What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Comrade » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:53 pm

So you're saying some people need to DIE to be real men?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Hisao&Hanako<3
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Location: United States

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Ha, I can see how what I said can be taken that way. What I meant is their pride can go jump off a roof. The world's view of a man and the actual, true man are two different things. I remember saying it in some other topic. Let all the emotions show! Hiding them doesn't make you manly. The world will tell you otherwise, but I took a Barrett .50 cal to what the world has to say a long time ago.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Xanatos » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:39 pm

The fact that everything I learned from it is still essentially useless in repairing everything wrong with me.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Fealow
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:24 am

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Fealow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Xanatos wrote:The fact that everything I learned from it is still essentially useless in repairing everything wrong with me.
I feel you buddy. As soon I finish a story or something shocking/lovely/horrific/sad or depressing happens I grab the nearest online friend and verbally puke on them. It helps to clear my thoughts and make sense of what I'm feeling which in turn helps me to think about things more clearly in my own life.

But anyway, what hurts the most? This is not really related to KS for me as my choices have not taken me down the road of a bad ending yet. That said though from my experience with other VN's it's when you start getting bad endings even though you were going for the good endings and it's absolutely soul crushing! currently playing "Grisaia no kajitsu" and so far my first two play through's have both resulted in "bad" endings After the second bad ending I got I just wanted to give up on life it was horrific! I was too shocked to even shed a tear...

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Xanatos » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:12 am

Fealow wrote:
Xanatos wrote:The fact that everything I learned from it is still essentially useless in repairing everything wrong with me.
I feel you buddy. As soon I finish a story or something shocking/lovely/horrific/sad or depressing happens I grab the nearest online friend and verbally puke on them. It helps to clear my thoughts and make sense of what I'm feeling which in turn helps me to think about things more clearly in my own life.

But anyway, what hurts the most? This is not really related to KS for me as my choices have not taken me down the road of a bad ending yet. That said though from my experience with other VN's it's when you start getting bad endings even though you were going for the good endings and it's absolutely soul crushing! currently playing "Grisaia no kajitsu" and so far my first two play through's have both resulted in "bad" endings After the second bad ending I got I just wanted to give up on life it was horrific! I was too shocked to even shed a tear...

Ironically, my very first (two) endings were bad ones in KS. The first (Kenji's) was deliberate, as I like to see the default endings in VNs (that is, the ending you get if you fail to trigger any one path - It usually isn't as bad as DEATH, though...I found this one shocking). The first real bad end was Emi's, which is what got me thinking about stuff in the first place...

And my online friends are the sort who play KS just to make fun or find the 'porn' so verbal pukings at them aren't feasible. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Hisao&Hanako<3
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Location: United States

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:49 am

Sounds like a good Broken Hearts Club story. "None of my friends listen to my KS rants!" :lol: I'm only saying that cause I'm in the same boat. Not many people seem to care nowadays what you think and feel deeply about a fictional character.

User avatar
Fealow
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:24 am

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Fealow » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Sounds like a good Broken Hearts Club story. "None of my friends listen to my KS rants!" :lol: I'm only saying that cause I'm in the same boat. Not many people seem to care nowadays what you think and feel deeply about a fictional character.
I too have this issue. I have no friends I can talk to face to face if I felt the need to express myself regarding a fictional character or story. My only outlet is online friends who also play VN's (even then it's usually just me talking at them with brief replies on their behalf) or I come onto forums like this. People look at you funny when you say "I feel like shit because my choices caused a girl I had invested in for the past 3 days to be blown to pieces by a shotgun and have her teeth ripped out while she desperately attempts to fight unarmed to protect my life, she dies, i live" Friend: "it's not real" Me: "yeah I know, you'd have to play it to understand" Friend: "right..."

*Sigh*

User avatar
Hisao&Hanako<3
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Location: United States

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:29 am

Damn man, that blows. I can't imagine playing a game like that, it would tear me up pretty bad. At least in KS, nobody dies unless there's a Manly Picnic. And even then you go back to get better than that. :)

User avatar
Fealow
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:24 am

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Fealow » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:10 am

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Damn man, that blows. I can't imagine playing a game like that, it would tear me up pretty bad. At least in KS, nobody dies unless there's a Manly Picnic. And even then you go back to get better than that. :)
The VN is called Grisaia no Kajitsu, i highly recommend it! (even though the scene i described is pretty violent/gruesome, there is no cg with gore in it. Most of it comes from your own head.)

And yes that particular scene left me heart broken and in shock. Just to make it worse it happened because of a choice I made -_-

User avatar
Hisao&Hanako<3
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Location: United States

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:05 pm

It's tempting, but I'm pretty sure I have my hands full with KS related things. I still have enough ammo to keep on ranting about it to other people even after a year. I'll be busy for a long time. :lol:

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Xanatos » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:11 pm

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:It's tempting, but I'm pretty sure I have my hands full with KS related things. I still have enough ammo to keep on ranting about it to other people even after a year. I'll be busy for a long time. :lol:
Write fanfics. Best use of ammo.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Hisao&Hanako<3
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Location: United States

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:46 pm

When all my ammo for AA runs out... which might not be very soon... I might start scribbling down something and see what it leads to. Better yet, my typing is way faster than my handwriting, so I'll type something down instead.

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by pandaphil » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:14 am

Yeah, writing my fic works for me. Although veeeeeery slowly.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

YZQ
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 am

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by YZQ » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:38 am

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Ha, I can see how what I said can be taken that way. What I meant is their pride can go jump off a roof. The world's view of a man and the actual, true man are two different things. I remember saying it in some other topic. Let all the emotions show! Hiding them doesn't make you manly. The world will tell you otherwise, but I took a Barrett .50 cal to what the world has to say a long time ago.
Two different things, and you use them at different settings. Both are useful, if you know how.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."

User avatar
NoRedemption
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by NoRedemption » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:30 pm

On my first full playthrough, Lilly was my second route and Hanako the third.

When originally playing through the Hanako route and now replaying Lilly's I can't help but think that Hanako is better off without me (Hisao) romancing her. She seems much happier at the end of Lilly's route along with being more outgoing as she's part of the newspaper club and planning on traveling around Japan with Naomi. She's a lovely girl and it hurts to think that you're making it worse than it could have been by trying to date her.

Post Reply