What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Her uncaring attitude is just her way of protecting herself. I like to think once she finally learns that opening up and trusting Hisao isn't going to end her world a lot of her bitch attitude will fade.
Yes, her way of protecting herself from loss...By, in a completely hypocritical and stupid manner, inflicting loss on both herself and Hisao.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Her uncaring attitude is just her way of protecting herself. I like to think once she finally learns that opening up and trusting Hisao isn't going to end her world a lot of her bitch attitude will fade.
Yes, her way of protecting herself from loss...By, in a completely hypocritical and stupid manner, inflicting loss on both herself and Hisao.
people actually do this, which i find them to be stupid and selfish. but in emi's case, i just cant have that same hate towards her. i have a soft spot for her lol, even if she seemed like shes been around by the way she just brushes hisao off like nothing was important between them.
no hidden message in here
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Agreed. People can be unfeeling and selfish when they feel threatened.

In a lot of ways, Emi is just as hurt and broken as Hanako, except her problem is self inflicted. She's a good person who forces herself not to care about anyone so as never to be hurt or feel loss again.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I always went with that. I took the risks, regardless of the consequences. And I am a much stronger, more empathetic person for it.

In more worldly human terms, "Balls to the wall."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
With all due respect, that saying is drivel.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Well, it makes perfect sense. Can't think of a more flashy way to say it. Cause when you love someone, you learn something. Living with the regret of not making an action is a much worse fate.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Well, it makes perfect sense. Can't think of a more flashy way to say it. Cause when you love someone, you learn something. Living with the regret of not making an action is a much worse fate.
Scenario A: Love someone, lose someone, live with pain and regret.

Scenario B: Never love, never lose. No regret to be had. "Regret of not making an action" only comes into play if you loved but never acted on it. Entirely different thing.

Then again, I may harbor residual bitterness over such recent losses and general hopelessness.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. No excitement, and no sadness. Sounds kind of bleak and boring, doesn't it? In general, humans hope and push for much more. In time you will heal from your wounds and learn and become a stronger person than before.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Nothing ventured, nothing gained. No excitement, and no sadness. Sounds kind of bleak and boring, doesn't it? In general, humans hope and push for much more. In time you will heal from your wounds and learn and become a stronger person than before.

No excitement, no sadness...Now you're just making things up. I didn't love anyone when I was six, never stopped me being excited (I won a Toucan Sam plush that year) or sad (I got stoned, strangled, and thrown into a few trash cans that year too). :P And I've got a good couple decades (approximately) of wounds to heal from. That's just the most recent. :lol:
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Oh, well I presumed your "recent loss" referred to a person you were attached to, my bad.

And unfortunately, I can't level with you on the whole 6 year old thing either. I've been falling for girls since I was 5 years old, for one reason or another. I started young. :) But I learned a lot too.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Oh, well I presumed your "recent loss" referred to a person you were attached to, my bad.

And unfortunately, I can't level with you on the whole 6 year old thing either. I've been falling for girls since I was 5 years old, for one reason or another. I started young. :) But I learned a lot too.
It did. :P

I think my fifth year was my last really good year...That was the year I met Julian and Danny. And...Carla? Carley? I don't remember the name. The face never goes away though. And the year I discovered ice cream cake. And fell asleep in said cake. And got a Lite-Brite from a police station Santa. Five was a good year...Minus the doctors. And the wheelchair. :lol:
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I always went with that. I took the risks, regardless of the consequences. And I am a much stronger, more empathetic person for it.

In more worldly human terms, "Balls to the wall."
i totally agree with you.
Xanatos wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Well, it makes perfect sense. Can't think of a more flashy way to say it. Cause when you love someone, you learn something. Living with the regret of not making an action is a much worse fate.
Scenario A: Love someone, lose someone, live with pain and regret.

Scenario B: Never love, never lose. No regret to be had. "Regret of not making an action" only comes into play if you loved but never acted on it. Entirely different thing.

Then again, I may harbor residual bitterness over such recent losses and general hopelessness.
in scenario A, you live with pain and regret... but you learn what that is like and you will be stronger. thats what life is about. you learn through pain. it sucks, but thats what life is like.
scenario B, you live with a regret of not taking initiative. you live with the idea of "what if" and it can be torturous. hell, to this day, i regret not telling a girl in high school i liked her. i still remember her to this day and its been over 5 years. still remember her smile and all. and it really fucking sucks.
no hidden message in here
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

hitman555z wrote:scenario B, you live with a regret of not taking initiative. you live with the idea of "what if"...
If you never loved, as in such a scenario, there was never any need for initiative. What sort of person regrets something that is completely irrelevant to their life? The scenario put forth here isn't "You were into some chick but never did anything about it", it's "You weren't into anybody." :P
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Xanatos wrote:
hitman555z wrote:scenario B, you live with a regret of not taking initiative. you live with the idea of "what if"...
If you never loved, as in such a scenario, there was never any need for initiative. What sort of person regrets something that is completely irrelevant to their life? The scenario put forth here isn't "You were into some chick but never did anything about it", it's "You weren't into anybody." :P
When you consider that the quote itself was not written about romantic love, but about the love of a friend, it becomes a bit more complicated. :)
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I always went with that. I took the risks, regardless of the consequences. And I am a much stronger, more empathetic person for it.

Still my favorite reply to that line.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.