A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: The death of Misha... *MASSIVE SPOILERS*

Post by Xanatos »

simmr001 wrote:it is just Hanako's hisao that does this too me
Why?

And you thought Emi's father was in jail...*slaps via wi-fi* :lol:

Have I welcomed you with chocolate yet?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
Why?

Slappin', The Spine style. Nice.

I found Hisao to be an insufferable bore for the majority of my playthrough, though, I lightened up to him after a while. I think that his faults make him much more lively and realistic, even if I initially thought him as a robot lacking artificial intelligence. Meh, I think a lot of people are like that, so it isn't so strange.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Hanako's route was probably the route that had Hisao remain the closest to the way he was in Act 1 and the prologue. A confused and slightly bitter teenager who is still in the process of sorting out his life and who ends up fleeing from his anxieties by overfocussing on someone else's. Of course, it's kind of logical...in Shizune's Arc Hisao has an entire school year to grow while Hanako's arc ends after 6 weeks.

Xanatos, as rough as his reply was, was correct. Hanako was the one who initiated their little tryst, yet Hisao often gets the larger share of the blame. To quote myself from another thread; many people who were drawn to Hanako came in with certain and very specific expectations about how a shy and fragile character like her should be handled. The expectations usually connected to such a character are along the lines of: handle the character with silk gloves, don't do anything that could possibly hurt her, hold her, hug her, comfort her, tell her everything will be alright and that her pains are behind her now and then make tender, romantic and heavenly love to her so she can forget about the painful past and find blissful solace in the player's arms. That didn't happen. There wasn't even a second H-scene involving heavenly Hollywood sex afterwards to compensate for that trainwreck of a first time, so players who expected KS to play by the established VN rules felt cheated. Despite the fact that first times are often awkward, painful, messy and yes...sometimes too early. But that's a problem on behalf of those players. Just because players don't get to see a second sexual encounter between the two doesn't mean there won't be any.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:I'm not sure initially whether she intended to initiate anything.

...she wants desperately to have a normal life...the worst thing that could happen is for her to end up as a boring housewife.
That's exactly what she intended.

And how is that the worst thing? "Housewife" fits the bill for a normal life in many cases. Where in her route does she hint at hating the idea of being a housewife?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

pandaphil wrote:I'm not sure initially whether she intended to initiate anything.

...she wants desperately to have a normal life...the worst thing that could happen is for her to end up as a boring housewife.
Being a boring housewife would be a huge step up from the majority of her life.

"Boring Housewife" means that she's normal and that somebody cared enough about her to marry her. It also means that she'd actually have a home.

Hell, through most of the past three years she's just being aiming for not being treated like a subhuman.
Not Dead Yet
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I'm not sure initially whether she intended to initiate anything.
Hanako's problem was that Hisao tossed her into the friend zone after he witnessed her panic attack despite her desperately wanting him to see her as something more than a friend. She felt that time was running out...Hisao was already drifting away from her, probably getting bored with her, maybe getting more interested in Miki, Yuuko, random waitresses or even Lilly when she came back. Soooo, she...stripped naked for the object of her affections for completely platonic purposes and didn't mean anything by it and certainly didn't want Hisao to get any strange ideas. Yeah sure.

If you're in someone's friend zone and desperate to get out of it, then stripping for that person is NEVER platonic.

If you're going to suggest that Hanako didn't necessarily mean to initiate going all the way then I can actually buy that...I don't think she had a specific course of action in mind. But she certainly wanted to initiate SOMETHING...ANYTHING that was a step up from that infuriating platonic status quo that she felt was creating more and more distance between them. It could have been a hug, or some fondling, or a dry humping session a la Emi...it ended up being sex. She still preferred that over being Hisao's fragile little kiddie sister.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Conjuration skill increased! :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, I think it's a combination of both. Like Guest Poster said, Hanako felt Hisao slipping away so she felt she had to do something to stop that from happening, so she went with doing what she's never done for anyone else: showing the full extent of her scarring, thus showing how much she trusts Hisao. After that, some of their romantic feelings for each other burst through unexpectantly and we got the romance scene.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

On a more serious note, I think it's a combination of both. Like Guest Poster said, Hanako felt Hisao slipping away so she felt she had to do something to stop that from happening, so she went with doing what she's never done for anyone else: showing the full extent of her scarring, thus showing how much she trusts Hisao. After that, some of their romantic feelings for each other burst through unexpectantly and we got the romance scene.
Wait. let me see if I'm on the same page as you all.

