The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ziamatt

Re: Going through withdraws

Post by ziamatt »

I can't seem to strike a proper and reasonable balance between Katawa Shoujo withdraw and Katawa Shoujo burnout.
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

ziamatt wrote:I can't seem to strike a proper and reasonable balance between Katawa Shoujo withdraw and Katawa Shoujo burnout.
I second that ! Oo
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
blackmage62

Post by blackmage62 »

I, for one, am totally at a loss as to how to replace the feels I can no longer have now that I've completed the game. They'll come back eventually, but for now, I am pic related.

DH531

Re: Is feeling a bit depressed after playing normal?

Post by DH531 »

Limbless wrote:Yeah, it's normal. Also loss of 'sex' (fap) drive, for weeks in some cases.
^This. I've only just noticed it happen to me though.

In terms of being depressed, I got hit hard a couple days ago, now I know it's not completely due to KS but I got Lilly's bad ending twice in a row :cry: before getting her good ending. Then something possessed me to finish Emi's route completely (I got Emi first), which means getting the bad ending.... Damn that was rough, didn't know what to do.
I've just finished Hanako's route with the good ending but now i'm too scared to get even the neutral ending, let alone the bad one D: Might have to wait it out for a bit...
DH531

Post by DH531 »

I've got an exam today and i'm probably gonna fail due to thinking about Katawa Shoujo. I really picked a bad time to be playing this, but I don't regret it. (Well until I get my results later haha..... :cry: )
blackmage62 wrote:I, for one, am totally at a loss as to how to replace the feels I can no longer have now that I've completed the game. They'll come back eventually, but for now, I am pic related.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4018/1326768534361.png
^ I'm not looking forward to feeling like this though...
SilverCitizen

Post by SilverCitizen »

Ahaha nice pic. Shockingly, I don't feel like that. Right after finishing the last route, I wanted to play through Hanako's route again almost immediately afterwards.
Too soon though. Gotta let the memories float to the back of my mind.
I have to think about this one carefully...
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

I'm kinda shocked that i can relate to that pic on some level.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Koopason

Post by Koopason »

I'm suffering from withdrawl I think. I woke up at 4 A.M on Monday just because I couldnt sleep without knowing what happens next in Emi's route.
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

SilverCitizen wrote:Ahaha nice pic. Shockingly, I don't feel like that. Right after finishing the last route, I wanted to play through Hanako's route again almost immediately afterwards.
When I finish everything I know I'll be going through every route at least once more.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

ziamatt wrote:
SilverCitizen wrote:Ahaha nice pic. Shockingly, I don't feel like that. Right after finishing the last route, I wanted to play through Hanako's route again almost immediately afterwards.
When I finish everything I know I'll be going through every route at least once more.
Same dude, though i'm probably just gonna go through Lilly's route again, either that or go through her's last if I repeat everyone else's route.
themocaw

Dear Friends: I have a bad case of the sads

Post by themocaw »

I just got the good end for Hanako, which marks the good ends for all the girls, and now I have a bad case of the sads.

The sads aren't coming because of the sweetness of the ending, although it is that too. The sads are the same kind of sads I felt the first time I finished reading the last book of a very good novel series. . . or why I have so many anime series I have watched up to the last couple of episodes, but stopped watching. I have the sads that comes from finishing a wonderful story and knowing that I will never have this experience again: of enjoying a beautiful story for the very first time.

I am certain that I will go back to Katawa-Shoujo again. I am certain I will go back and re-experience many of these stories, and enjoy them yet again. But the enjoyment will be tinged with nostalgia. I will never again experience for the first time the shock and horror of walking in on Rin in the attic, or the moment when Emi's dam finally breaks, and she bares her soul to Hisao.

Kudos to 4LS on this one. You guys spun something that could have been a raw, disgusting, exploitative, and horrifying mess in the hands of lesser craftsmen and created a true piece of art. That could only happen from people who believed in the project whole-heartedly and loved what they were doing.
Valtameri

Re: Dear Friends: I have a bad case of the sads

Post by Valtameri »

I have that kind of "habit" too. Get's quite annoying sometimes, but i can never simply just stop right before the end. Gotta see it trough no matter how sad it makes me.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Theeyebrowsofdoom

Post by Theeyebrowsofdoom »

What about when you return to a beloved story long finished, and feel the sads because even though you want more of the story, you want it to go on, you know exactly where and how it's going to end, and you won't ever get more of it, because it will never go on. Do you think you'll get these specific sads, because I think I will.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Why the sadness, bro?

Everything has a ending, while its a pity that here will not be a Katawa Shoujo 2 and this is probably the first and last 4LS title, why feel sad about it? It was fucking glorious, I'm glad that i played it, it was good while it lasted and the memories will remain.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

Tomate wrote:Why the sadness, bro?

Everything has a ending, while its a pity that here will not be a Katawa Shoujo 2 and this is probably the first and last 4LS title, why feel sad about it? It was fucking glorious, I'm glad that i played it, it was good while it lasted and the memories will remain.
This, but I too still have that hollowness in my heart that will never again be filled, one that was dug forcefully from my being by the realization that, once I've completed it all, there will be nothing new to experience. =/
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.