Have you dated someone like any KS character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KeiichiO

Re: Have you dated someone like any KS character?

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
Velitation wrote:I was talking about my sense of humour.
The prime directive of a comedian, as summed up by George Carlin: "Find the line, and cross it twice."

My sense of humor is a modified version:"Find the line, piss on the line, rape the line's dog."
I've never been able to describe your sense of humor Xan, but... that... that does the job superbly. It just makes everything so clear. So coherent.

I feel as if the analysis of Xanatos has finally been revealed to the public.
Last edited by KeiichiO on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Velitation wrote:I loved George Carlin's rants. Football and baseball is up there in my all time favourite comedic acts.
Loved? I still watch them. :lol: Jeselnik's giving him a run for his money though. After all, who else will wrap up a show with "Let's wrap this baby up and throw it in the river."? He gives none of the fucks and I couldn't love him more.

I will say I'm disappointed that Carlin never took on The Aristocrats. :lol:

@Keiichi: "Whenever there's a subject too sensitive to joke about, we make a bunch of jokes about it..." - Anthony Jeselnik. :P If I ever get cancer, I'll be the cheeriest dying guy you've ever seen. XD

On-topic, I almost dated an Emi once...Sort of. Kind of.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

SpecimenSix wrote:
muliebrity wrote: I got some whiskey. You want some whiskey?
I'd love some. I'm more of a schnapps man but I'll drink any and all liquors without bias. I used to drink a ton of wine but after a series of unfortunate events (and hangovers), I decided to take a little break from that.
I'll leave it in the park. And I'll take some leftover wine if you've got any.

I agree with everyone else on sense of humor, Velitation. I, for one, loved the Andrew Sachs granddaughter saga.

Also, I'd say that the world has enough terrible in it that you either lose faith in humanity or laugh about it, a sick sense of humor is just a reflection of the world we live in. It's weirder to not find everything funny, in my opinion.

Sort of On Topic: Has anyone ever met a Kenji? My friend pretty much is Kenji.
Xanatos wrote:On-topic, I almost dated an Emi once...Sort of. Kind of.
Do tell.
Last edited by muliebrity on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

muliebrity wrote:Sort of On Topic: Has anyone ever met a Kenji? My friend pretty much is Kenji.
My former brother could be Kenji if you took all the fun out of Kenji and let his conspiracy nonsense be more general and less feminist-related. "OMG HITLER WORKED WITH ALIENS TO AWAKEN TITANS FROM UNDERGROUND! OMG CHRISTOPHER NOLAN'S BATMAN MOVIES PREDICT THE APOCALYPSE!"

:roll:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

muliebrity wrote: Sort of On Topic: Has anyone ever met a Kenji? My friend pretty much is Kenji.
How do you mean?
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:@Keiichi: "Whenever there's a subject too sensitive to joke about, we make a bunch of jokes about it..." - Anthony Jeselnik. :P If I ever get cancer, I'll be the cheeriest dying guy you've ever seen. XD
Well you certainly are a trooper.

I don't know who this Anthony Jeselnik person is, but he sounds like my kind of guy. I often find my self making jokes at a completely inappropriate time. Gay jokes are funny, but apparently not around gay people :P [/sarcasm]
Last edited by KeiichiO on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Selim Bradley wrote:
muliebrity wrote: Sort of On Topic: Has anyone ever met a Kenji? My friend pretty much is Kenji.
How do you mean?
He's a misogynist who not so secretly wishes he were closer to women. Poor guy's been trying to get a date for years, but he can't keep his cynicism under wraps long enough. He once told a girl point blank that she had a terrible personality. He was courting this girl.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

muliebrity wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
How do you mean?
He's a misogynist who not so secretly wishes he were closer to women. Poor guy's been trying to get a date for years, but he can't keep his cynicism under wraps long enough. He once told a girl point blank that she had a terrible personality. He was courting this girl.
I meant how close to KS Kenji does the person have to be to be classified as a Kenji, but your friend beats anyone I know in that department.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

