Have you dated someone like any KS character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Have you dated someone like any KS character?

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Well, what Xan can hope is that the guy treats the girl well. Failing that, anything is possibkle after the divorce.
:lol: I doubt that. We don't talk anymore and it's unlikely we'll be talking in future when any hypothetical divorce might happen.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Someone else, then. Can be a long search, and you may not find one at the end.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
win746

Post by win746 »

That really is a punch, that's quite a story.

As for me, I've actually reconnected with the girl who's like Shizune I mentioned on the first page, in appearance and some of her personality, with a mix of Emi's joyous personality. In fact, I spent a weekend of the easter break with her and a few old friends, so that was really a blast. Haven't got to the dating part, don't know if I'll ever will. We both live in completely different continents. I still talk to her online, and we've seem to get along very well, more than I ever expected.......

...... Until I fucked it up, which I'll probably take to the broken heart's club.....
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I went to prom with someone similar to Misha, but less obnoxious, more thoughtful, and without an annoying laugh and a large chest.

She also had red hair. Close enough.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
TehLandshark

Post by TehLandshark »

HarvestmanMan wrote:I went to prom with someone similar to Misha, but less obnoxious, more thoughtful, and without an annoying laugh and a large chest.

So Misha without the obnoxiousness, un-thoughtfulness, WAHAHAHAHA, smaller chest, and pink hair...
So she had red drills, was a translator for a deaf girl, and a lesbian?
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!
Breaker deGodot

Post by Breaker deGodot »

SemisoftCheese wrote:She carried around this dog embroidered purse, and inside of it were pictures of the suicide of a metalhead--Per Ohlin.
Um... just out of curiosity, are you familiar with how that guy died? I'd be pretty weirded out if I met someone that kept a picture of that sick fuck in their wallet.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Breaker deGodot wrote:
SemisoftCheese wrote:She carried around this dog embroidered purse, and inside of it were pictures of the suicide of a metalhead--Per Ohlin.
Um... just out of curiosity, are you familiar with how that guy died? I'd be pretty weirded out if I met someone that kept a picture of that sick fuck in their wallet.
He just said how he died...But no. He has no idea, clearly. :roll: Some people...

What about suicide makes one a sick fuck?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Breaker deGodot

Post by Breaker deGodot »

Xanatos wrote:
Breaker deGodot wrote:
He just said how he died...But no. He has no idea, clearly. :roll: Some people...

What about suicide makes one a sick fuck?
It's not the fact that he killed himself. It's the way he lived. Tvtropes has a great article about the band he was a member of here

For example: "...The band found a replacement in the Swedish Per Yngve Ohlin, nicknamed "Dead" (previously of obscure cult-act "Morbid"), for his love of, surprise, surprise, death: he would wear clothes people had been buried in months before, cut himself on stage (one point he cut himself so much on stage he had to be sent to the hospital in bad need of a transfusion), and kept a dead crow in a jar because he liked "the stench of death". Despite these amusing quirks, for some reason everyone who met him had ill feelings about him and always said that he looked like he hated being alive. These folks would ultimately be proven correct when one day, Euronymous entered the house that Dead was staying in and found him, appropriately enough, dead, a bullet wound in his head and his wrists cut open (Dead just wanted to be sure)."
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
Sonofthewinds

Post by Sonofthewinds »

I have actually. We weren't dating, we were together.
My ex , the only girl I have ever been with was just like Rin.
Weird, into art and would often say strange things.She was never over the top though, she was calm, just like Rin.
Why do you spread love uneven, this is not what I believe in.
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

I have dated someone...
Actually, she's my girlfriend.. :lol:
kinda like Emi, cheerful, a bit annoying though..
and, no.. she didn't lose any legs :P
Can you face your fears?
DeoxFeels

Post by DeoxFeels »

Kindaaa...

My current girlfriend is incredibly shy, most because of her past. Tho she's better now, but have a major issue making friends and talking to strangers in person. Back in the days, we had slow progress, as she was afraid of guys. :P It's okay imo, she got an awesome personality, artist and gamer. She wants to be an author, as she loves reading, particularly children books so that she can combine writing and drawing. ^^
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

TehLandshark wrote:
HarvestmanMan wrote:I went to prom with someone similar to Misha, but less obnoxious, more thoughtful, and without an annoying laugh and a large chest.

