If you witnessed someone bullying Hanako...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: If you witnessed someone bullying Hanako...

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:I really wish everyone would stop arguing.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:I really wish everyone would stop arguing. We need to get back to dealing with that asshole who's bothering Hanako.
He's already been dealt with. It was universally agreed that my method was best. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

I agree that there's probably not much point in continuing the discussion, but i would just like to say that it's really sad that someone felt so hurt by something that happened here that they're not going to return to this forum and will probably keep very unpleasant memories of the place.

And yeah, we already owned the bullies, and most of us agree that we would try to do something if Hanako was being bullied.

It makes me wonder, if you saw, instead of Hanako, someone like Shizune, Kenji or Suzu getting bullied, what would you do?
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Dream wrote:I agree that there's probably not much point in continuing the discussion, but i would just like to say that it's really sad that someone felt so hurt by something that happened here that they're not going to return to this forum and will probably keep very unpleasant memories of the place.

And yeah, we already owned the bullies, and most of us agree that we would try to do something if Hanako was being bullied.

It makes me wonder, if you saw, instead of Hanako, someone like Shizune, Kenji or Suzu getting bullied, what would you do?
No kidding. We take pride in this place being a nice haven for people who love KS. This sort of petty crap shouldn't be happening here!

As for the others being bullied. I'd go and find the nurse. The dude would probably need one after Shizune and Misha got done with them. :)

But really, I'd watch closely and see how the person being bullied was handling it. If they were obviously in trouble, I'd step in no matter who it was. Having had it done to me, I have a low tolerance for that kind of crap.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

From TV Tropes' character page, there's a one-liner describing each girl. I'll reproduce them here for easy reference.

Emi - Can you stand up for yourself?
Hanako - Can you face your fears?
Lily - Can you see what I see?
Rin - Can you seize the day?
Shizune - Can you tell me what you think?

While the one-liners directly reference the disability the girls have, something tells me a little switch-around wouldn't look out of place.

Hanako - Can you stand up for yourself?
Emi - Can you face your fears?
Lily - Can you seize the day?
Shizune - Can you see what I see?
Rin - Can you tell me what you think?

Hanako - Standing up for herself is probably the one thing she has to overcome, perhaps even more so than her fears or misgivings.
Emi - Her issues surrounding the accident had to be aired before she can truly move on.
Lily - Seizing the day, and living her life as what she really wanted (and not bending to the wishes of her parents or anyone else) is what she experienced.
Shizune - I interpret this line as Shizune trying to get others to understand that her competitive streak is ultimately fundamental to her character. She would like to be different at times, but she just couldn't.
Rin - I interpret this line as Rin clearly expressing herself, so that she may, among others, actually tell Nomiya her misgivings about her exhibition. While ultimately she did not do so in her story, something tells me that she is beginning on the path.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Trivun

Post by Trivun »

If this was like a scenario where I'm a character in the VN, or if Hanako was real, then it would depend on which of two situations we're in. In the first, I don't know Hanako, so I'd simply react as I would with anyone else. I'd head over there and try to defend her, because I hate bullies (I was bullied myself, though thankfully never physically), and use violence if needed but otherwise would effectively just try to defend an innocent in a tough spot. The defining point here is that it's unknown whether Hanako would be grateful, or react in a negative way to what could potentially appear to be a bit more of a 'white knight' reaction on my part by charging in to help.

In the second case, I would already know Hanako, and thus would have a better idea of how she'd react to me helping. That said, I would still help, and still use whatever means necessary to get rid of the bullies, but my behaviour in doing so would possibly be a bit more restrained to try and keep Hanako from feeling I was simply treating her as someone to be saved (even if, in that singular scenario, it's actually true). :P

Xbox Live: Trivun117
Steam: Trivun
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Trivun wrote:If this was like a scenario where I'm a character in the VN, or if Hanako was real, then it would depend on which of two situations we're in. In the first, I don't know Hanako, so I'd simply react as I would with anyone else. I'd head over there and try to defend her, because I hate bullies (I was bullied myself, though thankfully never physically), and use violence if needed but otherwise would effectively just try to defend an innocent in a tough spot. The defining point here is that it's unknown whether Hanako would be grateful, or react in a negative way to what could potentially appear to be a bit more of a 'white knight' reaction on my part by charging in to help.

