Your first ending?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: Your first ending?

Post by Steinherz »

Emi's good end for me.
Hans PK wrote:Emi's good ending here. I didn't intend to get on her path; I was just following common sense and got pulled into it before I knew what was happening. I ended up liking it, even though the famed Master of Romance latches on tight to the idiot ball at a few points. "Fine, keep your secrets. They can lie in the grave..." What made you think that was a good idea?

Oh, and Manly Picnic is fun. You should try it.
I have to agree on this. Also, Hisao's comment there was most likely a case of "unintentional stupidity". In other words, at that point he didn't know about Emi's father being deceased but after it he probably figured it out. People forget Hisao isn't a total idiot, just dense at times.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:In other words, at that point he didn't know about Emi's father being deceased but after it he probably figured it out. People forget Hisao isn't a total idiot, just dense at times.
Hadn't she already mentioned he was dead by that point?

@Hans: Um...Isn't the way onto Emi's path the exact opposite of common sense? Something about a guy with arrhythmia trying to race a track star... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Steinherz wrote:In other words, at that point he didn't know about Emi's father being deceased but after it he probably figured it out. People forget Hisao isn't a total idiot, just dense at times.
If I recall correctly Emi doesn't tell him until they go to "meet" him. She does have a nightmare and she says something about her father, but that's it (I may be wrong here)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
If I recall correctly Emi doesn't tell him until they go to "meet" him. She does have a nightmare and she says something about her father, but that's it (I may be wrong here)
Well, if she hadn't told him yet, I have to believe he's a fucking idiot for not knowing anyway. I figured it out from the nightmares if not earlier. :lol: I mean, really...When he meets Meiko at the track meet, she gets all sad when the father comes up. Outright says he isn't around anymore. It's fairly obvious even then. I mean, he could assume there was just a shitty divorce or something but then who has nightmares over their father's divorce?
Last edited by Xanatos on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Post by Hans PK »

Alas, I tend to forget minor details like the biggest thing that gets you onto Emi's path. Excuse me. stupid, stupid, stupid...

And no, Hisao never gets exact confirmation of her father's death until the cemetery, but it's made pretty obvious that her father's no longer around about halfway into her route and slightly tests my suspension of disbelief.
What is there left to say?
baggypantsman

Post by baggypantsman »

I got Lilly's good ending on my first try. It was probably the first thing in a few years to (almost) make me cry.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Emi's good end. Very nice way to end the story; though, I felt it left you begging for more. Looking at Emi's naked body as the last image in the route was a bit of a tease :P
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

Emi. I did intend to go on her path from the beginning, but wasn't sure I was going on her path.
her good ending. I did indeed intend to see her good ending, but wasn't sure I was going to see the good ending.

yah it all surprisingly worked out well.
Umber

Post by Umber »

KeiichiO wrote:Emi's good end. Very nice way to end the story; though, I felt it left you begging for more.
And that's when we realized there was a 'Very Good End'.
KeiichiO wrote:Looking at Emi's naked body as the last image in the route was a bit of a tease :P
It was a a mix between a good ending and a cliffhanger, for me. Not sure why it felt that way, but, as you stated earlier, it did provide a comfortable (but not satiating) ending.
Last edited by Umber on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

My first THREE endings were all Hanako's in order from worst to best.

I didn't even know there was a Kenji ending until I decided to try playing the game and purposely alienating everyone just to see what happened.

As for Hisao not figuring out what happened to Emi's dad, I seem to recall him thinking something along the lines of "something happened to her father and I'm pretty sure I know what, but I don't want to say anything," long before the final reveal.
Not Dead Yet
Barfman1

Post by Barfman1 »

I'm pretty sure almost everyone got Emi's good ending on their first try. I don't know why, but it seems whoever I ask had that as their first.
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

I'm in a similar boat with ShadeHaven. I was forced into following Emi at her house and thought I had entered the bad ending, so I backtracked. However, I did that before finding out that I still had a chance to get the good ending by talking to Misha. So technically the first ending I got was Emi's good ending, but it wasn't a "pure" playthrough to begin with. >.<
Oddball wrote:As for Hisao not figuring out what happened to Emi's dad, I seem to recall him thinking something along the lines of "something happened to her father and I'm pretty sure I know what, but I don't want to say anything," long before the final reveal.
That happens like once, in "Saving Throw", which is not long before the final reveal at all. I can see why the line is in there, but if you ask me that whole concept needed to come up more often, and much earlier, to really be effective, especially since the route's actual conflict is supposed to be Hisao convincing Emi that it's okay to let others get close to you and not simply figuring out what happened to her father. Because Hisao's approach to theorizing what happened to her father wasn't addressed that much, it didn't seem as readily apparent as it should have been (not that you couldn't tell at all, of course) that the previous spoiler was supposed to be the actual conflict, if you ask me.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
Command13

Post by Command13 »

My first was Lilly's good ending, honestly I almost screwed it up completely but managed to avoid my Derp messing the route up. :roll: Lilly quickly became my favorite, with Hanako being a painfully close second. Gah I like all the characters, don't make me pick.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Barfman1 wrote:I'm pretty sure almost everyone got Emi's good ending on their first try. I don't know why, but it seems whoever I ask had that as their first.
I also got Emi's good ending first, and I don't really get why people are accusing Hisao of idiot ball ownership. In fact, the reason I got that ending at all was that I chose what I thought the most reasonable choices. Heart defect requires exercise to improve likelihood of survival past 20? Then exercise you dumb git! Girl interested in helping motivate you and becoming friends? Why the hell not? Girl clearly wants to be alone? Don't follow her, it's not like she's going to explode, just to cool off! I only got that ending by doing what a reasonable person in Hisao's situation would do.
Oddball wrote:As for Hisao not figuring out what happened to Emi's dad, I seem to recall him thinking something along the lines of "something happened to her father and I'm pretty sure I know what, but I don't want to say anything," long before the final reveal.
Yes, these thoughts definitely came up early enough to save Hisao from idiot status. Rather, he earns tactful status.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

muliebrity wrote:Yes, these thoughts definitely came up early enough to save Hisao from idiot status. Rather, he earns tactful status.
Except he wasn't tactful and he was an idiot...At least in one ending.