The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
FBOF
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:16 am
Location: Belgium

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by FBOF » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:39 pm

KSPuff wrote:I just finished Lilly's route last night and it was too much for me.

I cried. I didn't realized that I had gotten so attached to Lilly until I found out she decided she returning to Scotland. I kinda panicked as I did with Emi or Rin but kept pushing on. Maybe it was because it hit close to home as I found myself saying goodbye to someone important like him. I figured I could just push through it.

Without knowing it, as I reading was Lilly's/Akira's/Hanako's and Hisao's goodbyes, the tears just started without me knowing it. I don't know why but I haven't felt this emotion like this a longer time. I had to stop for a bit before I could push on. Then I cried a bit more as the music box music started in the hospital room and Lilly hugged Hisao. But these were tears of relief.
It was the most powerful scene for me as well and I've got to admit, I never cried during a game before yet this one has managed to crack an emotional shell I reckoned was impenetrable. The heart-felt emotions were just... a wave that washed over me. Sadness for the inevitability, fright for the loss of a loved one and eventually joy for a happy reunion. The music box playing just broke me down, seemingly redeeming Hisao and myself for a fate he or I couldn't have dreamed of altering... The way the route went and the true power of the ending, an emotional rollercoaster I can only feel glad for to have endured and experienced.

User avatar
KSPuff
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by KSPuff » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:57 pm

FBOF wrote:It was the most powerful scene for me as well and I've got to admit, I never cried during a game before yet this one has managed to crack an emotional shell I reckoned was impenetrable. The heart-felt emotions were just... a wave that washed over me. Sadness for the inevitability, fright for the loss of a loved one and eventually joy for a happy reunion. The music box playing just broke me down, seemingly redeeming Hisao and myself for a fate he or I couldn't have dreamed of altering... The way the route went and the true power of the ending, an emotional rollercoaster I can only feel glad for to have endured and experienced.
Sounds like you had a very similar experience as Hisao in real life. I'd ask more about it but since it's something so personal and painful, I won't.

I found myself just kinda living through Hisao since I've never had the chance to get to meet cute/sweet/odd girls like he does. So, while I don't know the experience personally, I believe this experience was glance what that might be like and I'm glad to have it with them.

User avatar
kraidy117
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:09 am

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by kraidy117 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:32 am

There was alot of moments where I was hit with the feel train, but I'll putt he one that made me cry like a baby(most events just made me tearful but not really cry, even my favorite path which was Emi)

Lillys good ending, no question. Right from the start when he rushed to try to stop her all the way to his second heart attack I was on the edge of my seat. When he failed to get her attention I just sat their dumbfounded. Hell I even felt as hopeless as Hisao did(this was my first playthrough so no chart following so I thought I got the bad ending). Next event happens and I hear the musical box. It was right there I knew something was up, as that was a gift to Lilly and that was with her when she left. Lilly walking inside the room... I don't cry much when it comes games, even visual novels but that scene just broke me like a egg.

Now honorable mentions of my big feel moments

Rins self-destruction and good ending
The last few events with Emi on her good ending
Hanakos bad ending
The summer house trip in Lillys path

Really though there's alot but those where the4 ones that hit big time. The team did a fantastic job, not just with the characters but how these scenes where constructed with the right music. of these powerful scenes.

User avatar
FBOF
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:16 am
Location: Belgium

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by FBOF » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:28 pm

KSPuff wrote:
FBOF wrote:It was the most powerful scene for me as well and I've got to admit, I never cried during a game before yet this one has managed to crack an emotional shell I reckoned was impenetrable. The heart-felt emotions were just... a wave that washed over me. Sadness for the inevitability, fright for the loss of a loved one and eventually joy for a happy reunion. The music box playing just broke me down, seemingly redeeming Hisao and myself for a fate he or I couldn't have dreamed of altering... The way the route went and the true power of the ending, an emotional rollercoaster I can only feel glad for to have endured and experienced.
Sounds like you had a very similar experience as Hisao in real life. I'd ask more about it but since it's something so personal and painful, I won't.

I found myself just kinda living through Hisao since I've never had the chance to get to meet cute/sweet/odd girls like he does. So, while I don't know the experience personally, I believe this experience was glance what that might be like and I'm glad to have it with them.
In the end, it's all in the past and I'm over it. Since we're all anonymous here, I don't find it hard to talk about such things since we can all share our experiences in unbiased ways without feeling condemned/judged for it. She didn't have Lilly's personality at all [moreso a mix between Misha (open & joyous around people she knew well) and Hanako (frightened by unfamiliarity and fearful of doing anything without consulting me or others)], but the departure was nearly as sudden. Too bad no happy ending there.

Currently replaying Lilly's route (2 weeks or so after my first playthrough) and I've noticed more details than I did in my first run. The emotions and life she has had feel so natural to me. I can connect with Lilly on a few levels: Strict upbringing, always forced to be polite and reserved, others before oneself (stand ready to help others with their issues while not burdening them with your own), forced to stand on my own legs at a relative young age (doing housework etc),... It has made me appreciate Lilly even moreso, yet added a sad note to the entire experience as well. The closer I feel to this character, the bigger the thought of how unlikely it'll be I'll ever discover a girl with the same qualities as her. I'm positive such ladies are alive in real life, but the chance of ever bumping into one as nice as her seem so dim... Where could I possibly meet such a person? Social gathers, clubs, hobbies, internet dating,... all these things seem great to find new people to connect with but to find a person such as her? I reckon she wouldn't even sign up for those activities, making it all the harder to discover her. Bah, now I'm just sounding creepy and presumptious.