In the second case, I would already know Hanako, and thus would have a better idea of how she'd react to me helping. That said, I would still help, and still use whatever means necessary to get rid of the bullies, but my behaviour in doing so would possibly be a bit more restrained to try and keep Hanako from feeling I was simply treating her as someone to be saved (even if, in that singular scenario, it's actually true). :P

That's it exactly, and why I'd take a moment to watch what was happening. If she were feeling confident enough to lash out at the other person, I wouldn't interfere. But if she appeared to be shutting down or if the other person were getting aggressive, I'd just walk over with a friendly, "Hey, hows it going?" In most cases I think that would be enough to defuse any situation. Perhaps give the bully a cold hard look, or some other subtle sign that let them know to back the hell off, but without giving the impression that I was there on my white horse.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:
Trivun wrote:If this was like a scenario where I'm a character in the VN, or if Hanako was real, then it would depend on which of two situations we're in. In the first, I don't know Hanako, so I'd simply react as I would with anyone else. I'd head over there and try to defend her, because I hate bullies (I was bullied myself, though thankfully never physically), and use violence if needed but otherwise would effectively just try to defend an innocent in a tough spot. The defining point here is that it's unknown whether Hanako would be grateful, or react in a negative way to what could potentially appear to be a bit more of a 'white knight' reaction on my part by charging in to help.

Thats it exactly. Thats why I'd take a moment to watch what was happening. If she were feeling confindent to lash out at the other person, I wouldn't interfere. But if she appeared to be shutting down or if the other person were getting aggresive, I'd just walk over with a friendly, "Hey, hows it going?" In most cases I think that would be enough to defuse any situation. Perhaps give the bully a cold hard look, or some other subtle sign that let the bully know to back the hell off, but without giving the impression that I was there on my white horse.
"cold hard look" You mean a Kubrick Stare? It is a good way to say "fuck off. now" (I am skilled in doing this expression, since while not physically imposing my imagination scares the shit out of people).
Personally I would do that stare, say something along the lines of "Is there a problem?" all the while keeping my face emotionless. That usually scares people off right quick. If that doesn't work and it has to get physical, well I know quite a few places to hit that can induce quite a lot of pain :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:I agree that there's probably not much point in continuing the discussion, but i would just like to say that it's really sad that someone felt so hurt by something that happened here that they're not going to return to this forum and will probably keep very unpleasant memories of the place.

Suzu wouldn't get bullied on account of she never moves from her desk anyway. Kenji...Hell, I'd grab popcorn. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
CaptPonyholder

Post by CaptPonyholder »

KeiichiO wrote:I sure do love making topics! ^_^

Anyway, this is my response to the, "If you could bully Hanako in the game" thread. So, if you saw someone picking on Hanako weather it was about her scars or not, how would you react? Me being the irrational person I am, I'd probably punch them in the face, following by scolding them. I hate bullying that much. I'm not sure how Hanako would react to that, she might not like it because it just brings more attention to her, but I think at that point, my emotions would have taken over.

That's how I would react, how would you?

Also, this doesn't have to be just Hanako, it could be Emi, or any fictional character really. (Mostely KS characters. This is the KS forums :P)
*sees someone being bullied*
*Punches Bully in Face*
*Grabs Bully by Shirt*
*Shoves Bully into any container around*
*Walks away, continuing to listen to music*

EDIT: Mind you, I used to bully quite a bit when I was a kid, just finishing my stint as the "HighSchool Asshole" so it wouldn't seem out of character for me to punch someone in the face and dump them into something. I gave swirlies like pedo's gave candy. Mind you, I would never harass a girl that wasn't harassing me. Guys... they are a different story.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

CaptPonyholder wrote:Mind you, I would never harass a girl that wasn't harassing me. Guys... they are a different story.

The above post is stupid. Incredibly, painfully, irredeemably stupid. I feel the need to point that out.

