A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:Rin wouldn't need Hisao's help in the atelier.
Unacceptable! Where's my hacksaw?!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Karnewarrior

Post by Karnewarrior »

Umber wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I give them credit then for choosing such an amazing name for their prosthetic arm. Although I personally would've chosen something along the lines of "The Wankinator" :lol:
It would just be called an "arm" if everyone got back their limbs.

Rin wouldn't need Hisao's help in the atelier.
Well some of those prosthetics have sort of claw-like robofingers. I doubt those would feel to good.

At the very least it would be cold!
Not Mine:
A Perfectly Normal High School - Transit eros, philia est sempiternum
Puella Magi Adfligo Systema - "incubators math discard math pets fuzzys Asunaro caw caw"
Mine:
Ikusaba Quest [DR/???] - "In one moment, Earth; in the next, Hell." ~ Queen Sonia Nevermind, on the First Tragedy
Dream

Post by Dream »

Holy fuck what the hell happened here.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Umber

Post by Umber »

Dream wrote:Holy fuck what the hell happened here.
Sadly.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote:
Sadly.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eKqFwHXDvCs/T ... erail2.jpg
This thread was hardly derailed. The OP was about if the students at Yamaku having their disabilities "fixed" and last I checked the whole last page or two was about that.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Karnewarrior

Post by Karnewarrior »

We really ought to bold those quotes.

And I'm not just saying that because Shizune is behind me with a baseball bat and a bag of instant cement. Not at all.

wink wink wink wink wink wink help wink wink wink
Not Mine:
Puella Magi Adfligo Systema - "incubators math discard math pets fuzzys Asunaro caw caw"
Mine:
Ikusaba Quest [DR/???] - "In one moment, Earth; in the next, Hell." ~ Queen Sonia Nevermind, on the First Tragedy
Umber

Post by Umber »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Umber wrote:
Sadly.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eKqFwHXDvCs/T ... erail2.jpg
This thread was hardly derailed. The OP was about if the students at Yamaku having their disabilities "fixed" and last I checked the whole last page or two was about that.
I think he was referring to [Kenji, Misha, Kerosene, Way Of The Bitch, Code Geass]...and then we saved the train.
Albeit with jumpier passengers, hehe.

Edit: SpecimenSix missed my edit.
Last edited by Umber on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote: This thread was hardly derailed. The OP was about if the students at Yamaku having their disabilities "fixed" and last I checked the whole last page or two was about that.
I think he was referring to [Kenji, Misha, Kerosene, Way Of The Bitch, Code Geass]...and then we saved the train.
Code Geass and Misha are ALWAYS the topic. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Ultima01

Post by Ultima01 »

I'm betting if Deus Ex Machina washed over Yamaku and removed all the disabilities, that Lilly would be even MORE lost because she's never had to use her eyes for anything. Imagine how long it would take for her to get used to it after 17 or 18 years of NOT having it.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Ultima01 wrote:I'm betting if Deus Ex Machina washed over Yamaku and removed all the disabilities, that Lilly would be even MORE lost because she's never had to use her eyes for anything. Imagine how long it would take for her to get used to it after 17 or 18 years of NOT having it.
That's a good point. Imagine the sensory overload all the student's missing a sense would experience.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Ultima01 wrote:I'm betting if Deus Ex Machina washed over Yamaku and removed all the disabilities, that Lilly would be even MORE lost because she's never had to use her eyes for anything. Imagine how long it would take for her to get used to it after 17 or 18 years of NOT having it.
Something I already have mentioned for shizune... And from personal experience I can tell you that for hearing it is around half a year to get a basic skill in hearing (and understanding). I don't think it'll be very different for blindness, although they do know some shapes because of touching objects. That information can be used to infer what something is... In any case it will be tiring for her.
Karnewarrior

Post by Karnewarrior »

Kutagh wrote:
Something I already have mentioned for shizune... And from personal experience I can tell you that for hearing it is around half a year to get a basic skill in hearing (and understanding). I don't think it'll be very different for blindness, although they do know some shapes because of touching objects. That information can be used to infer what something is... In any case it will be tiring for her.
I'm guessing they'd probably all get a splitting headache, at least the first few days. Especially since the way I imagined it it's just a big wash of white light and then everything is gone or back or what-have-you.

Does kind of make you feel bad for Shizune. Probably the first thing she hears is going to be someone loudly exlaiming "WHAT THE FUCK?!". Then Misha being loud. She's not going to have any peace and quiet for hours after she first gets her hearing. XD

Not to mention she probably wouldn't like being able to hear anyway.
Not Mine:
Mine:
Umber

Post by Umber »

I think the only ones that wouldn't experience much of a change, or would be happy with the augments, would be Miki, Suzu, Naomi...

Actually, all of the side characters. Except maybe Molly.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:I think the only ones that wouldn't experience much of a change, or would be happy with the augments, would be Miki, Suzu, Naomi...

Actually, all of the side characters. Except maybe Molly.
Shizune would have a shit time between Jigoro and Misha...Hanako would be fine, I think...And Misha would date Hisao.

And Keiichi, go fuck yourself. :lol: *just noticed the signature*
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Generally negative. I think the only person who would REALLY benefit would be Hisao.

And just because Shizune can now suddenly hear, doesn't mean she can now suddenly speak as well. Due to already acquiring JSL as a "first language", she'll probably never completely grasp spoken language completely. (Not to mention her jackass father JIgoro will never shut up about how he was right the entire time; she simply was too stubborn to speak)

Lilly would just keep her eyes closed all the time, really. Or she could spend a week connecting what things feel like with what they look like. She might even suffer serious carsickness (it's caused by a disagreement between your eyes and your body).

Emi would have to learn to walk/run AGAIN. Suddenly having sensitive flesh&blood ankles again is a LOT different than the running blades (this message brought to you by Captain Obvious)

I don't know what Rin would do. The part of your brain that controls the dexterity of your hands is fairly large, and that part was rerouted to her feet a few months after birth.

Hanako would just be alienated by all the attention she's getting, withdrawing into her room or with Lilly even more often. Old habits die hard, and just because the physical scars are healed doesn't mean the psychological scars are as well.