Even as it is a sad thought, I must be grateful for the experience as a whole. The game has soothed my mind & soul in a sense that emotional happiness can be found in the most unlikely of places, like this video game. The thought of a great girl like her keeps me going in time of need.

User avatar
mateh1
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 am

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by mateh1 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:49 am

ARGH!
I'm so full of feels right now I don't even know what to feel
I'm back from the dead, I'm replaying Katawa Shoujo, and I just saw that KS went to steam for ten bucks, and I heard that they're going to make a DLC

anyways, feels so good to be back, this place brings back memories, although I'm not sure I can be online everyday like I used to be.. :(
Image
Can you face your fears?

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Charmant » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:01 pm

mateh1 wrote:I heard that they're going to make a DLC
Wow, April Fool's Day comes earlier and earlier...

User avatar
mateh1
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 am

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by mateh1 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Charmant wrote:
mateh1 wrote:I heard that they're going to make a DLC
Wow, April Fool's Day comes earlier and earlier...
idk what the hell is this, but it seems like a DLC
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
Image
Can you face your fears?

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by SpunkySix » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:02 am

mateh1 wrote:
Charmant wrote:
mateh1 wrote:I heard that they're going to make a DLC
Wow, April Fool's Day comes earlier and earlier...
idk what the hell is this, but it seems like a DLC
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
Well... technically it is downloadable, and it does contain content, so... yeah.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

AlexKidd
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:57 am

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by AlexKidd » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:05 am

First post on this forum, must release the feels.
I've discovered this game two years ago I think, and well that was horrible.
So much feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels. I did not cry (over manly man is my mentor) but during Lilly's good ending I stopped for 5 minutes the game when Hisao ends in the hospital again, so sad.
Also Hanako's bad ending and Emi kicking me from her house hurt my poor little heart.

That said, thank you for reading . I can now wander somewhere in this new forum for me.

PS : sorry if it's not proper english, i'm not a native speaker

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:44 am

AlexKidd wrote:
That said, thank you for reading . I can now wander somewhere in this new forum for me.
Welcome aboard! Yeah, the Emi bit hurts even now - I'm playing it through again for the first time in about 8 months and although it's not quite like it was first time round (it never can be) it's still decidedly impacting.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


YZQ
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 am

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by YZQ » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:29 pm

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
AlexKidd wrote:
That said, thank you for reading . I can now wander somewhere in this new forum for me.
Welcome aboard! Yeah, the Emi bit hurts even now - I'm playing it through again for the first time in about 8 months and although it's not quite like it was first time round (it never can be) it's still decidedly impacting.
Come in! Shut the door! It's cold out there!

(And we have a choice of Lily/Hanako's warm tea and Akira's beers/scotch)

Have a pleasant time as you sit down, sip your drink of choice, and relax...
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3511
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by brythain » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:39 pm

YZQ wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
AlexKidd wrote:
That said, thank you for reading . I can now wander somewhere in this new forum for me.
Welcome aboard! Yeah, the Emi bit hurts even now - I'm playing it through again for the first time in about 8 months and although it's not quite like it was first time round (it never can be) it's still decidedly impacting.
Come in! Shut the door! It's cold out there!

(And we have a choice of Lily/Hanako's warm tea and Akira's beers/scotch)

Have a pleasant time as you sit down, sip your drink of choice, and relax...
Akira's Sapporo beer and Kenji's single-malt Scotch. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

YZQ
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 am

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by YZQ » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:42 pm

Oh, we're screening "Frozen" right now, and it seems we have the whole gang with us too! (No, Jigoro's not here. I can hear Lily's "Amen" from here). As my private investigators have indicated, Hanako seems to have watched this at least 10 times.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."

User avatar
Alpacalypse
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:00 am
Location: Britbongistan

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Alpacalypse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:16 am

Welp, long time lurker coming in from the cold here. This seemed like an appropriate place to post first, so here we go!

So, I played this game a while back because a friend said it was an interesting story that actually did sex in a tasteful way. Was a bit iffy about a game where you can have sex with disabled people, but I had a change of heart once I actually played the thing.
Initially went for Lilly's route, but I ended up on Emi's because I decided that having an arrhythmiac race a seasoned track runner was a good idea and I didn't really know what to expect.

Dammit, good ending nearly made me cry.

I then went and played all the other roots in the order Lilly->Hanako->Shizune->Rin , with a gap between the last two, and got all the good endings on every route. Liked all of them and have been coming on the forums for quite some time as a method of keeping the universe alive.
I cannot bring myself to complete any of the bad endings. I would feel like an arsehole.

So, thanks 4LS, for creating an amazing game and for giving me an extreme case of "HNNNNNG!"
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.

User avatar
Megumeru
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am
Location: Land of the Rising Sun

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Megumeru » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:26 am

Alpacalypse wrote:I cannot bring myself to complete any of the bad endings. I would feel like an arsehole
I highly recommend you to finish the 'bad' endings. It gives you another dimension of the characters in question and a broader perspective about then (Shizune and Rin's bad/neutral endings especially).

Other than that, welcome to the forums :D
You'll find plenty of veteran/old timers here still lingering around--I'm mostly here for the reading and writing (it's like a treasure chest of knowledge and creativity) :lol:
Image
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story

Post Reply