The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
BananaPudding
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by BananaPudding » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Steinherz wrote:
BananaPudding wrote:That being said there is somewhat of a point to my post. Since I'm new to visual novels I don't really know if this happens but are any of the ("good") endings for characters sad? I know they all have sad parts in them, but if one ended sad I don't think I could take it.

Also, not asking for actual spoilers or anything, I just really don't want to go through a whole story thinking "it's all gonna be ok, it's all gonna be ok" and then everything not actually turn out ok. I wouldn't expect any to end like that, but like I said I'm pretty new to this visual novel thing, and I don't wanna get blindsided.
First off, welcome to the forums.
Second: "Sad" is a relative term when it comes to the Good endings. No, they aren't sad in the fact that you feel sad about how it went, but more like you feel sad that it's over.
If anything the Bad/Neutral endings are more sad.
Thanks glad to be here.

And yea that is very good to hear, the sad about it ending is to be expected. I just wanted to make sure, because in the other visual novel I played one of the "good" endings is really sad, and then you have to play through the whole game again after going through everyone's route to get the "real" ending
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune

User avatar
BananaPudding
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by BananaPudding » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Steinherz wrote:
BananaPudding wrote:That being said there is somewhat of a point to my post. Since I'm new to visual novels I don't really know if this happens but are any of the ("good") endings for characters sad? I know they all have sad parts in them, but if one ended sad I don't think I could take it.

Also, not asking for actual spoilers or anything, I just really don't want to go through a whole story thinking "it's all gonna be ok, it's all gonna be ok" and then everything not actually turn out ok. I wouldn't expect any to end like that, but like I said I'm pretty new to this visual novel thing, and I don't wanna get blindsided.
First off, welcome to the forums.
Second: "Sad" is a relative term when it comes to the Good endings. No, they aren't sad in the fact that you feel sad about how it went, but more like you feel sad that it's over.
If anything the Bad/Neutral endings are more sad.
Thanks glad to be here.

And yea that is very good to hear, the sad about it ending is to be expected. I just wanted to make sure, because in the other visual novel I played one of the "good" endings is really sad, and then you have to play through the whole game again after going through everyone's route to get the "real" ending
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by pandaphil » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:09 pm

I've heard Shizune's ending described as 'bittersweet'. But I don't want to spoil it.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Xanatos » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:11 pm

pandaphil wrote:I've heard Shizune's ending described as 'bittersweet'. But I don't want to spoil it.
There's nothing bitter in that ending. :P Go tell those people to take a look at Hanako's neutral ending.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
BananaPudding
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by BananaPudding » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:19 pm

pandaphil wrote:I've heard Shizune's ending described as 'bittersweet'. But I don't want to spoil it.
Yea I have heard that's the least liked of the endings in general. but it should be fine.

The kind of ending I'm talking about is like a soul crushing one for example if Lilly just goes to scotland and Hisao is sad but after a few years gets over her kind of ending
Xanatos wrote:There's nothing bitter in that ending. :P Go tell those people to take a look at Hanako's neutral ending.
A sad neutral ending is fine, as long as I can resolve my feels by playing through again and getting the "good" ending
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Xanatos » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:22 pm

BananaPudding wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I've heard Shizune's ending described as 'bittersweet'. But I don't want to spoil it.
Yea I have heard that's the least liked of the endings in general. but it should be fine.

The kind of ending I'm talking about is like a soul crushing one for example if Lilly just goes to scotland and Hisao is sad but after a few years gets over her kind of ending
Xanatos wrote:There's nothing bitter in that ending. :P Go tell those people to take a look at Hanako's neutral ending.
A sad neutral ending is fine, as long as I can resolve my feels by playing through again and getting the "good" ending
The only soul-crushing end is Kenji's.

And you can always go back and get the good ends, so long as you get the rest too. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
BananaPudding
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by BananaPudding » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Xanatos wrote:
The only soul-crushing end is Kenji's.

And you can always go back and get the good ends, so long as you get the rest too. :P
yea, the gist of the end of that has been spoilered to me so that shouldn't be that bad lol
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune

User avatar
Dream
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Dream » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Xanatos wrote:The only soul-crushing end is Kenji's.

