A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Velitation

Re: A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

Post by Velitation »

With Lilly and Shizune, I'm not sure how they would react. It's one thing to lose something and later gain it back, but never having in the first place? I don't think either would take it well.

Hanako is a different story. She wouldn't have anything to hide anymore, but her memories of the fire, the orphanage, the "treatment" and attention that most others gave her prior to that point would never go away. Yeah, she would be looked at in a more respectful way from that point on, but the damage has been done. Whether she opens up to more people would be dependent on if people truly appreciate her for who she is.

Emi also differs. She still experienced the death of her father and the trauma resulting in losing her legs. That's something that would stick around, but she'd deal with it in due time. Having her legs back would help somewhat I suppose, but it doesn't get rid of memories.

Rin would probably appear to be indifferent to having arms, since she can handle herself using her feet. But internally she would be trying to figure how they would work in her day to day life, though probably not in the way arms do for most people.

All in all, this "Deus Ex Machina" would probably help a lot of the students at Yamaku, but like all people, we all have different issues that can't be solved with just one swift act from above. If that were possible though, I guess I better start praying to the sun (Cue Dark Souls/George Carlin references)
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Velitation wrote:(Cue Dark Souls/George Carlin references)
I pray to Joe Pesci.

I'm thinking Emi might have a bit of trouble. Flesh-and-blood legs tire and are generally far more vulnerable than some prosthetic blades. She might have to adjust a bit after all this time...
Last edited by Xanatos on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

Xanatos wrote:
I pray to Joe Pesci.

I'm thinking Emi might have a bit of trouble. Flesh-and-blood legs tire are generally far more vulnerable than some prosthetic blades. She might have to adjust a bit after all this time...
Oh yeah, thats right. I remember now. He doesn't actually pray to the sun. Whoops.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
neio

Post by neio »

Xanatos wrote:
I pray to Joe Pesci.

I'm thinking Emi might have a bit of trouble. Flesh-and-blood legs tire and are generally far more vulnerable than some prosthetic blades. She might have to adjust a bit after all this time...
I can see her ignoring blisters/rolled ankles/whatever on her real legs just like she did in her own route with the prosthetic legs. Not good.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Dream

Post by Dream »

I think with Kenji, the white light would cure his paranoia as well. I don't think he would be too ok with all the crazy stuff he did.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Umber

Post by Umber »

Dream wrote:I think with Kenji, the white light would cure his paranoia as well. I don't think he would be too ok with all the crazy stuff he did.
I'm not so much concerned that Kenji is able to see, but rather what would happen if he were to be...'un-traumatized' from his first sexual encounter.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote:
Dream wrote:I think with Kenji, the white light would cure his paranoia as well. I don't think he would be too ok with all the crazy stuff he did.
I'm not so much concerned that Kenji is able to see, but rather what would happen if he were to be...'un-traumatized' from his first sexual encounter.
I think a lot of that trauma stems from his inability to see, though. I don't think that would've been nearly as traumatic for him if he could see what was going on. It's kind of like when you see something blurry in the distance and your mind finishes the picture for you, for better or worse.

If Kenji could see clearly I doubt he would still buy into the whole feminist conspiracy.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Karnewarrior

Post by Karnewarrior »

I don't get that.

I never got the impression his paranoia was linked in any way to his legal blindness. I always thought it was some mental issue he was born with, and it only took the Feminist bent because of his Ex, who was probably a feminist herself. His paranoia, previously scattered, would latch onto that.

I mean, what about being legally blind would make him paranoid that wouldn't also make Lilly paranoid? Lilly can't see /anything/.
Not Mine:
A Perfectly Normal High School - Transit eros, philia est sempiternum
Puella Magi Adfligo Systema - "incubators math discard math pets fuzzys Asunaro caw caw"
Mine:
Ikusaba Quest [DR/???] - "In one moment, Earth; in the next, Hell." ~ Queen Sonia Nevermind, on the First Tragedy
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Karnewarrior wrote:I don't get that.

I never got the impression his paranoia was linked in any way to his legal blindness. I always thought it was some mental issue he was born with, and it only took the Feminist bent because of his Ex, who was probably a feminist herself. His paranoia, previously scattered, would latch onto that.

I mean, what about being legally blind would make him paranoid that wouldn't also make Lilly paranoid? Lilly can't see /anything/.
That's an interesting point, but Lilly could never see in her entire life. It's different to not have a sense when you've never known it, than to lose what you've already had. Kenji may have had better vision long ago, but it's never been stated, so it's equally likely he was born with poor vision. I think partial vision would fuel his paranoia by a lot. Look at it this way, Kenji can see, if you'd call it that, but at a distance most people and things look like unrecognizable and unfamiliar shapes. If my vision was limited to only that, I would be very paranoid as well. Never knowing what's lurking in those distant shapes.

I agree with you though that it was all directed at feminists because of his ex. However, he doesn't see her as a feminist. I can't remember which arc it was but I remember him having a conversation with Hisao that she was just a girl. It may have even been the manly picnic.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Umber wrote:I'm not so much concerned that Kenji is able to see, but rather what would happen if he were to be...'un-traumatized' from his first sexual encounter.
Don't get what you mean. Also, i don't think the idea of his legal blindness playing a hand into his paranoia holds much ground.

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Umber wrote:I'm not so much concerned that Kenji is able to see, but rather what would happen if he were to be...'un-traumatized' from his first sexual encounter.
Don't get what you mean. Also, i don't think the idea of his legal blindness playing a hand into his paranoia holds much ground.
I think he's asking what Kenji might do if his paranoia vanished.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:I think he's asking what Kenji might do if his paranoia vanished.
Ah. Well, after the Alonzo Quijano-esque shame and deppression, i would imagine that he tries to help around the school and the classmates as a sort of atonement for the things he did, while relying on Hisao for a sort of support structure. Trying to fix things with his ex-girlfriend Yuuko might also be a possibility, although i don't know how likely it would be.

emmjay

Post by emmjay »

On the other hand, if Kenji were given 20/20 eyesight, he might take the sniper rifle you just know he has up to the nearest clock tower and start shooting every female he sees, now that he can aim properly. (Hideaki would likely also be a casualty.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Dream

Post by Dream »

emmjay wrote:On the other hand, if Kenji were given 20/20 eyesight, he might take the sniper rifle you just know he has up to the nearest clock tower and start shooting every female he sees, now that he can aim properly. (Hideaki would likely also be a casualty.)
That's... Horryfingly plausible...

Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Dream wrote:
emmjay wrote:On the other hand, if Kenji were given 20/20 eyesight, he might take the sniper rifle you just know he has up to the nearest clock tower and start shooting every female he sees, now that he can aim properly. (Hideaki would likely also be a casualty.)
That's... Horryfingly plausible...
I thought of this when reading:
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.