What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ShadeHaven

What hurts the most?

Post by ShadeHaven »

This question is geared more towards those who've already played ks in its entirety. When going back to play KS or even just talking about it, what hurts your feels' the most?

Is it just seeing a picture of your waifu, or maybe a quote? Maybe its talk of a certain scene. For me, its the first song you hear, Wisona. It was the first thing I heard when I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Every time I hear it, I feel like a slightly absent-minded boy with a heart problem.
Umber

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Umber »

Any good book/visual novel can get me to start hurting at the very beginning. I don't mind going through a story multiple times, because I get the same emotions every run through. Katawa Shoujo was one of those, albeit I took its story and morals to a personal level. Everything equals feels.

Every piece of music was amazing, too. Painful History still makes me cry sometimes.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote:Any good book/visual novel can get me to start hurting at the very beginning. I don't mind going through a story multiple times, because I get the same emotions every run through. Katawa Shoujo was one of those, albeit I took its story and morals to a personal level. Everything equals feels.

Every piece of music was amazing, too. Painful History still makes me cry sometimes.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I honestly don't think I could count the amount of feels I got from KS. I guess to try to answer your question I could said Painful History and Innocence, as far as music goes. There were far too many moments in each of the story paths that struck a chord with me to list them all here.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Every time it rains. Like the "feminist picnic", Rin's good and neutral ends, Lilly's bad, etc. And Hanako's Act 2 video. :cry:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

The music is just... ugh. Especially Wiosna (it plays after every ending, it brings up all the feels) and Three Stars (Misha ;_;).
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Jovereign

Post by Jovereign »

Big spoiler for Hanako - "Among those calling me names and teasing me...were the ones that I thought were my closest friends." - Hanako

My childhood life in a nutshell. :(
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Jovereign wrote:"Among those calling me names and teasing me...were the ones that I thought were my closest friends." - Hanako
It actually sounds a bit like Elfen Lied now that I think about it. :3
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Jovereign wrote:"Among those calling me names and teasing me...were the ones that I thought were my closest friends." - Hanako
Not to mention that Lucy does have a cap that looks similar to Hanako's.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Jovereign

Post by Jovereign »

OtakuNinja wrote:
I never seen that anime yet but have been meaning too, how is it?
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Do both the manga and the anime. Both have gems to call their own.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Jovereign wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
I never seen that anime yet but have been meaning too, how is it?
It's one of the best animes ever made. I suggest you watch it in a dark room, without anyone disturbing you. :cry:

@YZQ No she doesn't? :?
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Her lime-green cap in her civilian attire. The shape reminds me of Hanako's.

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

YZQ wrote:Her lime-green cap in her civilian attire. The shape reminds me of Hanako's.

No. :|
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

No, it's not this particular cap. The screens were Lucy already in (or slowly enraging into) the "Lucy" persona. Or could be that the screens cropped the hat so that I didn't see the whole thing.

Loonie

Post by Loonie »

I honestly thought, during a recent playthrough of some of the paths after what...4 months or so of not going through KS, that surely - by now - me being able to see those moments coming would probably mean I wouldn't break out the feels as easily as before. And for the most part, yeah - I've grown accustomed to most of the VN.

But there are key moments that are just so well put together (meaning, beautifully written, drawn, musically backed AND directed) that it just...it doesn't matter if I see them coming or not. It's absolutely pointless for me to pretend that it doesn't still punch me in the feels, as they say.

The most memorable one is still one that comes together with my favorite track Romance in Andante II. And no...it's not the moreso popular one, even if it is very beautifully done too. Annnnd...no I'm not gonna say which it is. Figure it out for yerselves. :P

Because ultimately, for the purposes of this discussion, I don't think it matters as much. What does matter is that this is one of those works that still brings out the same intensity of emotions even long after it's grown on me and I can see it coming a mile away. That's all that really matters with art I think...that it stands the test of time in evoking an emotional reaction.