The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Just finished the game, quite depressed.

Post by Xanatos »

Veniathan wrote:I can't get enough of this game, the music, the scenes .. Everything. I don't know why.
Try to learn why. It may be interesting.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Veniathan

Post by Veniathan »

Xanatos wrote:
Veniathan wrote:I can't get enough of this game, the music, the scenes .. Everything. I don't know why.
Try to learn why. It may be interesting.

Probably because it's uniqe, but honestly the reason why i can't get enough of the game is because it's good.

The scenes, the atmosphere and everything that makes you feel like being in the game is what makes KS good. Is it a bad thing i play it on after being hit by The Feels Train & Co? I don't know, i think it's not.

This game is an awful lot of fun and i really like some of the characters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

WAHAHAHAHA~!

You gotta love Condescending Wonka.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Veniathan

Post by Veniathan »

Xanatos wrote:WAHAHAHAHA~!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 580542.jpg

Im gonna go for Rin's .. I hope you mean depression as in depression after a good ending. Not something bad
Last edited by Silentcook on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wonka combo breaker! >:(
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Veniathan wrote:

Im gonna go for Rin's .. I hope you mean depression as in depression after a good ending. Not something bad

I would assume just general depression. These are depressing stories after all. :( God, I wanna hug Hanako...
Veniathan

Post by Veniathan »

Xanatos wrote:
Veniathan wrote:

I would assume just general depression. These are depressing stories after all. :( God, I wanna hug Hanako...
Yeah some of them are really depressive .. I guess that's right.

I still feel a bit down .. I just don't understand why i feel bad after such a good ending. Shouldn't it feel .. Good? Not bad? Weird in my opinion
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Veniathan wrote:Yeah some of them are really depressive .. I guess that's right.

I still feel a bit down .. I just don't understand why i feel bad after such a good ending. Shouldn't it feel .. Good? Not bad? Weird in my opinion
You feel bad because nobody in reality will ever be as good as these people. Never listen to a cynic, by the way. We're bad for your health.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Veniathan wrote:I still feel a bit down .. I just don't understand why i feel bad after such a good ending. Shouldn't it feel .. Good? Not bad? Weird in my opinion
I dunno. I was the same after finishing Hanako's route; as someone said earlier it was all about trust. At the time of my first playthrough, I wasn't doing so well socially and had started to build up some pretty big trust issues, so it resonated really strongly with me and on came the feels. After a few days of sitting, staring at the wall aimlessly and just thinking whenever I had the free time to do so, I started to be able to see the cause of the feelings and problems. No need to go into that, but give it a chance!

If you never try, you will never fail, but you will also never succeed. If you're unfit or overweight and don't want to be like that, why not give exercise a chance? If you find yourself focusing on all the negatives and unable to find a little fun in life, why not give yourself the chance? Those two were the main potential "resonances" I noticed in Emi's route, hence my mentioning them, but that's not meant to be an exhaustive list.

On the other hand, if you've been suppressing your feelings for a long time, maybe the feels -is- the best thing you could get out of the route. I don't claim to know you or your problems; I'm only offering a "slightly" simplified version of the result of my own experience :)

And, obviously, if you want to talk about anything at all, there's a community here who would be happy to listen.
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Xden

Post by Xden »

Xanatos wrote:
Veniathan wrote:Yeah some of them are really depressive .. I guess that's right.

You feel bad because nobody in reality will ever be as good as these people. Never listen to a cynic, by the way. We're bad for your health.
I think there's just an empty feeling because we want something amazing like Hisao had, but don't. I don't think it's impossible for us to obtain though. We just have to be patient and keep letting ourselves grow both mentally and physically. Someday we will find someone who can fill that empty shell. For now, I think it's healthy to find some other activity to fill in the gap and distract us. Though it is hard to do so at first.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Veniathan

Post by Veniathan »

Xden wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

I think there's just an empty feeling because we want something amazing like Hisao had, but don't. I don't think it's impossible for us to obtain though. We just have to be patient and keep letting ourselves grow both mentally and physically. Someday we will find someone who can fill that empty shell. For now, I think it's healthy to find some other activity to fill in the gap and distract us. Though it is hard to do so at first.
I think the problem here is not that i want SOMETHING to love or just in general a happy life. I want EXACTLY what Hisao had. The same school, the same people and everything that he experienced. But we know that's impossible.

