Can anyone recommend some good let's play?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Therapist

Can anyone recommend some good let's play?

Post by Therapist »

I understand playthroughs/let's plays of this are generally looked down upon, as they don't capture the true feelings of the game. That said, I have always had a thing for watching peoples reactions to things. I have just finished playing Lilly, Hanako and Emi's paths, and would now like to watch others play these routes to see their reactions. If you would not mind, could you please recommend good ones that have insightful commentary, and talk about their emotions? Also, I would love it if they cried, because it just makes me feel better to have someone else share my emotions. Thank you, please be kind, and respond quickly, if you don't mind!

P.S. If anyone can find CS's playthrough without me having to download it, I would be extremely happy!

<3
Therapist

Re: Can anyone recommend some good let's play?

Post by Therapist »

Oh, and if I might add, i'd prefer if the playthrough went the Lilly route, but I will accept ALL videos :D
somenerd

Post by somenerd »

There seems to be plenty of them on youtube, but I found one by AdventuresOfLuna:

I found it when I got the feels this week, and needed some way to vent out. For some reason, more manly tears were my idea of venting out (just made it worse). He cries at Lilly's route, in the wheat field. Not sure about the whole route, I was busy being miserable and happy at the same time to check out all of it.

But yeah, enjoy. I'll actually go for it later, because no one I know would actually read this so this is the closer I'll get to seeing someone else in the same state as me :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Recommendation: None. Reactions will all be exaggerated or fake and nobody wants to watch that shit even if they think they do.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:Recommendation: None. Reactions will all be exaggerated or fake and nobody wants to watch that shit even if they think they do.
Fortunately, Chilled's Chaos Let's play has none of those flaws :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, he took it off the public web and it doesn't seem he will ever put it back.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

somenerd wrote:There seems to be plenty of them on youtube, but I found one by AdventuresOfLuna:

Thanks, I'll have to check this out. Unfortunately most of the guys doing these just don't read very well on air.

I'll ocassionally watch the end of a silent Lets' Play, when I need a case of the Feels.

I wish the guys over at Video Games Awesome! would play it. Their playthrough of The Walking Dead was amazing. Full of lots of emotions.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
somenerd wrote:There seems to be plenty of them on youtube, but I found one by AdventuresOfLuna:

Thanks, I'll have to check this out. Unfortunately most of the guys doing these just don't read very well on air.

I'll ocassionally watch the end of a silent Lets' Play, particularly the end of an arc when I need a case of the Feels.

I wish the guys over at Video Games Awesome! would play it. Their playthrough of The Walking Dead was amazing. Full of lots of emotions.
...If you're talking about the VGA I'm thinking of, that is a TERRIBLE idea. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Gotta give the AdventuresofLuna guy props. He makes a valliant effort to put some real feeling in his readthrough. Even does the voices. Giving Lilly a British accent is an interesting choice.
Xanatos wrote: ...If you're talking about the VGA I'm thinking of, that is a TERRIBLE idea. :lol:

Yeah, but you hate Let's Play's anyway. :p

But yeah, Frasier would hate this kind of game anyway, so wouldn't happen.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Gotta give the AdventuresofLuna guy props. He makes a valliant effort to put some real feeling in his readthrough. Even does the voices. Giving Lilly a British accent is an interesting choice.
Xanatos wrote: ...If you're talking about the VGA I'm thinking of, that is a TERRIBLE idea. :lol:

Yeah, but you hate Let's Play's anyway. :p

But yeah, Frasier would hate this kind of game anyway, so wouldn't happen.
Prove it.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:

Prove it.
Just going by what you said in a previous post.

"
Xanatos wrote:Recommendation: None. Reactions will all be exaggerated or fake and nobody wants to watch that shit even if they think they do.
Anyway, like I said, I like this Adventures of Luna guy. Yeah, there are plenty of mis-pronunciations, and stumbling over words. But he does a great job of putting feels into the words, and doing voices. Hell I cried harder listening to him than I did on my own playthroughs. And y'know, I know its not accurate to the game, but Lilly's even sexier with an English accent. He does lose points for not liking Hanako's route though.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Just going by what you said in a previous post.
Proof failed. You lose.

And Lilly should only ever be voiced as Sean Connery.
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Xanatos wrote:And Lilly should only ever be voiced as Sean Connery.
Nah, Tracy Morgan.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

If you want a video about a grown up man crying on youtube I cant help you, but I have a link for you if you want a lets play that does not account for taste or reality.

A majestic love story in Skyrim...
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
CreedKeeper25

Post by CreedKeeper25 »

Dream wrote: Fortunately, Chilled's Chaos Let's play has none of those flaws :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, he took it off the public web and it doesn't seem he will ever put it back.
Did you come here from his vids as well? He's the reason I found out about this game :)
SpecimenSix wrote:And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
Hanabro
Dream

Post by Dream »

CreedKeeper25 wrote:Did you come here from his vids as well? He's the reason I found out about this game :)

Nah, i knew KS far before i learned of his videos. Still, they were really funny and i'm glad i could see at least all of Hanako's route before it got taken down.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos