Have you dated someone like any KS character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

muliebrity

Re: Have you dated someone like any KS character?

Post by muliebrity »

SpecimenSix wrote:But what if you're narcissistic and the thought of dating yourself turns you on?
Then your name is Jigoro.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Umber

Post by Umber »

muliebrity wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:But what if you're narcissistic and the thought of dating yourself turns you on?
Oh, he got'chu. But that could open up to the possibility that Jigoro is asexual, and...Well, Hideaki and Shizune are self-explanatory. Meh.

I've had a friend date a Jigoro once. Worst relationship pairing I'd ever seen in my life, but they lasted a surprisingly long while. Must be the katanas.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote:
muliebrity wrote:
Oh, he got'chu. But that could open up to the possibility that Jigoro is asexual, and...Well, Hideaki and Shizune are self-explanatory. Meh.

I've had a friend date a Jigoro once. Worst relationship pairing I'd ever seen in my life, but they lasted a surprisingly long while. Must be the katanas.
Ladies love the Jigoro. And now that you mention it, I can almost imagine he has his women wear a mask with his face on it when they have sex. That wouldn't surprise me at all. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Umber wrote:Oh, he got'chu. But that could open up to the possibility that Jigoro is asexual, and...Well, Hideaki and Shizune are self-explanatory. Meh.
It's so perfect that it must be true.
SpecimenSix wrote:Ladies love the Jigoro. And now that you mention it, I can almost imagine he has his women wear a mask with his face on it when they have sex. That wouldn't surprise me at all. :lol:
That's a horrible mental image. I wanna draw it.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
Warwise

Post by Warwise »

mysterycycle wrote:
Warwise wrote:I think we have met so many Emi´s out there because most of us are introverted shy people who dont really have a lot to say most of the time. So these girls are always talking and asking us to do stuff and we usually go with them.
This sounds fairly likely.

My wife is also an introvert. When we first got to know each other, it was online, so we communicated only in text. When we met in real life, getting her to talk was like pulling teeth. It's just a lot easier to get on with extroverts, at least at first, and easier to get to know them.

The problem, at least for me, was getting the extroverted girls to understand that I needed to have time alone and sometimes just didn't want to talk. One of the blessings of being married to an introvert is that she already understands that and has that need herself, so it could be that we get along much better in day-to-day life than my Emi and I might have done.
Indeed man.

It is hard when you are both tired and want to relax, but one of them wants to spend time isolated from everything and chiling out while the other wants to relax by going out and going to parties.

Been there, done that. Someone has to give if you want to spend time together.

Nonetheless, dating a girl who is very similar to you is extremely boring and you end up doing the same stuff you do everyday, but with company. At least with someone diferent you get to try diferent stuff and learn.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Warwise wrote:you end up doing the same stuff you do everyday, but with company. At least with someone diferent you get to try diferent stuff and learn.
Ideally, you can do both...An exact clone and an exact opposite are equally awful.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Katie

Post by Katie »

mysterycycle wrote:
Warwise wrote:I think we have met so many Emi´s out there because most of us are introverted shy people who dont really have a lot to say most of the time. So these girls are always talking and asking us to do stuff and we usually go with them.

My wife is also an introvert. When we first got to know each other, it was online, so we communicated only in text. When we met in real life, getting her to talk was like pulling teeth. It's just a lot easier to get on with extroverts, at least at first, and easier to get to know them.

The problem, at least for me, was getting the extroverted girls to understand that I needed to have time alone and sometimes just didn't want to talk. One of the blessings of being married to an introvert is that she already understands that and has that need herself, so it could be that we get along much better in day-to-day life than my Emi and I might have done.
You're married, but you still pine away after that Nordic girl... does that mean you love her more than your wife?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Katie wrote:
mysterycycle wrote:

You're married, but you still pine away after that Nordic girl... does that mean you love her more than your wife?
You just answered that yourself: You're married...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Katie

Post by Katie »

Xanatos wrote:You just answered that yourself: You're married...
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Katie wrote:You're married, but you still pine away after that Nordic girl... does that mean you love her more than your wife?
I was actually wondering how long it would be before someone asked me that.

It's...complicated. I love my wife, she's wonderful to me and complements me in a lot of ways, and I would never leave her...but I never got over "Nordic Emi." For a time, I thought I had. My wife had a few similarities with her, and I think that went some distance toward convincing me that I had moved on. I learned otherwise the next time I saw NordicGirl in person (she hadn't been at my wedding, a fact which disappointed me at the time but for which I'm now grateful).

