The Mutou Appreciation Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: The Mutou Appreciation Thread

Post by YZQ »

At that age, I wasn't that much into listening to advice. Then again, it's close to 10 years since I left high school.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Umber

Post by Umber »

YZQ wrote:At that age, I wasn't that much into listening to advice. Then again, it's close to 10 years since I left high school.
At that age, no one really listens to anything. Ever. There's something about teenagers that, while they ignore most everything they're told, they follow what they can piece together themselves.

Thankfully, Mutou's somewhat relevant talk-scenes actually do something in Katawa Shoujo most of the time. Hisao might've been more of an idiot without his teacher's help. Not that it was what Mutou was intending to help with, but still.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mutou is Wilson to the rest of Yamaku's Tim Allen.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

I agree he's an underrated character. Without him some of the relationships wouldn't have worked !
aidz

Post by aidz »

Umber wrote: Thankfully, Mutou's somewhat relevant talk-scenes actually do something in Katawa Shoujo most of the time. Hisao might've been more of an idiot without his teacher's help. Not that it was what Mutou was intending to help with, but still.
This is a great point, like I always saw the Mutou scenes at great plot devices, instead of having Hisao just suddenly realise he's messed up

I always got a kinda father/son vibe from the relation Mutou has with Hisao in some arcs, maybe that's just me ;D
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

aidz wrote:
Umber wrote: Thankfully, Mutou's somewhat relevant talk-scenes actually do something in Katawa Shoujo most of the time. Hisao might've been more of an idiot without his teacher's help. Not that it was what Mutou was intending to help with, but still.
This is a great point, like I always saw the Mutou scenes at great plot devices, instead of having Hisao just suddenly realise he's messed up

I always got a kinda father/son vibe from the relation Mutou has with Hisao in some arcs, maybe that's just me ;D
Not the only one. His father seemed kinda dickish in backstory so I can buy the kinship between them.

We had a mutou for PE.My favourite and simmr's most despised teacher up until GCSE. he was so obsessed over his subject, he'd pull students out of mentor to work on their physical fitness and if you weren't interested he would drone on and on on until you knew everything about it. Cared about his students though, and thought enough of them to learn extra subject material to help students with their homework.

Yet we still send him Christmas cards. Simmr sends him gifts. Last year a book on sports anatomy
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

rockin robin wrote:His father seemed kinda dickish in backstory so I can buy the kinship between them.
You mean the backstory where he goes "You're going to a new school"? Yeah, what a dick. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Xanatos wrote:
rockin robin wrote:His father seemed kinda dickish in backstory so I can buy the kinship between them.
You mean the backstory where he goes "You're going to a new school"? Yeah, what a dick. :lol:
I meant the not around at all part. He mentioned it somewhere.

Also he wasn't very subtle with it. Just your going deal with it.
aidz

Post by aidz »

rockin robin wrote: I meant the not around at all part. He mentioned it somewhere.

not really much wrong with not being around

maybe he's working exceptionally hard so that Hisao could afford to go to Yamaku

DON'T JUDGE HIM TILL YOU KNOW HIS STORY
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I meant the not around at all part. He mentioned it somewhere.
Hisao mentioned his parents worked a lot and weren't home often.

I'm not quite getting how having a job is dickish.
And how should he have done it, act like everything was normal until the point where he drives Hisao to a different school? Even the doctor said going to his old school again might cause problems, and the family couldn't home school him. Hisao's dad tried to put the best spin on it he could.
Not Dead Yet
Umber

Post by Umber »

Oddball wrote:
And how should he have done it, act like everything was normal until the point where he drives Hisao to a different school? Even the doctor said going to his old school again might cause problems, and the family couldn't home school him. Hisao's dad tried to put the best spin on it he could.
We could go off on a debate here, but I'll just slip in and say that telling people stuff like this is never easy. The recipient of the bad news usually pieces together the facts and/or factoids, and that's where their logic drags down their emotions.

And Hisao really never quite was the smart one when it came to his emotions, so. Yeah.

I'm not saying it's Hisao's fault for reacting the way he did, and I wouldn't blame the dad for not knowing how to present Hisao's new enrollment into a school for the disabled. I wouldn't expect him to know how to, either, since there really isn't a 'right' way. At least he tried.

[/neutrality]
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I appreciate Mutou for not succumbing to his urge to kill Misha every time she Wahaha-ed.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

KeiichiO wrote:I appreciate Mutou for not succumbing to his urge to kill Misha every time she Wahaha-ed.
I think he'd miss it when it was gone