What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tsubame

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Tsubame »

What hurts the most is that you know that they dont exist irl and yet......you fell for one of them. Hoping someday you could find a girl like her even if she's disabled.. But yeah reality bites on you at times..

Cosplay Plans in Progress:
Admiral Kizaru -Warring Kingdoms XinZhao -Megaman Black Ace -Aeon-Castlevania
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

Tsubame wrote:What hurts the most is that you know that they dont exist irl and yet......you fell for one of them. Hoping someday you could find a girl like her even if she's disabled.. But yeah reality bites on you at times..
In my humble opinion, the key is not to hope to find a girl just like her, because no one is "just" like any of the girls from the game. However, it is entirely possible that there are some that are even better :D
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

BananaPudding wrote:
Tsubame wrote:What hurts the most is that you know that they dont exist irl and yet......you fell for one of them. Hoping someday you could find a girl like her even if she's disabled.. But yeah reality bites on you at times..
In my humble opinion, the key is not to hope to find a girl just like her, because no one is "just" like any of the girls from the game. However, it is entirely possible that there are some that are even better :D
i concur to that. =D hahaha~

Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Fallen from a building as a result of getting drunk because you can't get a girl in school festival, Of course.

I remember feeling hurt when I do read that ending.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Ultima01

Post by Ultima01 »

BananaPudding wrote:
And yet, it's just not the same. :(
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

Ultima01 wrote:
BananaPudding wrote:
Depressing no? But meh, there are lotsa ppl around the globe~ the question that really matters is, how old are you that time if you find "her"? =3

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah comparing real people to an idealized fictional one is just doomed to failure. Loving a person for themselves feels so much better, and they'll quickly become the most wonderful person in the world to you.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

I think it would have to be the scene where Hanako and Hisao are talking in the park, and she collapses into tears and both of them have a very emotional release while expressing themselves to each other.

Or perhaps the scene between Hisao and Lilly in the fields.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Tsubame wrote:
Ultima01 wrote:
BananaPudding wrote: In my humble opinion, the key is not to hope to find a girl just like her, because no one is "just" like any of the girls from the game. However, it is entirely possible that there are some that are even better :D
Depressing no? But meh, there are lotsa ppl around the globe~ the question that really matters is, how old are you that time if you find "her"? =3
You will never find one that is just like them, as has been said. However what you can do is find out what qualities the girl you fell for has and find someone in rl that has those same qualities. Your not finding Hanako, Lilly or Emi from the game. Your finding your own "Hanako", "Lilly", or "Emi".

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

ArazelEternal wrote:I think it would have to be the scene where Hanako and Hisao are talking in the park, and she collapses into tears and both of them have a very emotional release while expressing themselves to each other.

Or perhaps the scene between Hisao and Lilly in the fields.
But those are both good kinds of hurt. Yeah I still cry like a baby, but they're happy tears.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Pokeman

Post by Pokeman »

The things that gets me the most is just the music that plays. It just reminds me of all the other times the theme has been played, and all the memories and feels in the story. Though the music is beautiful, it's a painful pleasure.

Otherwise, a those pictures like Hanako hugging Hisao at the end or Hiaso holding Lilly in the field also get to me.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I still hurt over the fact that the fanbase isn't larger. I wish it was.
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I still hurt over the fact that the fanbase isn't larger. I wish it was.
I think a lot of that is due to the relative shortness of the VN compared to say a TV show with a huge fanbase
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Well, we still can do whatever we can to spread the word. I wish I knew more about making t-shirts, I'd take a decent picture in and get one made. Then people would be like "Oh, who's that?" I've tried telling everyone I know through facebook posts or just talking. Not many if any have caught on yet.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

I thought the fanbase was comparatively large, actually. It's still nichey as hell, but for a VN, surprisingly many who play VNs at all have played it.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.