Suggestion for KS 2 and a new character

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Yellow 13

Re: Suggestion for KS 2 and a new character

Post by Yellow 13 »

Fyn wrote:
A cliché yandere with an over-the-top backgournd in KS?
First off, theres no such thing as cliched Yandere. For they have no differences to start with. Once you cast a Yandere, the focus is on how to handle and survive her

Second, what do you mean over-the-top? Are you afraid of stepping outside the safety bubble or something? 8)
KS is so good, because it has normal - believable - characters with normal problems
I will be killed for saying this, but the reason why I never finished the game is because it lacked the real conflict and just bored me. Heres why:

In Lily's Arc, Lily was flat and predictable. She has remained pratically the same formal rich lady. And her "Healthy Adolescent Sex Drive" was nothing out of the ordinary dirty Ojou-sama characters which has already been done before and done better. Her ending also felt rushed and clitched. I have seen 2 movies which ended in that chase-the-lover kind of ending.

But what frustrated me the most about Lily is her overly submissive attitude! In school, she was so formal and her voice was dominant. But she cannot even face her parents. She left according to their will without even the smallest protest. If that is your definition of believable then I can bet you are a virgin. Her sister Akira makes a better GF.

Hanako's arc was a good one. I love her panic attacks as it revealed a good portion of how she thinks. But her good ending stinks. The writer relied too much on the backstory which left the character abandoned.
Her bad ending was the best part as it showed how strong she truly was. And how desperate she is in proving her worth to the world. But the writer thought of stopping there. Thank god for Fanfiction though

I am currently playing Rin for I heard that she is a pilosopher then I plan on stopping. I doubt that Emi and Shizune will provide some heart warming story
So edgy
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Fyn

Post by Fyn »

I made it sound as respectful as possible. :(
If that is so edgy, then I apologize
tounymalouny

Post by tounymalouny »

Fyn wrote: I will be killed for saying this, but the reason why I never finished the game is because it lacked the real conflict and just bored me. Heres why:
Have you considered that the reason you believe that is because you didn't actually finish the game? Anyway, it's your opinion, you're entitled to one of your own. You don't have to come to the Katawa Shoujo forums to tell people the game sucked though, that seems really redundant.

This quite is the most ridiculous quite I've seen in a long time:
Fyn wrote:But what frustrated me the most about Lily is her overly submissive attitude! In school, she was so formal and her voice was dominant. But she cannot even face her parents. She left according to their will without even the smallest protest. If that is your definition of believable then I can bet you are a virgin. Her sister Akira makes a better GF.
Are you even trying to make an argument or are you just trying to insult him? What does being a virgin have to do with any of that? You're saying that if someone believes that a girl who lived in another country than her parents for many years would then move to her parents' country when they wanted to, then that someone has never had sex? Just what are you trying to insinuate?

The rest of what you've said are your own personal opinions, I'm not going to argue with those because everyone is entitled to their own.

This thread in general, however, is complete batshit and all you're doing is bashing the game and telling the developers how to make a better prequel/sequel/whatever which they're not even going to do, rendering this entire thread completely unnecessary.
If you'd read the FAQ you'd know this. :roll:
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Nope, i am saying that you have no idea of how a real girl thinks.
P.S
Im also a virgin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But dont be fooled, I am a virgin by choice 8)
This thread in general, however, is complete batshit and all you're doing is bashing the game and telling the developers how to make a better prequel/sequel/whatever which they're not even going to do, rendering this entire thread completely unnecessary.
I already said it on the first page. "I should delete this topic". But dont you feel good that we are having a nice conversation? Something like a break from the normal praises for the so called "Most Sensitive VN ever"?
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

I have a bad feeling about this thread.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Everyone can see that.
It all started in my suggestion. But some guys threw some rude replies. I am only dancing with the music, in the most respectful way. If only I could, I would have already deleted this :P

I admit my mistakes, I hope some people can do the same thing :D
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

Fyn wrote: But dont be fooled, I am a virgin by choice 8)
seems suspicious to me
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

