The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yassodude

Re: How to sleep after Lilly's arc?

Post by yassodude »

The exact same thing happeend to me , instead of trying to forget about , I did the opposite.
I thought really hard about it , envied that Son of a !@#$ , prayed god I'd find someone good in life , played the most touching parts over and over in my head so they didn't carry as much significance , realised that it's a game and there exists no girls with witch you will have an awesome love story like in KS (probably) Cried some less-than-manly tears , got in a fight with someone on this forum , watched the last season of The Big Bang Theory , watched select episodes of How I Met Your Mother , played Darksiders 2 for 2 hours , then Skyrim for 4 and then watched some funny videos on yourube , then I watched "The Green Lantern" and then I used this Information Overload and extreme fatigue to to staying up to just go to sleep like a drunk guy who just got dumped ... and Nekken that's just evil , your bringing back THE FEELS.

Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Nekken wrote:
How to sleep after Lilly's arc?
Like this.

AWH HAELL NAW

YOU DID NOT JUST GO THERE MANG
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Keneshiro

Re: Post-KS Depression

Post by Keneshiro »

well holy crap, I contributed to peace on an argument. I brought balance to the Force, I am LUKE SKYWALKER!!!!
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Keneshiro wrote:well holy crap, I contributed to peace on an argument. I brought balance to the Force, I am LUKE SKYWALKER!!!!
You also kissed your sister, then?
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Helbereth wrote:
Keneshiro wrote:well holy crap, I contributed to peace on an argument. I brought balance to the Force, I am LUKE SKYWALKER!!!!
You also kissed your sister, then?
Ugh. Just gotta ruin my fun eh?
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
loch

What's so bad About the Feels?

Post by loch »

I've seen people responding to people with the feels with ways to get rid of them. My question is why? Why does everyone act like they're a bad thing? Isn't it a wonderful emotional experience? My reaction to emotional experiences is to try and prolong them, and I know I can't be the only one who thinks this way. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter.
-Stuff Happens-
starfighter9

Re: What's so bad About the Feels?

Post by starfighter9 »

Being depressed is a wonderful emotional experience? I think most people would disagree. Katawa Shoujo usually causes the depressing type of 'feels', so most would rather get rid of it asap. Unless you somehow managed to get a high from KS, in which case i can only say :shock:
loch

Post by loch »

starfighter9 wrote:Being depressed is a wonderful emotional experience? I think most people would disagree. Katawa Shoujo usually causes the depressing type of 'feels', so most would rather get rid of it asap. Unless you somehow managed to get a high from KS, in which case i can only say :shock:
No, nothing of the sort. I get the "sad" feels, I guess, but I tend to want to extend that. Is that a peculiar thing? Is it weird for me to want to extend one of the emotions I feel only rarely? Ah, well, I guess I am weird.
-Stuff Happens-
kolokol1

Post by kolokol1 »

Could be worse. Sleep could be the only thing you could be looking forward to any more; sleeping 13 hours a day hoping that she will show up again, at least for a short while, in your dream.
I'm bad at words
misterprinny

Post by misterprinny »

In my case, I lose my appetite. And for a man who loves food, that just won't do.

Therefore, feels, out.

I wish it was that easy
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
loch

Post by loch »

misterprinny wrote:In my case, I lose my appetite. And for a man who loves food, that just won't do.

Therefore, feels, out.

I wish it was that easy
I can see how that would be problematic. I've already lost my inclination to stuff my face, but my appetite has never been in question, so I can't know your pain. I have more of a lack of emotions that tends to get in the way, so I kinda need the feels.
-Stuff Happens-
starfighter9

Post by starfighter9 »

Personally i just get into an introspective mood where i end up re-evaluating what im doing. I am usually in a happy mood though so i always try my best to get out of being sad. Though if you have a lack of emotions imo its better to get happy rather than sad feels.
loch

Post by loch »

starfighter9 wrote:Personally i just get into an introspective mood where i end up re-evaluating what im doing. I am usually in a happy mood though so i always try my best to get out of being sad. Though if you have a lack of emotions imo its better to get happy rather than sad feels.
I've had them both, sad just tends to be more satisfying, for whatever reason.
-Stuff Happens-
Breaker deGodot

Post by Breaker deGodot »

For me, I didn't get sad at all. I got introspective, thoughtful, and took a little more time to "smell the flowers", if you will, but I never got this sort of paralyzing depression that everyone else seems to have gone through. That's one reason why I wanted to prolong the feels, but alas that's basically impossible.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

They're good if they make you reflect upon things in life in a non-rational and genuinely emphatic way. It's a way that has a much bigger chance of actually getting you to change something about yourself.
They're bad if you dwell on them for so long that you don't change anything about yourself because you don't want to let them go. So they can also distract and paralyze a person's life to the point where they miss out on too many opportunities.

That's why many want to get rid of their feels. Because while it's great that they exist in the first place, dwelling on them for too long never leads to anything good in life. Having said that, it doesn't mean you can't remember them once they're gone...or even relive a small part of them so long as you're sure they're not paralyzing you.