"Hustle and Bustle" - Hisao

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Jovereign

Re: "Hustle and Bustle" - Hisao

Post by Jovereign »

pandaphil wrote:I admit I tend to use certain well-worn phrases. But then I admit I tend to be awkward with conversations.
In conversations, I tend to say the word "actually" a lot. In writing, I say "in actuality" a lot. XD
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Jovereign wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I admit I tend to use certain well-worn phrases. But then I admit I tend to be awkward with conversations.
In conversations, I tend to say the word "actually" a lot. In writing, I say "in actuality" a lot. XD
And of course theres the infamous "y'know". :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Jovereign

Post by Jovereign »

pandaphil wrote:
Jovereign wrote:
Don't remind me. -_-

I remember seeing a documentary of this guy (forgot the name of the person and documentary) being interviewed and I swear, the end of every sentence, he says "y'know what I'm saying?".

Just one of my pet peeves. Especially "like, you know, like I was there, like..."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:
Jovereign wrote:
Oh god. I remember on my last research paper I used the term "he" 7 times in 2 sentences. I don't really use the term a lot so when my professor pointed it out it was a major wtf moment. :lol: I'm quite sure there are other terms I do use frequently in my writing and speaking but I can't think of them at the moment.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Verbal tics/habits are common in most people. Guess it depends on the reach of your vocabulary, maybe. Living in California, "like" is the most overheard filler word in existence. It's dieing down a bit, before people go back to saying "Uh...", "So...", and "Ya-know?" for extra thinking time.

A pet peeve of mine is writing a paper and I realize that I should stop using "She/Her...", so I go with "[Name]/[Name's]". Back and forth every couple sentences, and I feel like I'm being uncreative.

I also mentioned this before, but does anyone know where Hisao lived before his heart attack? No major cities come to mind when I think of a snowy area where Iwanako confessed to him. I don't think winter reaches Shibuya Square very much, and it's unlikely Hisao's the type of person to live there...
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Jovereign wrote:I remember seeing a documentary of this guy (forgot the name of the person and documentary) being interviewed and I swear, the end of every sentence, he says "y'know what I'm saying?".
Sounds to me like a rerun of Jerry Springer on 'Southside gangstas and their bitches' day.
Jovereign

Post by Jovereign »

metalangel wrote:
Jovereign wrote:I remember seeing a documentary of this guy (forgot the name of the person and documentary) being interviewed and I swear, the end of every sentence, he says "y'know what I'm saying?".
Sounds to me like a rerun of Jerry Springer on 'Southside gangstas and their bitches' day.
Is that show still running? 0_0
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I also mentioned this before, but does anyone know where Hisao lived before his heart attack? No major cities come to mind when I think of a snowy area where Iwanako confessed to him. I don't think winter reaches Shibuya Square very much, and it's unlikely Hisao's the type of person to live there...
I believe Hisao mentioned at some point it was a city near Tokyo.

That said, I always thought Hisao subconciously copied that tic from Rin. I remember her saying similar stuff at some point.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Jovereign

Post by Jovereign »

Guest Poster wrote:
I believe Hisao mentioned at some point it was a city near Tokyo.

That said, I always thought Hisao subconciously copied that tic from Rin. I remember her saying similar stuff at some point.
I thought Hisao mentioned "Hakkido" or something to Lilly when he first mer her and was asked where he was from?
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Jovereign wrote: I thought Hisao mentioned "Hakkido" or something to Lilly when he first mer her and was asked where he was from?
I think Hakkido is the small town where Lilly's summer house is. I could be wrong though, it's possible Hisao said he lives near there. But if I recall correctly I remember him saying that he hasn't been that far north on the trip up there so I'm not so sure about that.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Jovereign wrote: I thought Hisao mentioned "Hakkido" or something to Lilly when he first mer her and was asked where he was from?
I think Hakkido is the small town where Lilly's summer house is. I could be wrong though, it's possible Hisao said he lives near there. But if I recall correctly I remember him saying that he hasn't been that far north on the trip up there so I'm not so sure about that.

I think you're right.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
neio

Post by neio »

pandaphil wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:

I think you're right.
He is right.

(Yes, I only have 96% completion. Rin's path is just so confusing >_>)
Attachments
The trio begins their holiday in Hokkaido.
The trio begins their holiday in Hokkaido.
Hokkaido.png (364.57 KiB) Viewed 4450 times
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Heh, Hokkaido isn't the name of the town, but the name of the island it's on. Hokkaido's actually the second-largest island in Japan. I'm not sure if the town itself was named.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
neio

Post by neio »

Guest Poster wrote:Heh, Hokkaido isn't the name of the town, but the name of the island it's on. Hokkaido's actually the second-largest island in Japan. I'm not sure if the town itself was named.
Well this is awkward... *checks Wikipedia*... yep. I know literally nothing about Japan.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

neio wrote:literally
Stop using this word. It does not mean what you think it means.

And I'm pretty sure the town itself wasn't named.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."