What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by OtakuNinja »

Lucy has 3 "hats":

Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Aye. Must be my bad eyesight. Hanako's cap resembled what the street teens will wear in the 1900s - 1920s.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

YZQ wrote:Aye. Must be my bad eyesight.
Or fan art. :P
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

No, it was a screen. Just cropped a bit small.

I'm still sore that Hanako is not a big reader of history...
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

YZQ wrote:No, it was a screen. Just cropped a bit small.

I'm still sore that Hanako is not a big reader of history...
Tis one of the reasons she's so loveable.

I hate history!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Hanako's bad ending. After finishing her good ending, I was overwhelmed with a warm fuzzy feeling. It was beautiful. But I went back and got her bad ending just because I was curious.

After finishing it, and the credits began rolling down the screen, I just stared at the screen in complete shock. That was an incredibly horrible way to end the story of Hanako and Hisao, and I almost completely ruined my experience with her good ending.

Also, Lilly's good ending. I think you know why.

YOU STUPID CUNT! DON'T FUCKING LEAVE!! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE HISAO WHEN YOU ASKED HIM TO STAY WITH YOU FOREVER??!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Oddly enough I found Hanako's Neutral Ending far more shattering than her Bad Ending. The Bad Ending is evil, but it could be that after a few days of space they start over fresh, and try to make it work once more. Her Neutral Ending has this... acceptance. Urgh. :(
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

The realization that I cannot actually hug any of the characters when they display sadness.

I'm not a sympathetic person in most cases, but seeing Hanako being all sad makes me go "FUCK WHY CAN'T I JUMP THROUGH THE SCREEN AND JUST BE LIKE HEY ITS COOL YOURE COOL LETS GO PLAY CHESS OR SOMETHING"

:|
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Carighan wrote:Oddly enough I found Hanako's Neutral Ending far more shattering than her Bad Ending. The Bad Ending is evil, but it could be that after a few days of space they start over fresh, and try to make it work once more. Her Neutral Ending has this... acceptance. Urgh. :(
I didn't find it all that bad. It was a bit sad, but it was also kind of nice. Some major friendzoning, but at least they decide to stay friends rather than completely crushing what they had causing them to have to start fresh. And no scary Hanako face makes it a much better ending than her bad ending :P

Also, in Shizune's route. After you decide weather or not to 'comfort Misha', she falls into a deep depression and talks about taking her own life. That was one of the most heart-breaking moments in the entire game. It makes me think that Misha's bubbly personality is just a cover up for the true feelings she hides deep down inside. It makes me a bit depressed just thinking about it.
EzeCoyote wrote:The realization that I cannot actually hug any of the characters when they display sadness.

I'm not a sympathetic person in most cases, but seeing Hanako being all sad makes me go "FUCK WHY CAN'T I JUMP THROUGH THE SCREEN AND JUST BE LIKE HEY ITS COOL YOURE COOL LETS GO PLAY CHESS OR SOMETHING"

:|
Aslo, the fact that if the characters were real, Rin wouldn't be able to hug me back :cry:
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

KeiichiO wrote:Aslo, the fact that if the characters were real, Rin wouldn't be able to hug me back :cry:
It's the thought that counts!
Umber

Post by Umber »

EzeCoyote wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:Aslo, the fact that if the characters were real, Rin wouldn't be able to hug me back :cry:
It's the thought that counts!
What hurts the most, Emi's stomach after the first time she tried hugging Rin.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:Hanako's bad ending. After finishing her good ending, I was overwhelmed with a warm fuzzy feeling. It was beautiful. But I went back and got her bad ending just because I was curious.

After finishing it, and the credits began rolling down the screen, I just stared at the screen in complete shock. That was an incredibly horrible way to end the story of Hanako and Hisao, and I almost completely ruined my experience with her good ending.

That's why I've been avoiding the bad endings. I know I'd feel icky afterwards too.

Anyway, if it helps, just add the following scene after the credits.

Epilogue:

I bolt upright in bed. I'm sweating, even though its nice and cool in my room, and my hearts pounding like crazy. After a minute, and a few deep breaths, I manage to calm myself.

It takes me a few seconds to realize where I am. I sit there, steadying myself. Its okay. Its fine. It was just a stupid bad dream.

My heartbeat returns to normal as I finish waking up. I go back over the events of the dream, grateful that things didn't turn out that way.

I twould have only taken one bad decision for it all to go wrong Thank God I wasn't that stupid.

It take me a moment to realize the phone by my bed is ringing. I guess thats what woke me up. Pushing aside a few pill bottles, I pick up the phone and flip it open.

Hisao: "Hello?"

My mood improves instantly as a sweet, gentle voice speaks my name.

Hisao: "Oh, hey Hanako*......Sure, I can come over...... No, its no trouble, just let me get dressed.......I love you too."

* or your preferred girl.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
win746

Post by win746 »

Umber wrote: What hurts the most, Emi's stomach after the first time she tried hugging Rin.
This wins the contest, if there was one. :lol:

Just thinking about KS hurts, doesn't help that I have them as my desktop background either. Also when any of the characters started crying (especially Rin), its just depressing.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

pandaphil wrote:*Adorable epilogue that you can read above*
Well, that's certainly a great way to see it :D
Umber

Post by Umber »

KeiichiO wrote:
pandaphil wrote:*Adorable epilogue that you can read above*
Well, that's certainly a great way to see it :D
I feel that whatever Rin would say would create a different response from Hisao.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.