Okay. Hanako said she thought Hisao was getting tired of her and wanted somebody he could have "that type of relationship with" (meaning "sex" for those of you that are really horrible at reading between the lines.

Sooooo, in order to prove to him that she could be that type of person (and to "win Hisao back"), she strips naked for him and ... does not intend to have sex with him at all. :?

Does that about cover it? Am I missing the part where that somehow makes sense?
Not Dead Yet
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Oddball wrote:
Wait. let me see if I'm on the same page as you all.

Okay. Hanako said she thought Hisao was getting tired of her and wanted somebody he could have "that type of relationship with" (meaning "sex" for those of you that are really horrible at reading between the lines.

Sooooo, in order to prove to him that she could be that type of person (and to "win Hisao back"), she strips naked for him and ... does not intend to have sex with him at all. :?

Does that about cover it? Am I missing the part where that somehow makes sense?
She has to strip naked to show the full extent of her scars. You have no idea how hard that is for someone to do that. She is showing that she trusts him completely. If she didn't, she'd never even think of doing that.

And like I said, both wanted to be lovers eventually, but it just happened sooner than expected.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Xanatos wrote:
Why?

Ow <rubs head> one moment they talk about an accident, then they mention him not being around, then they talk about visiting him. My first reaction wasn't cemetery, it was penitentiary. I thought her crying was her remembering him being taken away.

It's not because of the silk gloves thing, he got worse after the attack (justified, and if it started their it wouldn't be so bad) he had a chip on his shoulder and sense of entitlement that only went with his virginity. After the attack it evolved into a white charger routine but he still had the chip on his shoulder. After the h scene he finally got rid of it. But that may be him having the shortest character development in this route. Also I'm not averse to Hollywood style super sex NOT being present. It's when it makes no sense to me that I get up in arms

Something tells me we don't share the same brands of confectionary.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Selim Bradley wrote:She has to strip naked to show the full extent of her scars. You have no idea how hard that is for someone to do that. She is showing that she trusts him completely. If she didn't, she'd never even think of doing that.

And like I said, both wanted to be lovers eventually, but it just happened sooner than expected.
You know exactly what you're talking about.

Hisao and Hanako's relationship took a drastic change in speed that hit them so much power and emotion in that single moment. It probably wasn't the best way to start a relationship, but everything was settled in the end. No harm done. Peace and love found their way.
sennit

Post by sennit »

Selim Bradley wrote: And like I said, both wanted to be lovers eventually, but it just happened sooner than expected.
And in the end it all worked out for the best. Everybody won.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Gotta say guys I'm a little less conflicted than I was and thank you.

I've now watched this ending 10 times now, trying to understand it. You guys make more sense at this point

For reference lilly 1 shizune 4 (God the romance was subtle) emi 2 (I really thought he was in jail!) Rin 1
thecakewuzalie

Post by thecakewuzalie »

So Can I petition to change the name of this post to something else cuz its a spoiler in of itself....IM NOT READING THIS THREAD AHHHh LALALALALALALA
"The manner in which a warrior deals with defeat is a truer mark of his mettle than his comportment in victory " ~Guilliman
sennit wrote:Yeah it was more of an absurd speculation after the fact. No more.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

thecakewuzalie wrote:So Can I petition to change the name of this post to something else cuz its a spoiler in of itself....IM NOT READING THIS THREAD AHHHh LALALALALALALA
Misha doesn't die.
No spoiler due to the name.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.