needed him, then left. Instead he kept pestering her about it, as if he somehow knew what was best for her, and finally got what I thought he deserved.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Your first ending?

Post by Xanatos » Fri May 03, 2013 9:13 pm

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Define "patronizing".
I think we've had this discussion before, but the way he basically kept nagging her to come outside with him, after she specifically told him a number of times that no, she didn't want to. Then arguing the point when she asks him to please leave.

If not patronizing, at least he proved that we was pretty damn thick, and had a real lack of respect for her feelings. Maybe asking her twice would have been fine. After that he should have simply dropped it, said he would be there if she needed him, then left. Instead he kept pestering her about it, as if he somehow knew what was best for her, and finally got what I thought he deserved.
Yes, how dare he be concerned for his excessively depressed friends. What a monster. :roll: Because, you know, horribly depressed people who are moping around and quite possibly believing they shouldn't have been born totally know what's best for them and should totally be left alone when they request it...What you call "thick" is what normal people call "rational". :P

On a totally unrelated note, the last I heard of some friends leaving their other depressed friend alone upon request, she jumped out a window and splattered all over a sedan.
Last edited by Xanatos on Fri May 03, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

YZQ
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 am

Re: Your first ending?

Post by YZQ » Fri May 03, 2013 9:14 pm

On another note, was Hanako on any medication?
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Your first ending?

Post by Xanatos » Fri May 03, 2013 9:17 pm

YZQ wrote:On another note, was Hanako on any medication?
Only the sweet sweet healing powers of chocolate...But no, I don't think so. Her therapist might have tossed something her way, maybe...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Your first ending?

Post by pandaphil » Fri May 03, 2013 9:19 pm

YZQ wrote:On another note, was Hanako on any medication?

Wasn't it mentioned that she was taking sleeping pills? Or I thinking of "Sisterhood" again?
Xanatos wrote:
Yes, how dare he be concerned for his excessively depressed friends. What a monster. :roll: Because, you know, horribly depressed people totally know what's best for them and should totally be left alone when they request it...

On a totally unrelated note, the last I heard of some friends leaving their other depressed friend alone upon request, she jumped out a window and splattered all over a sedan.
Yeah, and we see how well his 'concern' worked out for him. :roll: I'm not saying he didn't have good intentions, just that he pushed the issue way too hard. He should have backed off when it was obvious she was getting upset by his intrusion.

He also completely ignores Lilly's advice to give her space. Which is another strike against him.

*sigh* I suppose at this rate I'm going to have to rewatch that scene and write a transcript. :(
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

YZQ
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 am

Re: Your first ending?

Post by YZQ » Fri May 03, 2013 9:23 pm

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:On another note, was Hanako on any medication?
Only the sweet sweet healing powers of chocolate...But no, I don't think so. Her therapist might have tossed something her way, maybe...
@Panda: Sleeping pills aren't what she needs. Pills that change brain chemistry sounds just about right.

If only chocolate alters brain chemistry to that extent...
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Your first ending?

Post by pandaphil » Fri May 03, 2013 9:26 pm

YZQ wrote:
@Panda: Sleeping pills aren't what she needs. Pills that change brain chemistry sounds just about right.

If only chocolate alters brain chemistry to that extent...

Maybe I am thinking of the fic, where her therapist had her on them because she was having trouble relaxing enough to sleep. Its was around her birthday I think.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Your first ending?

Post by Xanatos » Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 pm

pandaphil wrote:
YZQ wrote:On another note, was Hanako on any medication?

Wasn't it mentioned that she was taking sleeping pills? Or I thinking of "Sisterhood" again?
Xanatos wrote:
Yes, how dare he be concerned for his excessively depressed friends. What a monster. :roll: Because, you know, horribly depressed people totally know what's best for them and should totally be left alone when they request it...

On a totally unrelated note, the last I heard of some friends leaving their other depressed friend alone upon request, she jumped out a window and splattered all over a sedan.
Yeah, and we see how well his 'concern' worked out for him. :roll: I'm not saying he didn't have good intentions, just that he pushed the issue way too hard. He should have backed off when it was obvious she was getting upset by his intrusion.

He also completely ignores Lilly's advice to give her space. Which is another strike against him.

*sigh* I suppose at this rate I'm going to have to rewatch that scene and write a transcript. :(
She got upset by his intrusion the same way an alcoholic gets upset by an intervention. Should they just be left alone to drink their livers away because trying to help upsets them?

Yeah, he ignored Lilly's advice. Sure, Lilly would know best but consider how that advice sounds to an outsider. "Just let her mope around alone and it'll all be okay!" It's hardly unreasonable to think that birthday after birthday of letting her stew in her own depression wasn't a very good solution...

At the end of the day, whether Hisao was thick or just reacting as most human beings would (It's the second one :P), Hanako's reaction was a greater cause of the bad end than Hisao's initial action. If she'd just gone with him, she could've been cheered up, might even have gotten a nice Lilly-caliber confession, probably bought some cotton candy...But because in her mind, his legit concern was just white knight bullshit, she got angry.

Was he meddling too much? Yeah, maybe. But most everyone else (you very likely included) would have done the same. He was concerned. Overbearingly so, which is a fault, but still just being human. And her outburst isn't his fault. It's hers. She should have just gone for the cotton candy.

You are now imagining Hanako omnomnoming cotton candy. Enjoy your kawaii-fugue.

@YZQ: I doubt that would help. Meddling with chemicals can't erase the memories. As far as I know...
Last edited by Xanatos on Fri May 03, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

YZQ
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 am

Re: Your first ending?

Post by YZQ » Fri May 03, 2013 9:31 pm

It won't erase the memories (that will require some nasty and unethical surgery) but it will change her mood. To what, I can only speculate.

Also, I reckon pills are expensive, which is why she doesn't use them.

Hanako going all Louis on L4D pills just came to my mind.
Last edited by YZQ on Fri May 03, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Your first ending?

Post by Xanatos » Fri May 03, 2013 9:35 pm

YZQ wrote:It won't erase the memories (that will require some nasty and unethical surgery) but it will change her mood. To what, I can only speculate.
Hypnosis works too.

I hope she's in the mood for a conga line through the Shanghai during business hours. Yuuko would lose it. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

YZQ
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 am

Re: Your first ending?

Post by YZQ » Fri May 03, 2013 9:40 pm

"Did Hanako just do a conga line here....."

Me thinks Yuuko needs pills too.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."

Post Reply