So Misha without the obnoxiousness, un-thoughtfulness, WAHAHAHAHA, smaller chest, and pink hair...
So she had red drills, was a translator for a deaf girl, and a lesbian?
...actually, she wasn't.

She is scatterbrained and has some meat on her bones, though.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Hmmm no but I'm not gonna bitch and moan about how I'll never meet anyone like in the game, instead I'm gonna bitch and moan about not getting to meet anyone at all.
inthewind

Post by inthewind »

Hi, I'm new here. I came to these forums because I wanted to vent, to let out some thoughts and emotions that my friends, who haven't (and in many cases probably won't) played this game, will not relate to in a meaningful way. I imagine the same is true of many of you.

The first route I found was also the one that, at the end of the day, took up residence in my skull and made itself at home. At first, I assumed it was just a Real-Life Example of First Girl Wins, but in those moments where you happen to lean back at just the proper angle to see the wider picture, as it were, it clicked. Epiphany can come in many forms, several of which are quite subtle and lovely. This one was more akin to a thrown brick.

Shizune is, for lack of more flowery and descriptive prose, a caricature of my first love. Notably, with lessened negative qualities or some absent completely.

(Relative anonymity on these boards is suddenly more important than I thought it would be. Go figure.)

My first real long-term relationship was with a girl that we'll call El for purposes of conversation to avoid overuse of pronouns. El was, seen from the outside looking in, a total hardass and very goal/target-oriented individual that was also not akin to taking no for an answer without exhausting every other potential avenue. She was attractive but had an intimidating presence, and an analytical stare with a spectrum that ran between 'owlish' to 'you're just prey.' We met through a fortuitous accident, through a large-scale competitive team event (naturally) at which she was alternately frustrated at losing to incredibly thankful for competent assistance. The difference between the two rounds was, among other things, me. (Hyper-competitive? Triple check. She actually refused to play boardgames with me, though, so no Australia analogies here.) Much like Hisao, I ended up gravitationally drawn in to her orbit. At the time, I seemed like the kind of person that could stand on my own and challenge her right back without losing any ground; this was completely not the case at all. I was a closet basket-case of motivational issues and indifference, but had the devil-may-care demeanour and projected confidence down to a science. As my analytical mind was terrible at working on anything even close to my personal space, I didn't realize that about her attraction, and we started a relationship that was, at its core, built on a foundation of misconceptions. I'll spare you many of the grisly details; there was fault on both sides for many reasons. More comparisons between the two include the realization of just how subtly (and sometimes directly) manipulative she was, and how frequently, and a communications barrier that was more emotional than physical, but still existed. We were both young and dumb, in short, and it ended poorly. At the time, I was devastated, but as time went on I more fully understood (and, more importantly, accepted) that it was far, far better this way for both of us, and that I had ended up growing more into the person that I wanted to be through the process.

When I realized that Shizune was, essentially, a very rose-tinted-filtered El, I closed my computer for the night and went out for a walk. It was all there, even down to the companionable silences with only facial expressions here and there to colour a moment. It even ended (for the last time) much like the bad ending did; I feel pretty certain that I said something along the lines of the 'another selfish decision' dialogue because it was accurate.

My heart was in my throat for a solid day after that, before it eventually settled into a strange form of closure. I don't know how to describe it, because I don't understand it completely, myself, but... I'm glad it happened.

I feel like I needed to express this to someone who'd understand the game parts of it, which is why it's here. I needed to connect with another human being for a moment about something that moved me.

(Oh, and to make matters even more interesting, I actually do have a subtle arrhythmia. Mine is only at annoyance level with hyper-awareness and palpitations, my father's is only slightly worse than that, and my mother's has caused her some difficulties, but only a handful of times her whole life and never so drastically so as seen in the game. Who knew!)

So, yeah. That was a lot more than I intended to write on the subject.
Popo

Post by Popo »

inthewind wrote:post
I figured I should respond to this post here, rather than elsewhere. Not that there's much I can say aside from your own observations, but your attitude of moving toward acceptance, healing, and growth is a wise one. The healing process is a painful one, akin to one's eyes being burned by the sun after spending years in a dark cave, but it's necessary for the self, and those around you. We even influence society to some extent, as insignificant as we might seem, so personal growth is good for everyone and not just the individual, on some level. So, too, should you seek to learn and benefit from the totality of your experiences. It's also important to know yourself, especially if you seek or get into a relationship. Trust in yourself that you can accomplish these things.
Every day is a miracle.