Disturbing Questions about Yamaku

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Disturbing Questions about Yamaku

Post by Xanatos »

Fyn wrote:-Well, this isnt a fanfic either :D

- Dude every hospital doctors and nurses do some rounds to check on students. Isnt Yamaku a hospital already?

- Still doesnt explain why he wants you to exercise heavily. Also, have you heard of the proverb "Beware of the nice ones"
- That 'theory' was a fanfic. And a lousy one at that.

- Yamaku is a school. Not a hospital. Hisao doesn't need constant watching. He just needs his pills and precaution.

- Exercise is beneficial for those who have been laid up for weeks letting their muscles atrophy. He specifically warns against heavy exercise. And "beware of the nice ones" is not a proverb. Proverbs express truth, not inane beliefs.

Edit #1: That Cracked article doesn't equate 'nice' with 'dangerous' at all. That article is about things people hate, not danger. And one lousy experiment is hardly scientific proof. Try again with more convincing total bullshit.

Edit #2: "Not providing enough security is just the same as arranging them for their deaths." - Ignoring the fact that they don't NEED security because IT'S A SCHOOL, NOT A PRISON...You're telling me "Your security was lax." is equal to "You arranged their deaths."? Welp. OP confirmed for stupid virus. /thread
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

nope, its called "Criticism"

-Either way, they are handling students who needed extreme attention. Which is something they fail to provide
- Nope, Coma patients needed more Massages than Exercise. Heavy exercises such as running without warm ups can tore your muscles considering you were bedridden for 6 months

It was said: "People only dislike the nice guy if they think he's "raising the bar" for everybody else via his impeccable, shining visage." Also, did you click the links for their researches? I found out that hating the nice guy has been in our evolutionary phase to be on alert against people who are too generous. Too generous = somethings wrong

Its a special school for special people with special needs. Dont use the same rules for normal schools
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

really, reading your post and comment, Fyn, is really creepy in a way
it's a GAME, not real life
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Well, this is the internet. Logic does not apply :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Fyn wrote:nope, its called "Criticism"

-Either way, they are handling students who needed extreme attention. Which is something they fail to provide
- Nope, Coma patients needed more Massages than Exercise. Heavy exercises such as running without warm ups can tore your muscles considering you were bedridden for 6 months

It was said: "People only dislike the nice guy if they think he's "raising the bar" for everybody else via his impeccable, shining visage." Also, did you click the links for their researches? I found out that hating the nice guy has been in our evolutionary phase to be on alert against people who are too generous. Too generous = somethings wrong

Its a special school for special people with special needs. Dont use the same rules for normal schools
There is no legitimate criticism here. Just weird speculations born of reading too much into things. And a fanfiction about why there are so many disabled in one place.

Nobody needs EXTREME attention. They're all given the attention they need. Hisao isn't going to collapse and die at random as long as he takes care of himself.

Hisao isn't a coma patient. And nobody suggested heavy exercise. Nurse suggested stamina-building exercise. And any exercise can tear your muscles. That's what exercise does. That's how muscles get stronger.

A special school does not require 24/7 surveillance of everyone everywhere all the time any more than a normal school.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:Nobody needs EXTREME attention. They're all given the attention they need. Hisao isn't going to collapse and die at random as long as he takes care of himself.

