Still friends?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Still friends?

Post by Oddball »

Every girl in the game has a best friend that they spend all their time with, (and even Hisao has Kenji) but once highschool is behind them, how close do you feel these friends are going to stay?

Personally...

Emi and Rin are pretty much done with each other after school is over with. There isn't going to be any real attempt made at staying in touch. If they do both make it back to the class reunion in about ten years, Rin probably isn't even going to remember who Emi is.

Misha is going to try to stay in touch with Shizune, although frankly speaking, she shouldn't. Shizune's dislike of written communication, on the other hand, is going to doom them to slowly drifting apart. They might stay in touch by myspace or facebook or whatever the Japanese equivalent is. Again, though, that's going to be more on Misha than it is Shizune.

Hanako and Lilly are friends for life. They'll remain closer in Hanako's good ending than Lilly's.

Kenji won't keep in touch with Hisao but will randomly pop back into Hisao's life when he least expects it, much to Hisao's displeasure.

What's your take on things?
Not Dead Yet
OtakuNinja

Re: Still friends?

Post by OtakuNinja »

It's my belief that Lilly moves to Scotland and never returns. :P
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
win746

Post by win746 »

OtakuNinja wrote:It's my belief that Lilly moves to Scotland and never returns. :P
Unless Hisao convinced Lilly to stay in Japan. Or maybe Lilly got Hisao to move with her to Scotland. :D I still think Lilly and Hanako will both try to maintain a long distance friendship, but it will be hard.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

I actually think Shizune will remain friends with Misha. In her arc she showed that she did care for her a lot and considered Misha to be her best friend. While it would be unusual of her to use written communication, I think she would do it for Misha.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpecimenSix wrote:I actually think Shizune will remain friends with Misha. In her arc she showed that she did care for her a lot and considered Misha to be her best friend. While it would be unusual of her to use written communication, I think she would do it for Misha.
I think it's completely reasonable for Shizune to write to communicate with Misha. If they go separate ways at the end of her route, that's really the only way they can communicate. The'd either write letters, or Emails. I'm sure Shizune would be fine with Emailing Misha.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

KeiichiO wrote: I think it's completely reasonable for Shizune to write to communicate with Misha. If they go separate ways at the end of her route, that's really the only way they can communicate. The'd either write letters, or Emails. I'm sure Shizune would be fine with Emailing Misha.
Yea exactly, I think she would make an exception if it was for Misha.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I don't see Lily moving to Scotland by choice. Apart from Akira, she doesn't really seem to have any attachment to the family who sent her to school halfway around the world to get her out of the way.

In general though, I agree with Oddball.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:I don't see Lily moving to Scotland by choice. Apart from Akira, she doesn't really seem to have any attachment to the family who sent her to school halfway around the world to get her out of the way.

In general though, I agree with Oddball.
Yea I'd say so too. I think she would finally decide to make a decision for herself and stay in Japan. Also I could see Hisao going away to college only to realize that his roommate is Kenji. :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Yea I'd say so too. I think she would finally decide to make a decision for herself and stay in Japan. Also I could see Hisao going away to college only to realize that his roommate is Kenji. :lol:
"Knowlege man. That's the secret! The only way we'll beat these women is by out-thinking them! SCIENCE! And pure brain power! That's the key to victory!"

"Hey can I borrow a thousand* yen for some beer?"

* EDIT. Forgot the exchange rate. :)
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
"Knowlege man. That's the secret! The only way we'll beat these women is by out-thinking them! SCIENCE! And pure brain power! That's the key to victory!"

"Hey can I borrow ten yen for some beer?"
:lol: When you put it that way, that doesn't sound too bad. Shit I wish my roommate was Kenji.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Why do you think Misha shouldn't stay in contact with Shizune? I think there's an entertaining rant here about Shizune being a crappy friend and/or person.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Sad to think that most of the characters would seperate after high school. Then again, that happens to everyone, AFAIK.

Shizune and Misha, Lilly and Hanako. I wish they wouldn't seperate, they had the closest friendships in Yamaku.
Can we not invite Kenji to a reunion? And if we do, who do we get drunk first, him or Hanako?
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I'm not sure 10 yen beer would be safe to drink.

(A yen is about equal to a penny give or take.)
Not Dead Yet
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Shizune has no problems with Written messages, she justs prefer to use her hands/misha's voice and have a face to face chat, with eye contact and more interaction than writing notes.

Now, about the Still friends question.

I think all the girls will drift apart over time, Shizune and Misha are great friends, but Misha will eventually study to be a sign language teacher or something and Shizune will go on and start her career as a criminal mastermind, rocket scientist or Stage Magician. They are great friends now, but to remain friends after the inevitable separation they must have some hobbies or activities in common, and they don't have it.

Lilly and Hanako are pretty close, but Lilly is subject to her family whims, probably she will be called back home to attend to some good university or to work on a corporate position, Hanako future is more uncertain, who provides for her? What she will do after she graduates?

Rin and Ami have nothing in common, and are friends for no good reason, as Billy Joel said in Piano Man "they're sharing a drink called loneliness, but its better than drinking alone"
Sad to think that most of the characters would seperate after high school. Then again, that happens to everyone, AFAIK.
Not everyone, still hang around with my High school mates, and I'm 25. We dont see each other as often as we did in the past, but we still play rpg and drink all saturdays.
Last edited by Tomate on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'm sure they'll stay in touch. Just that the e-mails will become less and less frequent over the years. There was a girl I loved very dearly when I lived in GA twenty years ago. We still exchange e-mails every few months.
Unless of course they discover each other on Facebook or something. I swear, FB is the greatest invention ever for rediscovering long-lost friends.
Oddball wrote:
I'm not sure 10 yen beer would be safe to drink.

(A yen is about equal to a penny give or take.)
Yeah, I realized that a few minutes later and fixed it. Oops.
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.