Career Day

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

StudyOfWumbology

Re: Career Day

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Umber wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote: Alright, how about full-on portal reference?

Hisao: Either an instructor or an engineer for Aperture. Possibly both.
Lilly: Shizune probably felt obligated to offer her a desk job.
Shizune: CEO of Aperture Science
Misha: The Caroline to Shizune's Cave Johnson.
Emi: Field tester for just about everything, including the portal gun and the long-fall boots.
Hanako: Probably working with Lilly, just because I can't think of anything quirky. Probably feels bad for the companion cubes.
Rin: Designs testing chambers. Would later be responsible for the art errenously attributed to ratman.
I would think Hanako would help design something, she loves computers so much. Maybe the singing turrets?
Really? You want Hanako to design the strange little pathological death machines?
She would add flamethrowers to them.
I am a terrible person.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Umber

Post by Umber »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote: Really? You want Hanako to design the strange little pathological death machines?
She would add flamethrowers to them.
I am a terrible person.
She already built herself a flamethrower-ing mech suit, she had to do it so Kenji wouldn't rise to power.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Umber wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote: Alright, how about full-on portal reference?

Hisao: Either an instructor or an engineer for Aperture. Possibly both.
Lilly: Shizune probably felt obligated to offer her a desk job.
Shizune: CEO of Aperture Science
Misha: The Caroline to Shizune's Cave Johnson.
Emi: Field tester for just about everything, including the portal gun and the long-fall boots.
Hanako: Probably working with Lilly, just because I can't think of anything quirky. Probably feels bad for the companion cubes.
Rin: Designs testing chambers. Would later be responsible for the art errenously attributed to ratman.
I would think Hanako would help design something, she loves computers so much. Maybe the singing turrets?
Really? You want Hanako to design the strange little pathological death machines?
But Aperture doesn't design death machines...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote: Really? You want Hanako to design the strange little pathological death machines?
If that's the case, then Rin designing the blueprints would be more dangerous.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
:lol: How so? Rin would never finish a blueprint.

Say, remember the space core?

PARFAIT CORE!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:
Umber wrote:
Xanatos wrote: But Aperture doesn't design death machines...
:lol: How so? Rin would never finish a blueprint.

Say, remember the space core?

PARFAIT CORE!
I want to put Yuuko in somewhere, but I think she'd lose it working for somewhere so unpredictable as Aperture, poor girl is so delicate.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:I want to put Yuuko in somewhere, but I think she'd lose it working for somewhere so unpredictable as Aperture, poor girl is so delicate.
Yuuko would be the dedicated yet modest assistant who is inevitably forced against her will to become part of an AI control system, at which point she floods the facility with neurotoxin to take revenge. And also she gives birth to a bothersome stubborn child of ambiguous ethnicity.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote:I want to put Yuuko in somewhere, but I think she'd lose it working for somewhere so unpredictable as Aperture, poor girl is so delicate.
Yuuko would be the dedicated yet modest assistant who is inevitably forced against her will to become part of an AI control system, at which point she floods the facility with neurotoxin to take revenge. And also she gives birth to a bothersome stubborn child of ambiguous ethnicity.
I don't even know anymore.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mutou would be Cave. Misha would be Wheatley. And Rin...Rin would be the fact core.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:
Yuuko would be the dedicated yet modest assistant who is inevitably forced against her will to become part of an AI control system, at which point she floods the facility with neurotoxin to take revenge. And also she gives birth to a mute lunatic of ambiguous ethnicity.
Revised for accuracy.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Well... so much for a topic about careers...
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Perfect career for Rin: Barber pole. She wears a red-and-white-striped uniform and just stands outside the barber's yelling inane, obvious things like "Here's a barber!" "Come get your hair cut!" "I'm the barber pole!"
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:"I'm the barber pole!"
This...Just this.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
This...Just this.
And she has to say all lines in an upbeat Emi-esque tone...But that one line in particular will always be deadpan.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
Umber wrote:
This...Just this.
And she has to say all lines in an upbeat Emi-esque tone...But that one line in particular will always be deadpan.
I would love to see that. Someone NEEDS to make a short animation like this.