If you witnessed someone bullying Hanako...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: If you witnessed someone bullying Hanako...

Post by Xanatos »

Tsu wrote:(Actually, as a matter of fact I haven't even played the game yet, let alone Hanako's route; I downloaded it just now and I'm unsure whether to do Rin or Hanako first, though I'm leaning towards Rin, having seen her touched upon in a Let's Play of Emi's route that I watched.)
LPs of a visual novel? YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Xanatos wrote:
Tsu wrote:(Actually, as a matter of fact I haven't even played the game yet, let alone Hanako's route; I downloaded it just now and I'm unsure whether to do Rin or Hanako first, though I'm leaning towards Rin, having seen her touched upon in a Let's Play of Emi's route that I watched.)
LPs of a visual novel? YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
Xanatos is right yet again.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
KeiichiO wrote: most importantly a penis
What if she is secretly a shemale and is really good at hiding hers?
Umm, well, we've seen her naked, so I don't think that's the case... O.O
Umber

Post by Umber »

KeiichiO wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Hisao...would've noticed.
"Help me, Hisao..."
"This isn't something frie- HOLY HELL, RIN!"
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

KeiichiO wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:
You never know.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

We're really using a transphobic slur ("shemale") while joking about a transphobic "stealthy deciever" stereotype that's gotten thousands of trans people killed and one of my friends severely beaten and permenantly injured for existing while trans?

I find that neither tasteful nor well-founded.
Particularly in light of the fact that transsexualism is a medically recognised condition that's generally considered inborn among people who research that kind of thing.
This is backed by years of failing to successfully treat transsexualism via anything other than allowing the trans person whatever hormonal treatment and surgery they wish and treating them as their identified gender.
So you are, in effect, slurring and disrespecting people for an inborn medical condition you seemingly have not researched in the least, even as you talk about how you'd not allow the direct equivalent to befall the likes of Hanako, and consider it reprehensible.

I'm disappointed that you would participate in something like this, given my initial impression of you all.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tsu wrote:I'm disappointed that you would participate in something like this, given my initial impression of you all.
"Boo hoo, people joke about things!"

Cry me a river. -_- And "shemale" isn't "transphobic". It's a fusion of words denoting the sexes, appropriately applied to denote...Both sexes.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
Tsu wrote:I'm disappointed that you would participate in something like this, given my initial impression of you all.
"Boo hoo, people joke about things!"

Cry me a river. -_-
Thank you. I wasn't sure how to respond to that, but I think you've chosen the correct words.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Honestly, I can laugh at cripple jokes despite my condition being the basis for a childhood full of abuse, contempt, and repressed issues galore. What is everyone else's problem? Thicken up that skin, people. Especially on the internet. >.>
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:Honestly, I can laugh at cripple jokes despite my condition being the basis for a childhood full of abuse, contempt, and repressed issues galore. What is everyone else's problem? Thicken up that skin, people. Especially on the internet. >.>
Yeah, and especially on the Katawa Shoujo forums. A good majority of the KS fans are 4chan members. You can expect far more offensive jokes in the future. Just a warning.
Umber

Post by Umber »

KeiichiO wrote: Thank you. I wasn't sure how to respond to that, but I think you've chosen the correct words.
I don't know how to respond.

I'd put the blame on society and the media for giving us a label, and not many other ways to go around said label. Don't think anyone here meant to use the word 'shemale' in a hateful way, and the context isn't aimed at demoting anyone in particular. Please don't take it personally, sometimes people are just unaware, myself included.

Otherwise, look at Xanatos' post. Treat us like a group of friends, where we can make puns that are offensive because we understand that a joke is what it is – a joke. If you take offense, I'd understand, but you can't expect everyone to change. This is the internet, and all the rules that come with it apply.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Umber wrote:
KeiichiO wrote: Thank you. I wasn't sure how to respond to that, but I think you've chosen the correct words.
I don't know how to respond.

I'd put the blame on society and the media for giving us a label, and not many other ways to go around said label. Don't think anyone here meant to use the word 'shemale' in a hateful way, and the context isn't aimed at demoting anyone in particular. Please don't take it personally, sometimes people are just unaware, myself included.

Otherwise, look at Xanatos' post. Treat us like a group of friends, where we can make puns that are offensive because we understand that a joke is what it is – a joke. If you take offense, I'd understand, but you can't expect everyone to change. This is the internet, and all the rules that come with it apply.
I particularly like the 34th rule of the internet :twisted:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:A good majority of the KS fans are 4chan members.
Show me statistics. I have to know which of you to hate for your awful taste in websites. :lol:
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
Show me statistics. I have to know which of you to hate for your awful taste in websites. :lol:
Well, 4chan not only confuses me, but scares me as well. So I'm not really a fan.

(You realize Katawa Shoujo was made by 4chan members?)
Last edited by KeiichiO on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Well, 4chan not only confuses me, but scares me as well. Show I'm not really a fan.

(You realize Katawa Shoujo was made by 4chan members?)
Yes. Doesn't mean it's not a horrible site both in content and general layout design. :lol: