Still friends?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: Still friends?

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:
And if anything, I'd wager 'adult life' would be worse. :lol: As a kid, you can stay up all night with the TV and the worst you'll get is an earful of bullshit from teachers for sleeping in class. Adults get fired. :lol:
The sad truth of school these days.

Hurrah for early-life Philippine education system.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Make the most out of your time at any place.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yep, definately make the most of your younger days. Or you'll just end up regretting it when you get older. Trust me, I have personal experience.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Xanatos wrote: School friends are temporary. That's just how life works out for most. I wouldn't know firsthand though.
Its easy to keep in touch if your high school mates, you just need some kind of anchor to keep everybody together over the years.

I have a group of friends from school, we know each other for 16 years or so, since the school days we always tried to spend the Saturdays together, so most saturdays we spent on my kitchen table, talking, playing rpg, and so on. 16 years is a long time, a lot of things can happen, we started out as school friends, we became adults, I started my college education, a friend went on to get a master degree on biology, other friend had a daughter, one is a house wife, other is a party going slacker that leechs money from a older woman, but no matter what it happens, all saturdays we meet by my kitchen table.

And its fucking awesome.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tomate wrote:
Xanatos wrote: School friends are temporary. That's just how life works out for most. I wouldn't know firsthand though.
Its easy to keep in touch if your high school mates, you just need some kind of anchor to keep everybody together over the years.

I have a group of friends from school, we know each other for 16 years or so, since the school days we always tried to spend the Saturdays together, so most saturdays we spent on my kitchen table, talking, playing rpg, and so on. 16 years is a long time, a lot of things can happen, we started out as school friends, we became adults, I started my college education, a friend went on to get a master degree on biology, other friend had a daughter, one is a house wife, other is a party going slacker that leechs money from a older woman, but no matter what it happens, all saturdays we meet by my kitchen table.

And its fucking awesome.
Okay, so it's easy if you all stay in one place where you can easily gather around a table every weekend. But being realistic, it's not that easy. :lol: On the other hand, I haven't had a proper friend in fifteen years so I'm not a good source of information here. :lol:
Last edited by Xanatos on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Tomate wrote:

And its fucking awesome.
Well it hasn't been 16 years since High School for me, but me and my (few) friends from High School try to meet at least once every month or two XD
Doesn't help that only one of us has a car and I'm the one who doesn't have sh*ttons of free time in the day due to college XD. But hey, we're working on it. :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Xanatos wrote:
Tomate wrote:

And its fucking awesome.
Okay, so it's easy if you all stay in one place where you can easily gather around a table every weekend. But being realistic, it's not that easy. :lol: On the other hand, I haven't had a proper friend in fifteen years so I'm not a good source of information here. :lol:
Its not always easy, we had our share of problems, death in the family, clingy girlfriends, car accidents, babies, drunken brawls, skin head attack, not counting college and work and other "normal" problems.

But its worth it.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Tomate wrote:skin head attack
I'm sorry, but what?
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tomate wrote:Its not always easy, we had our share of problems, death in the family, clingy girlfriends, car accidents, babies, drunken brawls, skin head attack, not counting college and work and other "normal" problems.

But its worth it.
And again, much much harder unless you all stay in one place where you can easily gather around a table every weekend. :P People who don't might manage to meet up once or twice a year if lucky.

'Course, nowadays, you got your Mybooks and Twitterspaces but that's just a shell of a former friendship without the physical proximity.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Steinherz wrote:
I'm sorry, but what?
One of my friend was attacked by a group of skinheads, he was beaten with a chain, it was pretty bad. Its kinda absurd, you know, skinheads on a country that celebrates racial diversity.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Tomate wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
I'm sorry, but what?
One of my friend was attacked by a group of skinheads, he was beaten with a chain, it was pretty bad. Its kinda absurd, you know, skinheads on a country that celebrates racial diversity.
Country that celebrates... *looks at your location* OH. Now I see what you mean.
I also draw, kind of.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tomate wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
I'm sorry, but what?
Brazil made 2girls1cup. Maybe the skinheads were angry about that.

Seriously though, that had to suck. :lol:
MutilatedManequin

Post by MutilatedManequin »

Realistically, some would stay in touch, others would fall apart.
Unless you apply some Kosher-dust.
Assuming that Hisao and Hanako end up together...
Lillyxemi
Shizunexmisha
Kenji dies in a sewer somewhere
Rin, after three straight years meditation, finds a way to impregnate herself without male interference, making her asexual.
Everyone has a happy ending through the application of yuri
There is a method to my madness, a random number of random steps done in no particular order to accomplish god knows what
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MutilatedManequin wrote:Rin, after three straight years meditation, finds a way to impregnate herself without male interference...
Why would she need three years to figure out something we already figured out? :P
Umber

Post by Umber »

MutilatedManequin wrote: Lillyxemi
Why does this make sense in the most nonsensical, improbable way?
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.