Have you dated someone like any KS character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

muliebrity

Re: Have you dated someone like any KS character?

Post by muliebrity »

Man, a lot of us have dated or been influenced by Emis in real life. I wonder if that's a curse for those of us who are shy, self-deprecating (*cough*Hanako*cough*) types: we're attracted to outgoing and hard working types.

This is something that actually hit me pretty hard with Emi. She was the only one who actually said something to kick things off like one of my exes did, with the whole "are you going to kiss me?" moment. That's something I think myself and a lot of others like me just find... Comforting? I don't know, does anyone else know what I'm saying? It's nice to hear it's a mutual feeling, but it's also really nice not to have to just guess. I don't know if that makes me a beta, I don't really care.
HLGU wrote:it's like escapism and reality kick in both at the same time.
Preeeeety much, dude. Well put.
You know, I've only ever seen that movie in Japanese. The voice work in the English version is better.
HLGU wrote:but right now I'm not so certain.. I'm a little bit Kenji now in regard of love and relationship, for it seems to be somewhat easily expired.
And by looking at the people around, it seems fairly easily replaceable, too.
I thought it would be something much more than that, something I cannot redo easily. maybe i took it far too much seriously, I don't know.
I can really relate, I haven't had any desire to even look for anyone for over a year, and I've even turned down invitations by friends to go on double dates and advances from an ex (my dad even tried to set me up with a Thai model he knew that was an au pair for his PA, it was really weird). At the end, it can all seem like it's not worth it. I think one of the nice things about KS is that not all routes and endings are about the relationship, I actually really liked how Shizune's route ended because everyone seemed to be looking forward, enriched by the experience overall. Despite this more realistic depiction, real life is still more complicated and makes the whole thing less attractive as you experience it more often. It doesn't help that there are loud couple's fights all the time where I live.
Xanatos wrote:It collapses easy sometimes. That's just a fact. Love's largely a crapshoot. If it comes, enjoy. Just don't get too fixated about it.
You know, despite being a little evil, you're a really nice guy. :lol:
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

muliebrity wrote:Man, a lot of us have dated or been influenced by Emis in real life. I wonder if that's a curse for those of us who are shy, self-deprecating (*cough*Hanako*cough*) types: we're attracted to outgoing and hard working types.

This is something that actually hit me pretty hard with Emi. She was the only one who actually said something to kick things off like one of my exes did, with the whole "are you going to kiss me?" moment. That's something I think myself and a lot of others like me just find... Comforting? I don't know, does anyone else know what I'm saying? It's nice to hear it's a mutual feeling, but it's also really nice not to have to just guess. I don't know if that makes me a beta, I don't really care.
Keep in mind that some of us, myself included, may have known these girls before we ever heard of KS (never mind that I only learned shortly before the full version was released, but you get the idea). However, that is something I've thought about before. I'm an introverted and quiet person, yet here I was attracted to an outgoing girl. Perhaps someone like that just makes a guy like me feel more comfortable around others in general, kind of like how you're describing.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Well, yeah. I knew girls like Emi before playing KS, too.

I think a large part of it is that with talkative people, it isn't necessary to reach around for topics to talk about, which is great when you're not great at it. It makes me want to go through Emi's route again and count how many times she starts up conversation and how often Hisao does. Then compare that to the same count with Hanako.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

muliebrity wrote:Well, yeah. I knew girls like Emi before playing KS, too.

I think a large part of it is that with talkative people, it isn't necessary to reach around for topics to talk about, which is great when you're not great at it. It makes me want to go through Emi's route again and count how many times she starts up conversation and how often Hisao does. Then compare that to the same count with Hanako.
While that is true, for me it only applied to a certain extent. I'm much more quiet myself, but that's mostly out of choice. While I was with my ex she was constantly talking, and whenever I wasn't talkative she would assume something was wrong. I distinctly remember picking her up and going for what couldn't have been more than a ten minute drive without saying anything, just enjoying the scenery. Sure enough she assumed I was mad at her for something and remained distant for the rest of the night.