A special school does not require 24/7 surveillance of everyone everywhere all the time any more than a normal school.
To elaborate on this (probably the only worthwhile train of thought in here): Giving Hisao and other students a 24/7 surveillance and care not only sends a wrong message and lesson, but also would likely deteriorate the relationship between staff and student body to a possibly irrecoverable degree. Yamaku is all about allowing them the enviroment where they can get assistance and help for their disability, while giving them the means to have and build a life for themselves. Yes, they could watch Hisao 24/7 and make sure he takes his pills, but all that would ensure is that Hisao feels like a nuisance society is taking care of rather than a valuable human being, and that he would likely die a short time after graduation. I think one can doubt many things in KS, but i don't think there's any doubt on the fact that Yamaku cares about it's students. In fact i don't think any of the themes in the VN would work if they didn't.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Speculation, theories or whatever, this is a pointless argument. :roll:
Nobody needs EXTREME attention. They're all given the attention they need. Hisao isn't going to collapse and die at random as long as he takes care of himself
- Hisao can have any attacks any minutes. Hanako can commit suicide any minute (which is why she goes to therapy every week). Rika Katayama can die any minute. Saki Enomoto has a case so fatally dangerous she should not go to school in the first place.
Nurse suggested stamina-building exercise. And any exercise can tear your muscles. That's what exercise does. That's how muscles get stronger
- Hisao collapse in the middle of sex with Lily and that was after his own self trainings. Imagine how fragile Hisao was during his first day. Yet the nurse still paired him up with Emi either as a friendly thing or he was implying "your not yet strong if you cant compete with her".
Giving Hisao and other students a 24/7 surveillance and care not only sends a wrong message and lesson, but also would likely deteriorate the relationship between staff and student body to a possibly irrecoverable degree. Yamaku is all about allowing them the enviroment where they can get assistance and help for their disability, while giving them the means to have and build a life for themselves. Yes, they could watch Hisao 24/7 and make sure he takes his pills, but all that would ensure is that Hisao feels like a nuisance society is taking care of rather than a valuable human being, and that he would likely die a short time after graduation. I think one can doubt many things in KS, but i don't think there's any doubt on the fact that Yamaku cares about it's students. In fact i don't think any of the themes in the VN would work if they didn't
- There was no "Emergency Button" in Hisao's room and no one broke his door when he never answer.I have no argue in the staff being a nuisance though.
Last edited by Fyn on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:To elaborate on this (probably the only worthwhile train of thought in here): Giving Hisao and other students a 24/7 surveillance and care not only sends a wrong message and lesson, but also would likely deteriorate the relationship between staff and student body to a possibly irrecoverable degree. Yamaku is all about allowing them the enviroment where they can get assistance and help for their disability, while giving them the means to have and build a life for themselves. Yes, they could watch Hisao 24/7 and make sure he takes his pills, but all that would ensure is that Hisao feels like a nuisance society is taking care of rather than a valuable human being, and that he would likely die a short time after graduation. I think one can doubt many things in KS, but i don't think there's any doubt on the fact that Yamaku cares about it's students. In fact i don't think any of the themes in the VN would work if they didn't.
Big Brother is watching you. Big Brother is Nomiya.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Fyn wrote:- Hisao can have any attacks any minutes. Hanako can commit suicide any minute (which is why she goes to therapy every week). Rika Katayama can die any minute. Saki Enomoto has a case so fatally dangerous she should not go to school in the first place.
Not to be rude, but i don't think you understand. Yamaku isn't always going to be there for them in a similar way a mother isn't always going to be there for her children. The place has a very strong emphasis on creating a future for their students, which is constantly alluded to in the many occasion the topic of life and future come up in the VN (specially in Mutou's speeches, i think).
Big Brother is watching you. Big Brother is Nomiya.
... Fits so fucking much :shock:
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Nevertheless, If Yamaku wanted to maintain a good standing name as a Disability school, it must be prepared for the worse
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Fyn wrote:Yet the nurse still paired him up with Emi either as a friendly thing or he was implying "your not yet strong if you cant compete with her".
Welp. You cracked the code. Nurse was secretly a sadistic murderer out to drive Hisao to suicide all along by appealing to his sense of competition. :roll: It couldn't possibly have been that Emi's athleticism combined with her peppy attitude was the ideal mixture to break Hisao of his lazy depression.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

So in order to get Hisao to exercise, he tried to get somebody that does a lot of exercise to help him out.

I'm not seeing what's wrong with this. Should he have tried to get somebody that doesn't exercise any to help out?

I can just see it now.
Nurse: "Well, you need to get some exercise, so in order to make sure you do, I think you should go hang out with Lilly or Misha. They don't exercise either."

On that note, I wonder if the blind students still have to attend gym class?
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:On that note, I wonder if the blind students still have to attend gym class?
"If you can dodge a walking cane, you can dodge a ball."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

- Hisao can have any attacks any minutes. Hanako can commit suicide any minute (which is why she goes to therapy every week). Rika Katayama can die any minute. Saki Enomoto has a case so fatally dangerous she should not go to school in the first place.
That's not what the story says. The truckload of medication he takes basically takes "random" episodes out of the equation. He's still at risk if he gets hit in the chest, or exerts himself too much or doesn't take care of himself. At worst, he gets the occasional random flutter and the nurse insists Hisao tell him whenever it happens. That's also why the nurse is on his case to improve his stamina. To stretch his limits but keep an eye on him at the same time. If Hanako was the type to commit suicide easily, she'd have done so years before she even enrolled at Yamaku. None of the students need constant supervision. The school only takes students who have some degree of self-sufficiency. It's a school above all, not a hospital. The game says so itself.
- Hisao collapse in the middle of sex with Lily and that was after his own self trainings. Imagine how fragile Hisao was during his first day. Yet the nurse still paired him up with Emi either as a friendly thing or he was implying "your not yet strong if you cant compete with her".
There was no self training. Hisao only runs on a regular basis on Emi's route. Hisao doesn't take care of himself very well in Lilly's route. He hardly exercises, he forgets his medication on occasion and he drinks caffeine all the time. The nurse didn't mean for Hisao to race Emi. He simply figured Emi'd be able to motivate him better than he could motivate himself.
I don't see why not. (though it might be optional...the game kinda suggests Lilly's in rather poor physical condition) There seem to be classes specifically for blind or nearly blind students and since Yamaku has a facility for physical therapy, I figure they have stuff like a swimming pool, home trainers and treadmills as well...all stuff blind people can use. Lilly has learned how to swim somewhere, though it's very likely she knew before she came to Yamaku.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Guest Poster wrote:
I don't see why not. (though it might be optional...the game kinda suggests Lilly's in rather poor physical condition) There seem to be classes specifically for blind or nearly blind students and since Yamaku has a facility for physical therapy, I figure they have stuff like a swimming pool, home trainers and treadmills as well...all stuff blind people can use. Lilly has learned how to swim somewhere, though it's very likely she knew before she came to Yamaku.
The fact that during Lilly's first H-Scene flat out (well not specifically but you know what I mean) mentions her hymen breaking kind of lends credence to her physical state as well. (iirc it's more common for physically active girls to have damaged/broken their hymen before their first sexual encounter)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.