If you're gonna be a bully, don't half-ass it just because a potential target has no dick. "Oh, I wouldn't harass a girl, just guys. Because, you know, they're totally different and it totally matters in even the slightest way!" "Hitting girls is wrong!...But yeah, I just shoved some dude's head in the toilet." Females are not precious. They're not special. Everyone needs to quit pretending otherwise. Either be a bully or don't but you can take girls off the damn pedestal already, world. Stupid, illogical, mindless, idiotic, worthless, inane double standard bullshit...Five points to whoever can guess my pet peeve. :D

On-topic: As a former bully (who harassed guys and girls both because they're the same targets and I prefer not to contribute to a baseless sense of entitlement to special treatment, I'd be as likely to pass on by as help her out. Depends on the extent of the bullying witnessed. And if I did help, it'd be with a quick kick or punch to any of numerous very senstitive-to-pain areas, a sarcastic quip, and a calm stroll away. And for the record, when I'd harass girls, I'd always get that double standard crap and deliver (a variant of) the above speech. If the person was a girl, I'd smack her just to reinforce my point.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote: If you're gonna be a bully, don't half-ass it just because a potential target has no dick. "Oh, I wouldn't harass a girl, just guys. Because, you know, they're totally different and it totally matters in even the slightest way!" "Hitting girls is wrong!...But yeah, I just shoved some dude's head in the toilet." Females are not precious. They're not special. Everyone needs to quit pretending otherwise. Either be a bully or don't but you can take girls off the damn pedestal already, world. Stupid, illogical, mindless, idiotic, worthless, inane double standard bullshit...Five points to whoever can guess my pet peeve. :D

On-topic: As a former bully (who harassed guys and girls both because they're the same targets and I prefer not to contribute to a baseless sense of entitlement to special treatment, I'd be as likely to pass on by as help her out. Depends on the extent of the bullying witnessed. And if I did help, it'd be with a quick kick or punch to any of numerous very senstitive-to-pain areas, a sarcastic quip, and a calm stroll away. And for the record, when I'd harass girls, I'd always get that double standard crap and deliver (a variant of) the above speech. If the person was a girl, I'd smack her just to reinforce my point.
I'm guessing your pet peeve is double standards involving men and women? If so, I agree. So much.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote: If you're gonna be a bully, don't half-ass it just because a potential target has no dick. "Oh, I wouldn't harass a girl, just guys. Because, you know, they're totally different and it totally matters in even the slightest way!" "Hitting girls is wrong!...But yeah, I just shoved some dude's head in the toilet." Females are not precious. They're not special. Everyone needs to quit pretending otherwise. Either be a bully or don't but you can take girls off the damn pedestal already, world. Stupid, illogical, mindless, idiotic, worthless, inane double standard bullshit...Five points to whoever can guess my pet peeve. :D

I'm guessing your pet peeve is double standards involving men and women? If so, I agree. So much.
Double standards involvi- NO! My pet peeve is too much bread in the bread:filling ratio of a sandwich. Pay attention.

I mean, double standards is another one. But that sandwich thing...Yeah. Fuck bread.

This is an exchange I had once after bullying a chick (note: she deserved it for being a bitch): "Don't hit girls!" Why? "It's wrong!" What if they deserve it? "Nothing girls do makes harassing them okay!" Yeah? You should go enlighten the cops. They arrested a bunch of girls in the 60s just because they gruesomely murdered people. "Well...They deserved it." Ooh, so now we're playing the flip-flop game? Tell ya what: I'll keep harassing whoever I damn well please, and you can keep being a Republican.

This one was after bullying a girl who didn't deserve it, but I was misguided then so sue me: "You shouldn't hit girls!" Yeah? Why? "It's wrong!" So hitting guys is right? "Uh...No." So why leave them out? "..."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I totally forgot the purpose of this thread. Could you guys remind me again why I made it??
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:I totally forgot the purpose of this thread. Could you guys remind me again why I made it??
If I witnessed Hanako getting bullied, I'd derail the bully. 8)