Suggestion for KS 2 and a new character

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Suggestion for KS 2 and a new character

Post by OtakuNinja »

pandaphil wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Xanatos said it all. This thread is plain stupid and democracy gives me the right to say it. :lol:
Yeah but you guys say that about every thread. :p
Only the new ones, because you guys are to new to notice how stupid they are. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Xanatos said it all. This thread is plain stupid and democracy gives me the right to say it. :lol:
Yeah but you guys say that about every thread. :p
I don't. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I don't think those unanswered questions were all that unanswered, btw. The answer to many of them was implied.
1. Is it true that Yuko and Kenji used to have a relationship?
It's implied, but never stated outright. The devs could have stated it definitely, but it's obvious they chose not to. Sometimes leaving stuff to the imagination is better than spelling out EVERYTHING. Often, good works of fiction create worlds where there's enough unsaid for fans to start speculation and discussion, rather than worlds where EVERYTHING about characters is spelled out.
2. What was the root of Lily and Shizune’s strife?
Personality differences. They used to get along until Shizune became student council president and were forced to work together in that dynamic.Shizune is brash, impatient, impulsive, confrontational and ambitious. Lilly is laid-back, careful, easy going, patient and avoids confrontations. Given that they've known each other for a long time, their inability to work together productively took on a personal element.
3. Misha’s hair, how did she came up with such an idea. And did she choose it before or after Lily and Shizune fought?
Lilly and Shizune have nothing to do with that. Misha changed her hair style after she confessed to Shizune and was turned down. A hairstyle change for a woman is sometimes seen as a sign of being spurned by a loved one in Japan. Why so radical? No idea. Maybe she just likes it...same with the T-shirt. It fits with her loud personality.
4. How was Hanako doing in the 3 years before Lily came to board? (She never met Lily until 3rd year)
Actually, they met somewhere around the second year. How Hanako was doing before she met Lilly? Pretty much how she was doing since her accident...except she wasn't bullied anymore at Yamaku. Most people who knew who she was stopped trying to talk to her a long time ago. Hanako's life was pretty much spent inside her dorm room or her little corner in the library and consisted of trying to avoid as much social interaction as humanly possible.
5. How does Hanako sings? (Lily said Hanako is a singer)
The same way everybody sings.
6. How did Hanako and Lily’s relationship came to be
After Lilly moved into the room next to her, Hanako overheard Lilly comforting a classmate. Feeling lonely herself, Hanako eventually visited Lilly in her room. At first, Hanako was too shy to even talk to Lilly and her visits were completely spent with Lilly talking and Hanako listening. Eventually she worked up the courage to start conversations with her. The rest is history.
7. How does Rin and Emi managed to adapt to each others differences?
You mean personality differences? They didn't need to adapt. Given their own issues, Rin and Emi are perfectly "safe" friends for each other. For Emi, Rin is safe because she knows Rin is happy to hang out with her and whenever her traumatic experiences start clouding her mood, she knows Rin will either be unwilling or unable to dig into her past. For Rin, Emi is safe because Emi prefers relatively shallow human relationships and thus isn't bothered that she can't communicate with Rin on a deeper level.
Only the normal people believes that special people needs special attention. Just look at how Lily, Hanako, Shizune, Emi, Rin, Meiko and so many other characters can live with their disfigurements. Had they ever tried to blame their differences for not being able to live a good life?
NO!
I suppose you meant Miki instead of Meiko, right?

Hanako and Emi definitely feel resentful about their condition in their own way. Hanako states outright she's happy she was able to come to Yamaku because it's become a place for her to belong (to some degree) and she's at least not bullied here anymore. And the special attention consists of an on-campus nursing staff, physical and mental therapy department and many other little adjustments to allow the students to focus more on their study and less on day-to-day coping with their condition.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Guest Poster wrote:I don't think those unanswered questions were all that unanswered, btw. The answer to many of them was implied.
This is why he should have finished the game first... :lol: It's like playing up to the start of Lilly's second act then posting to ask what her conflict is...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote: :lol: It's like playing up to the start of Lilly's second act then posting to ask what her conflict is...
:o Lilly had a conflict? Uh oh I'd better go replay her route! /sarcasm
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Please feel free to throw around ideas for new characters, but if you want to actually see their stories, I recommend you go to the fanfiction section and start to write!

