What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

wazuzu

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by wazuzu »

Agreed, though being retard can also include unwillingly being a prick. E. g. Misha.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

wazuzu wrote:Agreed, though being retard can also include unwillingly being a prick. E. g. Misha.
Except that never happens...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Xanatos wrote:Except that never happens...
How come acting stupidly can't totally insult anyone? Or is there something I'm not getting here?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I think most people would agree that the most hurtful part of the game is playing one arc, then when you play a second one, theres that awful feeling that you've left the previous girl alone to fend for herself.
simmr001 wrote:
I think he's an entitled PRICK in hanakos route.

I think he is in her bad ending. I think he does fine in her good one though. Plus he gives he the best birthday present of all.

Good threads to post your impressions? I'd recommend The Feels Bizarre, This Game is Great, or ,Thank You 4LS. All three can be found down near the bottom of the first page.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
marian11

Post by marian11 »

Katawa Shoujo's bad endings.Every one of them is like a spear to the heart.
pandaphil wrote:I think most people would agree that the most hurtful part of the game is playing one arc, then when you play a second one, theres that awful feeling that you've left the previous girl alone to fend for herself.
Agreed.I felt like shit every time I had to abandon Hanako for any other girl. :/
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

marian11 wrote:Agreed.I felt like shit every time I had to abandon Hanako for any other girl. :/
Even for Lilly? No, srsly, I feel like best Hanako ending is Lilly good ending.
EyesOfLilly

Post by EyesOfLilly »

wazuzu wrote:
marian11 wrote:Agreed.I felt like shit every time I had to abandon Hanako for any other girl. :/
It really is!!
Hanako really comes out of her shell and starts talking to more people other than Hisao and Lilly namely Naomi the girl who sits next to her. and the fact that Hanako feels like she can manage to take a tour of Japan alone with Naomi is also amazing progress for her. Hanako's good ending is sorta bittersweet I hate how short it is it doesn't really go into detail at all
Fave Girls: Lilly >Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
Fave Misc. Characters: Akira>Miki>Yuuko>Misha>Nurse>Kenji>Nomiya>Hideaki>Jigoro
Fave Paths: Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin > Shizune
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

EyesOfLilly wrote:
wazuzu wrote:
It really is!!
Hanako really comes out of her shell and starts talking to more people other than Hisao and Lilly namely Naomi the girl who sits next to her. and the fact that Hanako feels like she can manage to take a tour of Japan alone with Naomi is also amazing progress for her. Hanako's good ending is sorta bittersweet I hate how short it is it doesn't really go into detail at all
What about Natsume? You know, the other member of the newspaper club? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
EyesOfLilly

Post by EyesOfLilly »

Steinherz wrote:What about Natsume? You know, the other member of the newspaper club? :lol:
Haha! not gonna lie I totally forgot about Natsume but she probably talked to her too, it's just that she mainly mentioned Naomi
Fave Girls: Lilly >Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
Fave Misc. Characters: Akira>Miki>Yuuko>Misha>Nurse>Kenji>Nomiya>Hideaki>Jigoro
Fave Paths: Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin > Shizune
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

EyesOfLilly wrote:
Steinherz wrote:What about Natsume? You know, the other member of the newspaper club? :lol:
Haha! not gonna lie I totally forgot about Natsume but she probably talked to her too, it's just that she mainly mentioned Naomi
Well from what is known Natsume would be a bit more... reserved? than Naomi. I mean Hanako does mention that Naomi is "a bit loud sometimes, and a bit tiring", so I'm assuming that (to use a trope) Naomi is the Red Oni while Natsume is the Blue Oni.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Dream

Post by Dream »

The limbless wonders's respective arcs had their share of painful elements. Emi's emotional distance was extremely hurtful for me (not the least because it reminded me of negative past experiences) and left a bitter taste throughtout a majority of her route that was somehow resolved at the time of the (good) ending. Rin's difficulty in expression and communication combined with the "harshness" of some of themes, thoughts or conflicts presented or developed in her route were pretty hard to take as well. It doesn't help that Rin could ocassionally come accross as rude or callous towards Hisao in a lot of her lines.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
FeroxAnima

Post by FeroxAnima »

