A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Karnewarrior

A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

Post by Karnewarrior »

...And the students are suddenly divested of their disabilities. The blind can see, the Deaf can hear, those missing limbs regrow them, so on and so forth.

How would the students react? Specifically, how would your favorite girl react? Assuming this doesn't effect anything outside of Yamaku, so all the missing family members remain missing, what would the toll be on the psyche of, say, Lilly, who's been blind from birth? Suddenly gaining a new sense is almost undoubtedly disorientating. Shizune can't switch off her ears; how would she react to suddenly being capable of hearing?

To put it simply, I think Emi and Lily would be the most calm about the situation. Emi already had legs and so would be shocked to find them reattached, but I can see her gripping the situation within minutes of the Event.

Lilly would probably be unable to cope with being Sighted, but she can at least close her eyes and essentially turn the sense "off". I imagine she'd wait until she was alone to stumble about and figure out how depth perception works, and look at letters. I think she'd probably enjoy having the new sense, but as with Shizune it sort of makes her her, so she maybe wouldn't be too overjoyed.

Shizune would probably get a massive headache. Suddenly she can hear sounds, and I imagine her ears would be relatively sensative, or at least seem that way because HOLY CRAP THIS IS NEW. Combine with everyone freaking out and Misha sitting next to her and she'd get overloaded pretty quick. I would kind of like to see her face the first time she uses her snap with working ears though. :twisted:

Rin would... It's kind of hard to think of what Rin would do. She would certainly find her new limbs quite unweildy and possibly even bulky. She may put herself off balance every time she swings her arms. I don't see her flipping her lid though, like probably some of the other students would be doing. Rin just isn't like that. I see her more just... staring. With her mouth open. Wondering what the hell arms are doing on her body. She'd probably still use her feet for most things though; she doesn't know which muscles to move to make her arms to more than roll her shoulders. After she figures them out though she'd probably just go around feeling things with her fingers, weirded out and kind of entranced by new sensations.

And yes, I am the same guy who just asked this on /vg/ a few minutes ago. I just thought of the idea and I don't want it to vanish into the perilous depths of my "memory". By which I more accurately mean "Pulsar" because the only thing that escapes it are pulses of light to reveal things I've forgotten Too Late.
Not Mine:
A Perfectly Normal High School - Transit eros, philia est sempiternum
Puella Magi Adfligo Systema - "incubators math discard math pets fuzzys Asunaro caw caw"
Mine:
Ikusaba Quest [DR/???] - "In one moment, Earth; in the next, Hell." ~ Queen Sonia Nevermind, on the First Tragedy
YZQ

Re: A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

Post by YZQ »

Emi's issues had never really been her disability, but losing her father.

Hanako will potentially benefit the most, not to mention the lines of potential suitors. Hisao will no doubt go "The bastards who may tease her in the past are now attracted to her like bees to honey."

Lily and Shizune will probably adapt and make use of their new-found senses. No more sugar-coating quotes from MIsha = the hairdryer.

Also, Rin's issues are not directly related to her disability. It's her inability to communicate that she is more worried about.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Rin wouldn't know what to do with arms if she had them.
Not Dead Yet
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Cue Emi teaching her how to use the hands to wear clothes. Mundane Made Awesome.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

YZQ wrote:Cue Emi teaching her how to use the hands to wear clothes. Mundane Made Awesome.
^
This. So much this. Mundane made awesome is hilarious.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Also, Shizune and Lily trolling each other with internet songs (Lily ->Shizune) and pictures (Shizune ->Lily).

griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

YZQ wrote:Also, Shizune and Lily trolling each other with internet songs (Lily ->Shizune) and pictures (Shizune ->Lily).
I approve of this.

Lilly will have to become better with computers though.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hanako will help her in that department.

HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

If everyone regained their disabilities, they would no longer need to attend Yamaku, and would be withdrawn, and would probably not see each other ever again.

I ain't pessimistic, I'm realistic
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

HarvestmanMan wrote:If everyone regained their disabilities, they would no longer need to attend Yamaku, and would be withdrawn, and would probably not see each other ever again.

I ain't pessimistic, I'm realistic
( would no longer need to attend Yamaku)... and then have to attend an average high school. Then, they have a taste of maybe, just maybe, their "past disabilities" were not as bad as they thought.

Umber

Post by Umber »

"What are these?"
"They're arms, Rin."
"I know that. What do they do?"
[Cue "Katawa Break" by Rtilrtil, Rin learning how to hold things, how to dress up, how to use chopsticks, how to H-scenes, etc]

Didn't Shizune hear for a bit, before the infections took away that sense? I wonder if she'd be able to understand her father. Or hear how loud Misha is.
Misha's laugh could probably wake the dead.

The most important thing of all:
Kenji can see, and has clarity on his perspective of the world.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

They react...I dunno, happily? Hanako and Emi wouldn't be affected much since Emi's problem has never been her disability and Hanako doesn't really have a disability so much as a crippling trauma.

Rin would go on crazy adventures learning to use arms. Kenji would be cured of his paranoia (you know his shit eyesight makes him see chicks as monsters). Shizune would go on pretending she can't hear Jigoro's CONSTANT BULLSHIT, all the while secretly learning to talk properly and finally give him an earful of Hell itself when the time came. And then she'd bond with Hideaki and h-scenes ensue.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:And then she'd bond with Hideaki and h-scenes ensue.
And Jigoro walks in. Jigoro must walk in.
Misha would also lose her orgasmic verbal "Wahaha!~" tic.

OT: If Kenji were sane, he could be a great asset (or liability) to society. He has the potential to do great things.
Think we can all agree than Emi wouldn't change much. Mentally, at least? I wonder if she'd be irritated 'cause of not being used to "feeling" the ground.
The kid in the back of the class, top right, behind Shizu-Misha. Becomes. Gaben! Or SpecimenSix.
A non-panicky, clumsy Yuuko. Beautiful.

...Huh. I never figured out what was wrong with Aoi and Keiko. Would like to bring them into this topic.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:A non-panicky, clumsy Yuuko. Beautiful.
Wouldn't happen. Clumsiness isn't any kind of disability. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:
Umber wrote:A non-panicky, clumsy Yuuko. Beautiful.
Wouldn't happen. Clumsiness isn't any kind of disability. :P
For Yuuko, it might as well be :( She's rather cute either way. Deus Ex can't change that.