I'm always reminded of Mia Wallace in Pulp Fiction. "That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence."
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

True, it comes with some downsides. For me, that wasn't a problem with my ex which reminds me of Emi/Shizune, she cared enough to get to know me and learn that I like to say nothing when I have nothing to say, she didn't take it personally, most of the time.

Communication! That's the ticket. A lot of Hisao's problems would have been moot had he been more communicative.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

muliebrity wrote:True, it comes with some downsides. For me, that wasn't a problem with my ex which reminds me of Emi/Shizune, she cared enough to get to know me and learn that I like to say nothing when I have nothing to say, she didn't take it personally, most of the time.

Communication! That's the ticket. A lot of Hisao's problems would have been moot had he been more communicative.
I absolutely agree, communication is absolutely vital. That being said, my ex didn't seem to grasp the fact that mindlessly chatting away about bullshit isn't really communication. You don't even have to say anything at all to communicate with someone.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Umber

Post by Umber »

SpecimenSix wrote:
muliebrity wrote:
I absolutely agree, communication is absolutely vital. That being said, my ex didn't seem to grasp the fact that mindlessly chatting away about bullshit isn't really communication. You don't even have to say anything at all to communicate with someone.
Proof of point: Numerous Shizune scenes.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Umber wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
muliebrity wrote:
Proof of point: Numerous Shizune scenes.
Was she signing in those? Sorry, but had to be sure.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Warwise

Post by Warwise »

muliebrity wrote:Well, yeah. I knew girls like Emi before playing KS, too.

It is Emi who invites you to keep running with her.
It is Emi who invites you to start having lunch with her.
It is Emi who asks you to kiss her.

So, she does make most of the moves.

I think we have met so many Emi´s out there because most of us are introverted shy people who dont really have a lot to say most of the time. So these girls are always talking and asking us to do stuff and we usually go with them.
My ex was an Emi and was an emotional rollercoaster and she praised me because I was mostly stable and calm in almost all situations. So even when she freaked out I was there to make her calm and safe. It all went to hell when I started to become as emotional as her lol.

And I agree: Comunication is the key. Most of the times you cant properly show what you are thinking or trying to do: its best to explain and talk about it.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Warwise wrote:I think we have met so many Emi´s out there because most of us are introverted shy people who dont really have a lot to say most of the time. So these girls are always talking and asking us to do stuff and we usually go with them.
This sounds fairly likely.

My wife is also an introvert. When we first got to know each other, it was online, so we communicated only in text. When we met in real life, getting her to talk was like pulling teeth. It's just a lot easier to get on with extroverts, at least at first, and easier to get to know them.

The problem, at least for me, was getting the extroverted girls to understand that I needed to have time alone and sometimes just didn't want to talk. One of the blessings of being married to an introvert is that she already understands that and has that need herself, so it could be that we get along much better in day-to-day life than my Emi and I might have done.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Well, opposites attract right?
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Selim Bradley wrote:Well, opposites attract right?
Scientifically speaking. Doesn't really imply that attraction leads to understanding, though. People are opposites for a reason, whether for good or bad ones in a relationship.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Umber wrote:
Scientifically speaking. Doesn't really imply that attraction leads to understanding, though. People are opposites for a reason, whether for good or bad ones in a relationship.
True, you shouldn't have to completely change yourself or expect the other person to do the same. Romance is like any other relationship: both people have to compromise.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Umber wrote:
Now you're sounding more like Hisao. :lol:

There's something to the idea that opposites attract, but it's still better to mix blue and yellow than to mix blue and orange, if you know what I mean. A perfect compliment is about as bad as dating oneself.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

muliebrity wrote:
Umber wrote:
Now you're sounding more like Hisao. :lol:

There's something to the idea that opposites attract, but it's still better to mix blue and yellow than to mix blue and orange, if you know what I mean. A perfect compliment is about as bad as dating oneself.
But what if you're narcissistic and the thought of dating yourself turns you on? I agree though, I can still easily appreciate someone even if we don't have every little thing in common.