Well...
I only played through once - Lilly's route (good ending)... But there are lots of stuff that kind of hurt :P
First thing that comes up to mind, and that I must therefore mention, is the way I feel tears welling up in my eyes every single time I hear the slitghtest bit of "Breathlessy".
When Lilly said she decided to leave, I automatically felt as if it was because I did something wrong and I was crying for minutes without being able to stop myself :P Thing is, the next chance I got to play and get to the end of the route was in 3 days, which means that for 3 days I kept trying to keep that music out of my head - and failed xD I went to sleep with tears in each of those nights, it was... sad :P
But in the end I think that the thing that hurts the most is, even though it was the good ending eventually, that it still did feel like an ending. And I haven't had enough... :P So whenever I think of Katawa Shoujo one of the main feelings I get is the will for it all to be real or for my life to be even remotely as satisfying as KS felt, and at the same time, the desperation that's derived out of the knowledge that, well, it isn't real, and my life aren't remotely as satisfying :P
So yeah, I'd say the most hurtful thing that has to do with KS is that I've developed some real feelings towards the characters (Lilly specifically... :P) and that I doubt I'll manage to develop such feelings in real-life. (and doubt even more that I'd manage to get such feelings returned...)
Relevant: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/ ... 4clvo4.png

EDIT:
You know, I kind of annoy myself - I really like to write but my writing is rather awful. This leads to me writing loads of badly-phrased crap :( ^^^^
Last edited by FeroxAnima on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"May the Force be ever in your favor."
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

That one day was a good one.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

FeroxAnima wrote:EDIT:
You know, I kind of annoy myself - I really like to write but my writing is rather awful. This leads to me writing loads of badly-phrased crap :( ^^^^
Do write it anyway. It's important to let go of your excessive emotions, even if it's just some crappy fanfiction. It's even stated in forum FAQ or somewhere out there.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

it's a subtle throw-off line, but my most painful moment was near the end of Rin's arc, when Misha comes in and announces that she and Shizune are going off to Inverness.

Why it hurt so much is going to involve a lot of discussion from other story arcs, so I'm going to put the whole thing in spoiler tags;
Lilly -- is in Inverness also. That means Lilly and Shizune are going to be at each other's throats. They will be making each other miserable and still both be too demon-driven to do anything else.

Hanako -- with Lilly in Inverness, Hanako is going to be completely alone. Without Lilly's support, I can't see Hanako living through another birthday. Hanako won't have the character development from Hisao's presence in either her arc or Lilly's arc.

Shizune -- Shizune has a lot of issues and none of them are going to get addressed. By and large, Shizune relates to people through giving orders. She won't have the student council work to do, so I can't see her taking this out in a non-destructive way. A bored Shizune is a dangerous Shizune.

Misha -- Misha's unrequited love for Shizune is still going to be unresolved. When she goes to Inverness she will be functionally going as Shizune's servant. She'll also be between Shizune and whoever Shizune's target of the minute is. All the bile Shizune pours out will have to get poured through Misha, which can't help but poison Misha as well. All the bad mojo Shizune generates will rub off onto Misha, which means Misha will have no other friends in Inverness. i wonder how long before Misha starts to hate Shizune as much as she loves her.

So -- three women making themselves absolutely miserable, with two possible suicides (Hanako and Misha).
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Liminaut wrote:it's a subtle throw-off line, but my most painful moment was near the end of Rin's arc, when Misha comes in and announces that she and Shizune are going off to Inverness.

Why it hurt so much is going to involve a lot of discussion from other story arcs, so I'm going to put the whole thing in spoiler tags;
Lilly -- is in Inverness also. That means Lilly and Shizune are going to be at each other's throats. They will be making each other miserable and still both be too demon-driven to do anything else.

Hanako -- with Lilly in Inverness, Hanako is going to be completely alone. Without Lilly's support, I can't see Hanako living through another birthday. Hanako won't have the character development from Hisao's presence in either her arc or Lilly's arc.

Shizune -- Shizune has a lot of issues and none of them are going to get addressed. By and large, Shizune relates to people through giving orders. She won't have the student council work to do, so I can't see her taking this out in a non-destructive way. A bored Shizune is a dangerous Shizune.

Misha -- Misha's unrequited love for Shizune is still going to be unresolved. When she goes to Inverness she will be functionally going as Shizune's servant. She'll also be between Shizune and whoever Shizune's target of the minute is. All the bile Shizune pours out will have to get poured through Misha, which can't help but poison Misha as well. All the bad mojo Shizune generates will rub off onto Misha, which means Misha will have no other friends in Inverness. i wonder how long before Misha starts to hate Shizune as much as she loves her.

So -- three women making themselves absolutely miserable, with two possible suicides (Hanako and Misha).
How is Misha a possible suicide? "My friend is angry and it makes me angry!" isn't exactly a life-ruining position.

And did Lilly even go to Iverness in Rin's arc? And which trip are you referring to? She visits once then goes off permanently at the end of her arc (bad end)...Assuming it's the last one, Hanako would be fine. And it's a whole town or city or something...I'm sure Lilly and Shizune can separate as needed. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."