Which girl do you think will age the best?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Well?

Hanako
15%
Rin
6%
Emi
41%
Shizune
9%
Lilly
23%
Misha
6%

Total votes: 176

Umber

Re: Which girl do you think will age the best?

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:^ What injuries? What arthritis?
I think he's saying, "Since Emi won't be very active in her later years, the possibility of arthritis would just ruin her. Her, and her exercise routine. Which will, in turn, kill her figure/image/etc."

Or something like that. Something about arthritis and pain.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Quazzy

Post by Quazzy »

Zailen wrote:Everyone keeps saying Emi. But does everyone honestly expect her to stay JUST as actice as she is now in the same way? With injuries like the ones she has, its safe to say that she will be feeling that when shes much older. Arthritus is a bitch. Trust me. I'm 22, and I have it in my knees and hips. Some days, you just dont even wanna roll out of bed. For her? I bet it would be much much worse. I'm not saying she wont look good. Quite the contrary! I'm just saying that shes definately going to age through that kind of trauma. *nod nod*
I just skimmed this article that I totally did not find through google and apparently running does not directly lead to arthritis or joint pains or any of that stuff. According to another google result, if she's got the Arthritis gene then running could make it worse, but the act of running itself will not instigate Arthritis.
Last edited by Quazzy on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
Xanatos wrote:^ What injuries? What arthritis?
I think he's saying, "Since Emi won't be very active in her later years, the possibility of arthritis would just ruin her. Her, and her exercise routine. Which will, in turn, kill her figure/image/etc."

Or something like that. Something about arthritis and pain.
That's assuming (completely against evidence) that she won't be active in later years...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Emi lost her legs in a violent way. And then had surgery afterwards. Im no expert, but I bet that did a number on whats left her her knee joints. She may not have it now, but with ten years? You don't believe she might develop some pain in that area?

Yeah, it has nothing to do with her running routine at all. it has everything to do with a condition that many people get from old injuries. Alot of atheletes develop it when they get hurt. Emi -kind of- got really hurt before she went to yamaku.

Plus. we all know she isn't very great at proactive medical care on herself. We all saw that in her route. Whats to say that she will properly treat that either? I'm not saying she HAS it, or WILL get it. Im saying that due to the nature of why she even IS in Yamaku in the first place, increases her chances of getting the issue significantly. And if thats the case, it could lower the amount of excersize she gets in the later years. (Depending on the severity, and treatment she recieves.)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Career path for Emi: Degree in sports medicine.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Xanatos wrote:Emi. Just look at her mother.
My exact thoughts when I saw the thread title.

As for the opposite, I might be concerned for Misha, but how heavy do Japanese girls get? And she's so cute she'd probably just look voluptuously sexy anyway.

Shizune is going to make an awesome old woman.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Ultima01

Post by Ultima01 »

Definitely Emi. She looks like a freaking 14-year-old would, and she's, what, 17? 18? 19?

Runner-up would be Hanako or Rin. Not sure which yet.

Still have to love Lilly the best. Dat beautiful personality.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Ultima01 wrote: Still have to love Lilly the best. Dat beautiful personality.
Yep. Even if she doesn't physically age gracefully, she's so refined and classy you probably wouldn't really take much notice of it.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Umber

Post by Umber »

mysterycycle wrote:
Ultima01 wrote: Still have to love Lilly the best. Dat beautiful personality.
Yep. Even if she doesn't physically age gracefully, she's so refined and classy you probably wouldn't really take much notice of it.
Miki would probably age well. Personality-wise, I have no idea.

And I think Natsume wouldn't change at all. She'd just get...a little taller.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
neio

Post by neio »

Zailen wrote:Emi lost her legs in a violent way. And then had surgery afterwards. Im no expert, but I bet that did a number on whats left her her knee joints. She may not have it now, but with ten years? You don't believe she might develop some pain in that area?

Yeah, it has nothing to do with her running routine at all. it has everything to do with a condition that many people get from old injuries. Alot of atheletes develop it when they get hurt. Emi -kind of- got really hurt before she went to yamaku.

Plus. we all know she isn't very great at proactive medical care on herself. We all saw that in her route. Whats to say that she will properly treat that either? I'm not saying she HAS it, or WILL get it. Im saying that due to the nature of why she even IS in Yamaku in the first place, increases her chances of getting the issue significantly. And if thats the case, it could lower the amount of excersize she gets in the later years. (Depending on the severity, and treatment she recieves.)
Meiko doesn't run, but she still ages very well. Seriously, look.
Attachments
The mother of a 19yo
The mother of a 19yo
meiko_smile.png (153.26 KiB) Viewed 4597 times
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

I don't think the average 80 year old of 2068-2069 can be equated with the average 80 year old of 2013. The medical world is going to change a lot in the next half century, to the point where I would imagine Yamaku Academy changing to a normal school by the 2070s because most disabilities can be cured.

Ignoring medical progress, though, for some reason I imagine Shizune going downhill fairly early. I could picture her being pretty hefty and overweight by the end of her 30s or 40s, the kind of person that teenagers might think "Wow, I can't believe Hakamachi-sensei was so cute when she was a teenager, looking at her now" whenever they see photos of her Yamaku Academy days. Hanako I picture aging gracefully; I imagine that she'll be a total MILF in her 30s and 40s assuming that she and Hisao have kids, and think she'll retain much of her beauty until she reaches the kind of advanced age where pretty much everyone is equalized as just a wrinkly prune (ie late 80s-early 90s). Lilly I picture as remaining prettier longer than Shizune, but becoming haggard in her 50s or 60s. Emi, I agree with everyone else that her baby-faced nature will keep her looking young for quite some time; I don't agree with those who thinks she looks like an outright child, but she could certainly pass for 15 or 16 rather than her actual 19. Rin and Misha I'm unsure about.

I pretty much pulled all of the above out of my ass, mind; for all I know, Hanako will be toothless and gremlin-faced by the time she's 30 and Shizune will consistently win beauty pageants for senior citizens. These are just guesses based on what my intuition tells me.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

The OP question is one which Lily's and Shizune's grandkids will be fighting over.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:The OP question is one which Lily's and Shizune's grandkids will be fighting over.
D'aww. :lol: I hope so, that'd be adorable.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

(using contact and letter spelling, like Helen Keller and Ann Sullivan)

Lily: [Shizune, the kids are talking about which of us is the better looking grandmother.]
Shizune: [Let the young ones argue over it. We're too old for that.]

neio

Post by neio »

YZQ wrote:(using contact and letter spelling, like Helen Keller and Ann Sullivan)

Lily: [Shizune, the kids are talking about which of us is the better looking grandmother.]
Shizune: [That shouldn't take too long; the answer is obvious.]
*Cue battle scene from Act 1*
FTFY :D
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.