What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ReWrite

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by ReWrite »

When I finished my first route (Emi - good ending) I was torn up for probably a week, the intense feeling from the story was just something I have not felt in years, and some parts that i've never felt, or never connected with in such a way, I have to be honest i'd have been more of a wreck if I got the Lilly story first, as Lilly, and Emi are the types of people I would want to find at my current place in life, Lilly much more-so than Emi

Hearing any of the music illicited a strong emotional response, almost like grief...I finally realize now that i'm just past the sadness feelings, and have finally finished the last arc(Rin) that I was sad the Emi arc was over, and there would be no continuity, a story and characters I was so invested in were just done, and the other arcs shared similarities in their timings of when each step was taken, not to mention they're all bound by the 4 chapters.

It didn't help that my next route was Shizune, the story was sweet, him learning sign language to communicate with her, but the romance wasn't there almost at all, but I could relate because I dated someone who was too stubborn for their own good, competitive, and impulsive in nature sexually, then disappeared for a bit

I can only say now that i've finished all of the arcs that i'm relieved...I need a break emotionally, but i'll be back to f my own life and mental state up again soon most likely.
Akko2099

Post by Akko2099 »

Seeing Rin cry. That broke my heart. I personally relate a lot to her and Hanako.

Other parts where Lilly leaving to Scotland and the last scene in Hanako's good ending. (the moment she broke down and was on the floor)
Rin > Hanako > Lilly > Emi > Misha > Saki > Miki > Yuuko > Akira > Hideaki > Kenji > Shizune
VirginChad

Post by VirginChad »

The full title screen. Even after all these years, it gets me every time. I don't think I'll ever play it again, but it's nice to revisit the old times again.
pippien

Post by pippien »

VirginChad wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:07 am The full title screen. Even after all these years, it gets me every time. I don't think I'll ever play it again, but it's nice to revisit the old times again.
Honestly same. Finally finishing the last route and realizing there’s no more after this made me feel like I’ve lost a close friend, took me more than a week to get over that empty feeling.

Even now seeing the KS icon sitting on my desktop still brings me hints of sadness from time to time, a wonderful game..