But here's an ugly truth. I met and fell in love with my wife almost entirely through text; I didn't see a decent photograph of her for quite a while, and when I met her in person she was not entirely what I was expecting physically. Not that she ever deceived me or anything like that, but she had been shy about posting pics of herself because she was kind of guarded about meeting a guy online. For a long while I fretted about the role that appearance and physicality play in a romantic relationship, especially in a marriage. To be brief and blunt, she was not what I was looking for physically. Not that I'm a prize specimen of manhood, but I worried about my lack of physical attraction to her. Ultimately, after talking to my father about the issue and giving it a lot of thought, I decided that it wasn't as important as the fact that I loved her.

I don't regret marrying her; I think it was the wise thing to do, I care about her deeply, and our life together is a good one, even though our financial circumstances are pretty poor right now. But there are times (especially when we have a fight, or when I'm feeling particularly self-pitying) when I wonder if it would have been better for us both to have waited until lightning struck again, in person, face-to-face with someone else, as it had with NordicGirl. I think now that I erroneously downplayed the importance of physical chemistry and attraction in a marriage; I don't think it's of the utmost importance, but I've come to the conclusion that it is important. No marriage is without difficulties, and it's always going to take work in some area to make it last, so this is my challenge. I love my wife, and I'm sticking by her.

But the heart wants what the heart wants. Every time I see a new photo of NordicGirl on Facebook, or hear her voice, it feels like a knife in my heart. I'm reminded of every reason why I fell in love with her in the first place, and throws me into a depression that lasts for at least a week. Most of the time I avoid her, which is fairly easy because she lives out of state, but we're still friends. I've done everything I can possibly think of to "get over her", but nothing works. I can't alter how I feel. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever known, and I'm insanely jealous of her husband, who to my eyes, has the life I always wanted. But even if she were to suddenly fall in love with me, there would be no way for us to be together without hurting a whole lot of people. And she's the sort of person who would stick by her husband even if her feelings toward me were to change (many of the reasons I fell in love with her in the first place were related to her integrity and her faith). As it was, for a long time it just felt like my entire life had gone wrong and I had made too many poor choices in the things I did have control over. This is a big part of why I went to see a psychiatrist. The despair my longing for NordicGirl was causing me, combined with a couple of other issues, was making me contemplate suicide, so I thought I had better do something to try and fix me.

It was at this time, in fact, that I discovered Katawa Shoujo. To say the least, playing it helped me a lot.

Sorry, that was probably a hell of a lot more information than you were asking for.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
TehLandshark

Post by TehLandshark »

I'm talking about personality, not disabilities here (except Rin's Aspergers).
I know lots of girls like Shizune and Misha, probably part of the reason why I never wanted to date them (Between chair rape and having to meet a dad like Shizune's). Also, they are mostly way out of my league.
I would give anything for a girl like Lilly. Sadly, I know none that exist.
I know some girls who try too hard to be a 12 year old like Emi does, but none that have psychological issues similar to her.
I know a few people with Aspergers, some of which are similar to and some of which are nothing like Rin. No girls, though, and even if any were I most likely wouldn't view any as a potential mate :P.
I knew some girls like Hanako at my old school. They are all pretty nice if you know them, but they are fairly anti-social. If I didn't fear for my reputation I may have tried to start a relationship when I knew them.

I've had one serious relationship ever, and I was definitely the Hanako (shy/insecure), whereas she was most like a Misha (personality/insanity) with a height below Emi's (comes from a family with dwarfism).
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!
TehLandshark

Post by TehLandshark »

win746 wrote:Anyway, I think she was a lesbian though.
Well that escalated quickly.
Richter Bromont wrote:
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

mysterycycle wrote:snip
That's a story of a kind I've heard before. I know a recently married couple with similar issues: the husband has confided in me that he doesn't find his wife terribly attractive. I don't get the impression that your fixation on NordicGirl could possibly have much to do with her, at this point, it sounds like you don't want what you have. It sounds really unpleasant, but I understand your reasoning. The wife in this couple I know isn't a knockout, no, but she is an incredible person. She's able to make friends effortlessly, she does volunteer work like crazy, she's incredibly intelligent and she's even a trained opera singer. Everyone who knows her loves her, including me and yes, her husband. Is that enough to hold a marriage together? I'm not sure, but I wish you luck.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
TehLandshark

Post by TehLandshark »

muliebrity wrote: Sort of On Topic: Has anyone ever met a Kenji? My friend pretty much is Kenji.
The closest I have to a Kenji looks like a hunchback rather than Harry Potter and thinks the same things about the world, only replace Feminist with Liberal. Let's put it this way: Hitler has a 50% chance of going to Hell because he was baptized, but Ghandi is just going straight to Hell no questions asked.
Richter Bromont wrote:
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

mysterycycle wrote: It was at this time, in fact, that I discovered Katawa Shoujo. To say the least, playing it helped me a lot.
normally I have some sort of advice or tidbit to offer... but that sort of hit me straight to the heart. it's the worst kind of feeling, looking at what you can never touch. i guess all i can say is that life takes some twists and turns.

for what it's worth, i've got your back, mysterycycle.