But what frustrated me the most about Lily is her overly submissive attitude! In school, she was so formal and her voice was dominant. But she cannot even face her parents. She left according to their will without even the smallest protest. If that is your definition of believable then I can bet you are a virgin. Her sister Akira makes a better GF.
It's believable if you know a thing or two about Japanese culture. Lilly's family is apparantly fairly traditional and throughout her middle school Lilly was "groomed" as a traditional Japanese young woman. Traditional Japanese values place a strong emphasis on (among other things) utter loyalty to the authority figures of the groups one belongs to. (either bosses or family patriarchs) Most of Lilly's traits...her formality, her politeness, her tendency to try and avoid conflicts at all costs, her loyalty towards her parents, her impeccable manners...are all traditional Japanese values and a result of her upbringing. KS deconstructed the character type by having the same upbringing that resulted in the traits that attracted players to Lilly endanger her relationship with the protagonist.

Seeing that you didn't know this...maybe you should look it up instead of spending your time pondering the dark side of the internet and then equating the possession of this knowledge to one's virginity.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Fyn wrote:Gundam Franchise, Tales Franchise, Final Fantasy series, Fire Emblem Franchise and One Piece Legacy. They never died and the haters never increased unlike the fans of Naruto and Bleach.
Hrm, Final Fantasy didn't fall off it's throne? That's not exactly something I'd agree with, comparing the likes of VI and VII to X, XII or especially Hallways Simulator.
FF mostly lives on in it's companion games, which are usually very quirky and try something else. Revenant Wings was quite good, X-2 was weird as hell but somehow awesome,Theathrythm. Oh, and The Last Story, if you want to play a game by the original Final Fantasy guy. :)

Likewise Tales suffered a lot, with the odd gem in between. Compared Tales of Symphonia 2 to 1, for example. Fire Emblem gets plenty criticism levelled against it every incarnation, but then you can also argue it's very niche to begin with. It's crossover with SMT seems to be a bid to break out, though.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

It's believable if you know a thing or two about Japanese culture. Lilly's family is apparantly fairly traditional and throughout her middle school Lilly was "groomed" as a traditional Japanese young woman. Traditional Japanese values place a strong emphasis on (among other things) utter loyalty to the authority figures of the groups one belongs to. (either bosses or family patriarchs) Most of Lilly's traits...her formality, her politeness, her tendency to try and avoid conflicts at all costs, her loyalty towards her parents, her impeccable manners...are all traditional Japanese values and a result of her upbringing. KS deconstructed the character type by having the same upbringing that resulted in the traits that attracted players to Lilly endanger her relationship with the protagonist.
Dude, when exactly did the events in Katawa Shoujo happened?
We are not in the ages of Geisha anymore! Japan is no longer interested in Yamato Nadeshiko's. In fact, Tsuderes are now the fads.
Also, culture is not an excuse for being a Doormat Girlfriend. I love gentle and formal girls, but when they have to rely on others (especially males), thats a different topic :evil:

P.S
Please refrain from rude insults. I dont want a flamewar :)
Damn,I need to sleep
BlackWaltzTheThird

I hope you don't mean to be claiming that such culture no longer exists. I'm not Japanese nor do I live there, but I would wager a pretty penny that archetype propsers to this day. You could try asking the devs themselves, I'm sure they'd verify this. Cpl_Crud in particular, seeing as the guy has a Japanese wife and lives over there. I'd very much like to know on what credentials you are basing your claims, because I'm highly suspicious about most of your posts.

Aaaand there I go getting involved. Shit.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Still not an excuse for creating a weak willed character. :roll:
Ironic how Katawa Shoujo was supposed to inspire people. But the very canon girl was the most frustrating.

Dont get me wrong, Lily is my waifu, I just wish that the ending was different
BlackWaltzTheThird

Katawa Shoujo was supposed to be a regular VN because they thought it was a good idea. That is all. The inspiration is mere coincidence. So Lilly has a flaw, you say? Gasp! This just in, fictional character is not in fact a Mary Sue! Also she's not canon girl. No girl is canon girl. Everyone wishes something was different. Welcome to the club.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

OP asked for thread deletion. I agree that the concentration of dumb here has exceeded safe margins, but I'm choosing to lock it and leave it as a negative example instead, like a corpse hanging from a gibbet.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.