And you can always go back and get the good ends, so long as you get the rest too. :P
Odd, i always thought you liked the Kenji ending for some reason.

Also, i don't care much for this topic.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Xanatos » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:The only soul-crushing end is Kenji's.

And you can always go back and get the good ends, so long as you get the rest too. :P
Odd, i always thought you liked the Kenji ending for some reason.

Also, i don't care much for this topic.
Oh, I do. But literal death is pretty soul-crushing.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Sedinus
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:15 am
Location: Poland/Germany
Contact:

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Sedinus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:18 am

Xanatos wrote: Oh, I do. But literal death is pretty soul-crushing.
Only if by 'soul' you mean 'bones'. Or spine.
Image
Image

User avatar
Auratus
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:09 am
Location: Krung Thep, Thailand

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Auratus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:18 am

Sedinus wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Oh, I do. But literal death is pretty soul-crushing.
Only if by 'soul' you mean 'bones'. Or spine.
or... Hindbrain.

I don't mind off-topic here. Because to be affected by feels. You have to recently finished KS for a first time, and we aren't to blame that we have few newcomer. :(
Image
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.

User avatar
Dream
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Dream » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:26 am

Xanatos wrote:Oh, I do. But literal death is pretty soul-crushing.
OH SNAP :lol:

Anyways, seriously speaking, to me the ending was more irritating than anything else. Really Hisao? You thought any of that was a remotely good idea?
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos

User avatar
SirSlaughter
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:53 am

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by SirSlaughter » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Auratus wrote: I don't mind off-topic here. Because to be affected by feels. You have to recently finished KS for a first time, and we aren't to blame that we have few newcomer. :(
Oh Hi there. You say you need a newcomer for more "feels" to be put into the topic? Well I've come to save the day!

Anyway...I finished it a few days ago and ended up on Hanako. I have to say Hanako had the most Heart wrenching, Gut churning, chemical imbalancing story I have ever had to deal with. From the start to the end I was captivated by her specifically. Well her and Rin, but I had already made plenty of progress with Hanako so Rin wasn't gonna happen. In the end I got her good ending first try and I was at a loss for words when she showed you her "Whole" body for the first time.

I literally was lost at what to even think. I knew she was traumatized because of what happened and it was easy to guess most of the scenario, but when she explained better to me such as what her mother did to save her the man tears began to roll. Her story, and her song: Painful History were just a perfect match. I've done Emi and just finished Rin and with Rin it was so frustrating, but worth it all in the end. But I don't think anyone will ever compare to Hanao. But then again, I have 2 more playthroughs to go with...I promised a friend I would play all the playthroughs. I kinda mentally scarred him with a picture over skype. We were in group chat and he clicked the link. I suppose it was for the best though or else I would have never played this VN. (My first VN)
ImageImage

User avatar
BananaPudding
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by BananaPudding » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm

I actually got the kenji ending yesterday and I thought it was pretty good for a "bad" or "game over" type ending. It also gives more insight into kenji who I really like as a character
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune

User avatar
BananaPudding
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by BananaPudding » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:31 pm

So most places I have posted frown on double posting, but I just finished Hanako's route and the feels, THE FEELS
(also I don't want to start another thread, because yea this is pretty much just a feels post)

I'm sure this is old news to a lot of you and you have probably heard it before, but I have found in that past couple days that writing out my thoughts helps me to see them more clearly, so yea
Oh man, dat ending. How Hisao treated Hanako was exactly how I treated every girlfriend I have ever had. I would be attracted to girls who were super needy and be with them just because I wanted to protect them from whatever issues they had. I guess you could say that I needed to be needed. I knew that before this, but I thought that my problem was because I would devote too much of my energy to a relationship, I would always be looking out for her, seeing what was wrong and trying to help in any way I could. It seemed to me that I was pouring too much of myself into a relationship without getting enough in return. What this ending made me realize though is that a great deal of why I wouldn't get enough in return is because I wouldn't let myself rely on the other person as much as I wanted them to rely on me. I wanted to make life perfectly happy for them and I wouldn't let any of my problems spoil that. Obviously now I know what is wrong with that.

man, forget about the feels you get from this game the learns man, THE LEARNS!
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune

Post Reply