Have you dated someone like any KS character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

muliebrity

Have you dated someone like any KS character?

Post by muliebrity »

And, if so, did that make that character more or less interesting to you?

I ask because I was trying to figure out which route I liked most in KS, and in wondering why I didn't like Hanako as much as so many seem to, I realized it's because I've dated a Hanako before. I ended up breaking up with her, as her self-loathing was dragging her down, I couldn't help her, and our relationship was just making both of us feel worse at that point because I wasn't happy either and had to pussyfoot around her emotions when she was at her most fragile. It almost made me feel guilty playing through Hanako's route (we're still friends, though, and I still support her and she's getting better, I'm not a monster).

Anyway, anyone feel that sort of thing while reading KS?
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Umber

Re: Have you dated someone like any KS character?

Post by Umber »

Huh, dated? No, I can't say that I have. Only dated one person, and the only thing that one person had was the social awkwardness of Hisao.

And the love of tea like Lilly's.

I've been called Rin a couple times on these forums, though.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dated? If only. The most I've had is a friendly, non-romantic hug. :lol: But I've seen others date Emi before. It rarely ends well for them because they were pushy douchebags (Hisaos, if you will) about it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
win746

Post by win746 »

Dated? I wish. I found a Shizune before, but didn't end up anywhere but friends, maybe because I didn't think much of it, and also my beta skills are off the charts.

Funny thing, she was one of the first people who welcomed me into the school, hanged out with her yeah, but hardly ever met up anywhere else except school. While playing through KS, it all struck me. Probably wouldn't have seen this if I didn't play KS. Wished I played KS sooner.

Anyway, I think she was a lesbian though.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

my ex girlfriend was a lot like Hanako

i saw the bad ending.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

win746 wrote:Anyway, I think she was a lesbian though.
Welp. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

I dated a lilly once. best experience of my life.

retoast from the broken heart club. i keep on retoasting this, but it seems pertinent to this thread.

the worst thing was, i played katawa shoujo two months after we stopped really seeing each other. tears, son.
I guess this place is as good to spill my story as any.

I met her over this past summer. It was a classic--I was on a cruise of the mediterranean with my family, and while my parents spent the nights attending shows on the ship, I was free to roam around with my cousins.

I met her by chance at a ping pong table. She was playing with my cousin, who isn't good at ping pong, and I asked to cut in and play, because she looked half decent at the game. We finished the game and then we just sat and I realized what I was sitting next to.

Her name was Nina, from Russia, and she was everything I ever wanted in a girl. She was a 10/10 for looks (I mean it--long red hair, tall, skinny, facial features of a goddess), classy, elegant, spoke english in a terribly attractive accent, and enjoyed art. She was always drawing--a stray lick of hair would fall into her eyes and she would bat it away, in her own world of pencils and ink. A renaissance girl with a modern kick.

I spent 10 nights chasing after her. One night, she and I were alone and just spoke and played cards until 2 AM. Just two spirits wasting time.

But she always shied away. She carried around this dog embroidered purse, and inside of it were pictures of the suicide of a metalhead--Per Ohlin. Not like sewn in or anything--just folded computer printouts. And with it were normal things--cosmetics, lipstick, anything a girl would carry. She was normal in every single way, except for that. She loved card games, and would play until the end of the sun. Or chess-every Russian plays chess, and she wasn't half bad.

And she was ok with personal questions, like who her teachers were or who her friends were, but was gun-shy about anything serious. She would back away from questions about the future, or the past, or anything that could possibly bring up something rocky. Almost like an Emi. I can't really ascertain if she was an orphan, or adopted, but she certainly wasn't hurting for money.

So 10 days passed, arguably the best 10 days of my life. I saw her every evening--some days she dressed up in the latest fashions (Gucci was a favorite), and I felt like a million dollars with her on my arm, dressed in evening finery with the prettiest girl in the world.

But 10 days passed, and I had to return to life in New York. So I flew back over, and as I watched the sun filter over my window, crossing the atlantic, wondering where the time had went. She lived in Moscow, and I lived in New York. A relationship was out of the question.

So we talk every now and then, about innocent stuff like the Russian language or the latest news. She's living her life over there, and as I see it, there's no way for me to go over there or for her to come over here. Maybe someday she'll come over, but it'll be a friends thing.