FAI've seen a few Kenjis here and there. Had a crush on someone like Emi a long time ago. As for my person story that I mentioned earlier, I will write it after I have given my complete thoughts on KS in my thread in the feedback forum, as well as read a bunch of the forum to see other experiences. PS don't use a phone to type on these forums. I've found it is a pain with this post.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote: -Something he said earlier-
George Carlin, come back. We're in need of poking fun at social/political flaws.
KeiichiO wrote: I don't know who this Anthony Jeselnik person is, but he sounds like my kind of guy. I often find my self making jokes at a completely inappropriate time. Gay jokes are funny, but apparently not around gay people :P [/sarcasm]
"What's the hardest part of a vegetable to eat?

The wheelchair." -Said my friend in the hospital while getting a broken leg checked out. I'd like to think that friend was a mixed breed of Kenji/Miki.

The doctor looked like he was going to break the other limb...
Last edited by Umber on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

I tend to unconciously gravitate toward Shizune types I noticed. My only real girlfriend (We dated for years and years off and on.) was very much one. I met her in High School, where she played in the band. I was a drummer, she played the clarinet if I remember correctly. I would have never really met her BECAUSE of that if she wasnt the type to really take charge of EVERYONES station. We used to sit together during the football games when we played for them. During the intermissions, I'd hike her on my back, or she'd hike me onto hers (I was a really small guy), and we'd run around, be loud, and wreak lots of havok. It was really a sight to see. She would lick me...In the face. Because it was hilarious, but we didnt date back then. I was much too insecure, and she was already dating a guy. I liked her! But...Yeah. I just stood back and waited. and angst. It all worked out later in life though, after graduation. We found eachother again through the internet by complete chance, and went on a date. She was -just- as aggressive, and had that take charge attitude. In every way you could possibly think of. I met her parents, which to be quite honest...Her relationship with her mom reminded me of Shizune's with Jigoro. I didn't like her either, but I didnt say anything, and I was polite out of respect. Then came ANOTHER surprise. She had money. Alot of it. They invited me for crab. Im middle class. Working family. When they said crabs. I expected the type that we catch when we go fishing...Yeah...I was wrong. Big house, little yapper dogs that noone liked. They just -had- them because it was the thing to do. And gigantic "Deadliest Catch" Style crab dinner. They liked me well enough, and I really liked this girl. She was a year older than me. Im 22 now I started dating her when I was 18. She was, and still is an area manager for a tax company. She manages multiple locations, and has alot on her plate. It's crazy how someone her age has a job with so much responsibility. She truelly -is- the leader type. She had some personal problems however that I wont get into too much out of respect. But I tried to be there for her as much as I could. Unfortunately, it wasn't something I could honestly help her with. She had to work them out on her own. Because of that, and how she usually felt about herself. She broke up with me. about three times. After the third time I just didn't come back. Wasn't fair to me. We're still friends. I like to think we're good friends. Because they adventures with have in public are crazy. All business when working, but when playing...Hah. Fun times. Crazy times, but fun times indeed.

There is another girl, though I wont speak about her too much. We're best friends. Been best friends for a long time. I like her, she doesnt like me in that way. Hurts alot. But, I'm happy to stand by and be her friend, because I think thats what we both need anyway. The pain has always been worth it to me. :)

And honestly, who you date, or even like, can be a reflection of either yourself, or something that you lack. In my case. It's a bit of both. I can be a really take charge person in certain situations. Mainly a professional, or educational situation. If theres something going on with the family, or a friend, or if generally noone steps up. I'm usually the one who will. But at the same time. I'm just as happy to find someone else who will do it for me. because I find the attribute attractive. As I can be pretty insecure at times, and to have someone else do it, is a giant load off of my shoulders.