It's just like someone here said that they don't want someone similar to Rin .. They like Rin because SHE IS Rin. It's hard to grasp the reality like this and get away from it. "Don't panic, it's just a game", i've told this to my brain about a billion times but ... No matter the quanity it never helps.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Veniathan wrote:I think the problem here is not that i want SOMETHING to love or just in general a happy life. I want EXACTLY what Hisao had. The same school, the same people and everything that he experienced. But we know that's impossible.

It's just like someone here said that they don't want someone similar to Rin .. They like Rin because SHE IS Rin. It's hard to grasp the reality like this and get away from it. "Don't panic, it's just a game", i've told this to my brain about a billion times but ... No matter the quanity it never helps.
I said that. :D

And I can sympathize...Possibly moreso given that I'd actually belong at that school given my condition. Maybe if I'd gone there instead of the places I did, I'd be better off than I am. Something like what Hisao has will still pale incredibly in comparison to exactly what he has because what he has is ideal. Real life is never ideal.

Just hope they get virtual realities going before you're dead. If they do, I for one would gladly enter and never leave.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Veniathan wrote:I think the problem here is not that i want SOMETHING to love or just in general a happy life. I want EXACTLY what Hisao had. The same school, the same people and everything that he experienced. But we know that's impossible.
You're never going to get exactly the same as Hisao, because you're never going to get exactly the same as anyone who isn't you. Human experience has too much variety to allow for that. Besides, do you really want to have a heart attack?

Hisao has a happy ending, but in no way is his life perfect. You can't have what he has, so go for something even better. If you can't conceive of anything like that right now, then spend some time thinking about what it might be.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Veniathan

Post by Veniathan »

Nekken wrote:
You're never going to get exactly the same as Hisao, because you're never going to get exactly the same as anyone who isn't you. Human experience has too much variety to allow for that. Besides, do you really want to have a heart attack?

Hisao has a happy ending, but in no way is his life perfect. You can't have what he has, so go for something even better. If you can't conceive of anything like that right now, then spend some time thinking about what it might be.

I have the same heart condition as Hisao has already ... That's what makes this even more depressive and sad.

I'd gladly have what he has, his life is atleast better than mine. I don't need anything better than that . We know it can't be done but i can only dream, fantasize and wish.
Xden

Post by Xden »

I understand this kind of a reality. I felt very similar when I was a bit younger with different pieces of fiction. I spent every night at one point wishing my pillow was some form of fictional companion. I guess I just got to a point where I realized that I was just wasting my time with wanting something I can't have, when there are perfectly plausible realities out there waiting for me that would make me even happier.

Nekken makes a very good point. I can tell you without a second thought that there are realities out there that will make you happier than having experienced Hisao's life. Sometimes they are hard to find, and that can be discouraging sometimes, I understand that. But I assure you it's worth it in the end.
Veniathan wrote: I have the same heart condition as Hisao has already ... That's what makes this even more depressive and sad.
I'm not going to sit here and try to say I can understand what this is like, but think of it this way: You are like Hisao in the hospital room now. You are thinking of this amazing experience that you used to have but now you feel like you've lost it and you'll never have anything better than that. Hisao managed to move forward and find something even better. Perhaps you can learn something from him given some time to contemplate Hisao's actions. Think of this game as another experience that will move you forward to find a better life.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Raxiuscore

Post by Raxiuscore »

Oh well, time is probably the only medicine for the feels. Though i think it would be worse if you took the hanako route, as you never really see them grow that much.
Never thought i would do it, but i really met a girl that gives me the same feelings as Katawa Shoujo did. I love you Maia <3