I'm young. There are many fish in the sea. But I'll never forget my ten days in the deep blue sea of the Mediterranean, staring at the waves break on the dark Italian coast.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

My last girlfriend was a lot like Hanako personality wise. I met her in the ninth grade, and she barely said a word for an entire year. Whenever I'd try and talk with her, she'd get all uncomfortable and her eyes would dart left and right. It wasn't until a year later that she started opening up to me. She tried very hard to tell me that she liked me, but she failed at convincing me for a while.

We become pretty close friends, and I realized that she was one of the nicest, sweetest girls I've ever met, so I confessed my feelings to her to save her the troubles of doing it herself.

We broke up in December for no reason other than I didn't feel ready for a relationship at that moment, but I try and stay friends with her.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

What is this "dating" concept you speak of?
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Selim Bradley wrote:What is this "dating" concept you speak of?
Oh, it's just when you spend time with a significant other. SEX
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Anal.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Anal.
Lemon-Flavored Lube
Shadowstalk

Post by Shadowstalk »

I don't think I've dated anyone like a KS character. I don't know, I don't date many girls, I tend to focus on schoolwork. I think one of my biggest flaws is that I judge people too quickly and I avoid social interactions.

I can imagine that if I dated someone like a KS character, it would definitely change my view of that character.
Here's my Twitter
Hardrockman911: I'm sorry. I know I'm not pretty, like Lilly.
Shadowstalk931: It's okay. Nobody's pretty like Lilly
Hardrockman911: ....
Hardrockman911: I hate being friends with you. I hope you know that.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Umber wrote:dated?
Xanatos wrote:Dated?
win746 wrote:Dated?
...Can we pretend I said "Had a close, personal relationship with"?
Umber wrote:I've been called Rin a couple times on these forums, though.
Why?
Xanatos wrote:But I've seen others date Emi before. It rarely ends well for them because they were pushy douchebags (Hisaos, if you will) about it.
I've dated a mix between Emi and Shizune. Got dumped, man.
win746 wrote:I found a Shizune before, but didn't end up anywhere but friends, maybe because I didn't think much of it, and also my beta skills are off the charts.
I find it really hard to act "alpha" unless something clicks immediately and I know I'm getting along with a lady. It's not always necessary, though, I found that being open to the possibility that there are women who fancy you makes it a lot easier to realize when you're being flirted with (nearly impossible if you're convinced that would never happen).
Funny thing, she was one of the first people who welcomed me into the school, hanged out with her yeah, but hardly ever met up anywhere else except school. While playing through KS, it all struck me. Probably wouldn't have seen this if I didn't play KS. Wished I played KS sooner.
See, that's what I'm talkin' about, it's more likely that you're closing your mind to the possibility of further developments without realizing it. I'm sorry if I'm projecting, by the way, but I know the feeling, at least.
Anyway, I think she was a lesbian though.
...Misha called, she wants to trade Shizunes.
HLGU wrote:my ex girlfriend was a lot like Hanako

i saw the bad ending.
I've only seen the Kenji bad ending... Given Hanako's perosnality, I'm afraid to ask.
SemisoftCheese wrote:I dated a lilly once. best experience of my life.

retoast from the broken heart club. i keep on retoasting this, but it seems pertinent to this thread.

the worst thing was, i played katawa shoujo two months after we stopped really seeing each other. tears, son.
Man, the wrong context can make all the difference. It's good that you're thinking about it in a healthy way, but that had to suck. Did you like Lily as a character? Like, did you enjoy the route or was it a bit too much?

@KeiichiO
I know the feeling. Did playing KS revive any feelings from that time?
KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:Oh, it's just when you spend time with a significant other. SEX
Anal.
Lemon-Flavored Lube
I love this place already.
Shadowstalk wrote:I don't think I've dated anyone like a KS character. I don't know, I don't date many girls, I tend to focus on schoolwork. I think one of my biggest flaws is that I judge people too quickly and I avoid social interactions.
Personally, I can relate. I spend almost all of my time alone, and my several attempts to come out of my shell have just taught me that I just like being alone. Nothing wrong with that! Sometimes, though, you meet people anyway.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Umber

Post by Umber »

That was ridiculously attentive, Mulie. But a nice post nevertheless, hehe.
muliebrity wrote:
Umber wrote:I've been called Rin a couple times on these forums, though.
Why?
You'd have to ask them that yourself. All I'm aware of is that, occasionally, my mouth spits out Rin-esque phrases. SpecimenSix's signature, take a look.

So if anyone's looking for a Rin to cuddle/bed/date/something-romantic/etc, I think I'm available.

Sgt. Spice.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.