Alright, I've taken the spotlight long enough. I'm sure other folks have met people that connected them to KS too!
illuminati

Post by illuminati »

I liked an Emi type character in highschool. However, she was out of my league. I was the class clown and she was really popular. I believe she dated a guy who was captain of two teams. she was a little bit too revealing, but had a cheerful personality. Looked like emi (minus the missing limbs).
I wish I never played this great game. I'm constantly thinking about it. My first visual novel type game and it caused the most feels. I might skip out on similar games because I really don't like dwelling on personal issues.
Sorry for that last ranting bit. This was my first post.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

illuminati wrote:I liked an Emi type character in highschool. However, she was out of my league. I was the class clown and she was really popular. I believe she dated a guy who was captain of two teams. she was a little bit too revealing, but had a cheerful personality. Looked like emi (minus the missing limbs).
I wish I never played this great game. I'm constantly thinking about it. My first visual novel type game and it caused the most feels. I might skip out on similar games because I really don't like dwelling on personal issues.
First off, sick username :P

I could definitely relate to you there. When I moved and changed schools, I entered my school as the class clown, and left as the class clown. I was always saying stupid stuff that made entire classes laugh in the middle of a lecture. Sometimes the teachers would laugh along with us, but most often they'd forge a vendetta with me...
Ehh... I'm losing train of my thought.

Anyway, there was this girl. Short, blonde hair, cherubic appearance. Basically she was the cutest girl I've ever seen. She was proclaimed by the entire school as the most popular girl, while I was the new kid and class clown. Yeah... I see nothing happening here. She was very nice to me, but I don't think I ever had the change with this fox. She also dated this asshole jock, (He pushed me out of a window once...) so that pretty much sealed the deal of me never dating her.

Also, KS is my first visual novel as well. I certainly wasn't expecting the feel level but be so high, so it hit me dead on like a truck on the freeway. It caused me to feel these beautiful feelings that I've never experienced before. Some were bad, but a majority were good. The writers of KS are expert making a grown man cry. Seriously, Chuck Norris would shed his godly tears after reading this beautiful piece.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I know/knew a(n):

Emi
Hanako
Rin
Lilly
Akira
Shizune
Kenji
Mutou
Miki
Yuuko
Sae
Nomiya(ish)
Jigoro(ish)

Never dated any of them...
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Umber wrote:George Carlin, come back. We're in need of poking fun at social/political flaws.
May I recommend: David Mitchell, Charlie Brooker, Frankie Boyle, Dara O'Briain, Sarah Millican, Russell Howard, so on and so forth.
"What's the hardest part of a vegetable to eat?

The wheelchair."
That. Is. Genius. Laughing my ass off, or I was, now I am smiling as I type.
Zailen wrote:...
Thanks for sharing a really interesting story. Breakups are never fun, but I love that no matter what happens, the people you do the nasty with on a regular basis come to define a large part of who you become.
And honestly, who you date, or even like, can be a reflection of either yourself, or something that you lack.
Definitely! I know that one of my girlfriends really inspired me to sort my life out. She was the type to work her ass off, taking leading positions in any context (including with me, she was the one who pursued me) and doing everything she could to achieve her goals. It's because of her that I applied to college in the first place, and she changed me for the better.
illuminati wrote:I wish I never played this great game. I'm constantly thinking about it. My first visual novel type game and it caused the most feels. I might skip out on similar games because I really don't like dwelling on personal issues.
Maybe you should try looking at it differently. Read some of the stories on this forum from other people, like the many who started working out thanks to the impact the character of Emi had on them. There's good to be found in those feels.
Man you should post moar. Good start.
KeiichiO wrote:She also dated this asshole jock, (He pushed me out of a window once...) so that pretty much sealed the deal of me never dating her.
Why do people do things like pushing others out of windows. Ridiculous. She must not have been a very good judge of character.
Seriously, Chuck Norris would shed his godly tears after reading this beautiful piece.
He would if he had a heart, but he long since replaced his heart with a bald eagle head. His liver is a bible.
OtakuNinja wrote: ...
Nomiya(ish)
Never dated any of them...
Ugh, imagine dating Nomiya...
Unorthodox KS Fanart