What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

simmr001

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by simmr001 »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Ah yes, Hanako crying. When I first experienced that, I thought that it was the bad ending and I had to fight the urge to go back. Then I was treated to a nice surprised turnaround. It did a TOASTY on me lol.

I was always a fan of the underdogs, the shunned of society in general. I'm a big Eagles fan. You know, football, for the ones that don't live in the US.

I just always cheered on the people who no one else really likes.

As a Katawa Shoujo character, Hanako is very popular. But if she were a real girl in our world, I reckon she would not be liked very much at all. That's what strikes me as so sad. But not to worry, cause she'd have my heart in an instant, as soon as she smiled even once.
American or association?
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^I'm sorry? I don't quite follow. If you're asking if I live in the US, then yes.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:^I'm sorry? I don't quite follow. If you're asking if I live in the US, then yes.
American football or asSOCiation football
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Oh, I get it now. Yeah, American football.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

what hurts the most is how you get treated in certain endings. whether its betrayal and being told to just forget, or you are left alone as if nothing happened that was worth trying to work out.

for rin: neutral ending you have rin just leave you and she moves on with her life. you are left there wondering how you could have helped her or what you could have done and such. you just end up watching her back as she walks off and tells you to forget about her, as if it is that easy
for emi: in the bad ending, she tells you that theres no point in seeing each other. "its been fun, but you are too sweet" or something like that. even when she says seeya around, and hisao counters with a "no you wont" she just shrugs it off and continues running
no hidden message in here
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

What hurts the most? This.

Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Firewind wrote:What hurts the most? This.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/image/1242.jpg
oh believe me, i have a good head on my shoulder that knows the difference between reality and fantasy. and i like to keep them apart, which is why i have this irrational dislike/hate towards cosplay.
no hidden message in here
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

hitman555z wrote:

oh believe me, i have a good head on my shoulder that knows the difference between reality and fantasy. and i like to keep them apart, which is why i have this irrational dislike/hate towards cosplay.
I have an issue with middle aged men trying to cosplay as young girls like the sailor squad. If you're going to do something like that pick an older woman.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

I'm not that fastidious when it comes to cosplay, but...
simmr001 wrote: I have an issue with middle aged men trying to cosplay as young girls like the sailor squad. If you're going to do something like that pick an older woman.
Ok, that's an issue for me, too :/ I mean seriously now...
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Right. I'll keep that in mind Mister "I only exist to serve as comedy relief."
Firewind wrote:I'm not that fastidious when it comes to cosplay, but...
simmr001 wrote: I have an issue with middle aged men trying to cosplay as young girls like the sailor squad. If you're going to do something like that pick an older woman.
I emember those. A bunch of fat, bearded guys dressed in Sailor Moon cosplay. Guys, its not funny. Its pathetic.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

hitman555z wrote:i have a good head on my shoulder...irrational dislike/hate towards cosplay.
So much for that head of yours... :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I don't mind cosplay when its actually good. But the good ones are few and far between.

But hey, its harmless fun. Not worth getting upset over.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:
Firewind wrote:
I emember those. A bunch of fat, bearded guys dressed in Sailor Moon cosplay. Guys, its not funny. Its pathetic.
I don't know, I think it's kind of funny. Then again I've never seen a bearded man cosplaying Sailor Moon. :lol:

Hell every time I've been to Otakon I've seen at least a few guys cosplaying as Misty from Pokemon, which is always good for a laugh. Unfortunately they banned man-Faye from Cowboy Bebop because it's too disturbing. :mrgreen:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:man-Faye

Ugh...THAT hurts the most. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

This looks like a good thread, so I'm going to bump it to encourage continued discussion. It's always relevant regardless of time. You know what hurts the most? Knowing there's grown men holding themselves back and repressing feelings, thinking it makes them more manly. Quite the opposite! It makes you a coward who can't even deal with his own real feelings. Let it out, break all the way down! Then you're more manly.

It looks like some men need some manly picnics to bring themselves to true manhood. Some major disappointments. Even I was at fault for it! For over 6 years I had repressed a great deal of pain. But when I first got to the end of Hanako's Act 2 a little over a year ago, it all came tumbling down and out. And I am so much happier and better for it today!