As for the character the OP suggested, I don't think she would fit very well in the KS universe, because
a) Yamaku doesn't admit mental patients, especially not those that might be a danger to her classmates.
b) A cliché yandere with an over-the-top backgournd in KS? KS is so good, because it has normal - believable - characters with normal problems. Not someone whom their parents threw off a cliff to collect insurance money^^° Who'd ever get a silly idea like that?
c) It's mentioned in b) but it's woth mentioning again: Yandere in KS?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Who'd ever get a silly idea like that?
A writer of bad fanfiction who thought it was good fanfiction.
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Im in a wrong world arent I?
It is obvious that you guys has never seen the dark side of the internet. Ive seen too much of it :wink:

Ive seen parents who sold their children to slavery,prostitution or just sold their kidneys. Ive seen a charity who sold their orphans for science till they have gone insane. Ive seen parents who tried to cure their children out of insanity...by killing them
And that is just the soft side I doubt that you guys has even seen some War injuries and read some Nazi Experiments

The realism of characters depends on which side of the world you were born. You may call me a delusional man, I may call you the stupid ones. Which is exactly why we need respect :D

God, how I envy your innocence
tounymalouny

Post by tounymalouny »

Fyn wrote:Im in a wrong world arent I?
It is obvious that you guys has never seen the dark side of the internet. Ive seen too much of it :wink:

Ive seen parents who sold their children to slavery,prostitution or just sold their kidneys. Ive seen a charity who sold their orphans for science till they have gone insane. Ive seen parents who tried to cure their children out of insanity...by killing them
And that is just the soft side I doubt that you guys has even seen some War injuries and read some Nazi Experiments

The realism of characters depends on which side of the world you were born. You may call me a delusional man, I may call you the stupid ones. Which is exactly why we need respect :D

Dark side of the internet? Oh boy, I didn't know wikipedia and cracked.com were so dark.
Last edited by tounymalouny on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Damn, I feel so insulted. Are you expecting me to provide some guro sites or something? :(
I was only giving infos dude

Please be so rude, im never good at flamewars :(
Last edited by Fyn on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

MUH GRIMDARKNESS
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yes the world sucks. But why dwell on the pain and misery that we can't do anything about? Life is short, so squeeze whatever bits of happiness you can out of it, and stop dwelling on the negatives. All you do is make yourself miserable.

Thats the one thing I learned from KS.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Dark side of the internet? Ha! I've seen the dark side of real life.

And as far as dark side of the internet goes, that isn't even close.

First, stop being a drama queen.

Second, just because something does happen, doesn't mean it's appropriate for the setting and fandom you're working with. Just because it's possible for somebody to cut up a bunch of dead bodies and make furniture out of them mean that character should show up on Sex and the City.

There's also a saying that fits this. "Somethings only happen in real life and bad fiction."
Not Dead Yet
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

A cliché yandere with an over-the-top backgournd in KS?
First off, theres no such thing as cliched Yandere. For they have no differences to start with. Once you cast a Yandere, the focus is on how to handle and survive her

Second, what do you mean over-the-top? Are you afraid of stepping outside the safety bubble or something? 8)
KS is so good, because it has normal - believable - characters with normal problems
I will be killed for saying this, but the reason why I never finished the game is because it lacked the real conflict and just bored me. Heres why:

In Lily's Arc, Lily was flat and predictable. She has remained pratically the same formal rich lady. And her "Healthy Adolescent Sex Drive" was nothing out of the ordinary dirty Ojou-sama characters which has already been done before and done better. Her ending also felt rushed and clitched. I have seen 2 movies which ended in that chase-the-lover kind of ending.

But what frustrated me the most about Lily is her overly submissive attitude! In school, she was so formal and her voice was dominant. But she cannot even face her parents. She left according to their will without even the smallest protest. If that is your definition of believable then I can bet you are a virgin. Her sister Akira makes a better GF.

Hanako's arc was a good one. I love her panic attacks as it revealed a good portion of how she thinks. But her good ending stinks. The writer relied too much on the backstory which left the character abandoned.
Her bad ending was the best part as it showed how strong she truly was. And how desperate she is in proving her worth to the world. But the writer thought of stopping there. Thank god for Fanfiction though

I am currently playing Rin for I heard that she is a pilosopher then I plan on stopping. I doubt that Emi and Shizune will provide some heart warming story
Last edited by Fyn on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Wow, so many replies. Let me read them one by one
Dark side of the internet? Ha! I've seen the dark side of real life.

And as far as dark side of the internet goes, that isn't even close
I know man, I was giving information. Not competing on who is has a darker personality
just because something does happen, doesn't mean it's appropriate for the setting and fandom you're working with
LOL, finally, someone who can understand. Im so glad to have met you :lol: