The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BobBobberson

Re: What am I GOING TO do?

Post by BobBobberson »

uzl wrote:I actually don't know what I'm going to do, I'm really sad and I'll probably be stressed/depressed.

Since I played Katawa Shoujo, the game had changed me, emotionally and physically, I don't know what I can do after I've completed this game 100% It'll take like 30 mins now. I've completed most good endings and normally I'd skip to a part which it turns to a bad ending but if i dont i have to play the whole story from start and I dont wanna do thatfor some reason.

I really can't forget about katawa shoujo, once i 100%'d it, idk what to do, I want to play Katawa Shoujo even more but I complete it.. I'm getting worried.
Don't worry breh, you'll eventually get over the game. Took me about a week, but there's always something new that'll catch your interest.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Yeah same thing happened to me, all i could think about was KS and i didn't think i would ever get it out of my head. Eventually after i beat it, i lost interest and moved on to something else, i think i discovered the anime on Hetalia and moved on to that, though im always watching or playing and enjoying and then moving on to a new thing after, its a cycle.

KS was great though, i would love to go through it again sometime, but i would rather wait a while, so its not as fresh in my head, sometimes makes me wish i could just forget all that happened to experience it fresh again.
Hiphopanonymous

Post by Hiphopanonymous »

I too have suffered from the "FEELS" after beating Emi's arc to start the game, then Lilly after (to try and stop thinking about Emi's nonetheless...) and honestly this thread itself has already helped a lot. Just the fact that I'm definitely not the only one to feel sad and somewhat empty after beating the game is a good feeling. It's always tough ending a game that draws you in so much similar to a game like Mass Effect, or the various Final Fantasy games, but this one has been harder simply because even though it's a shorter amount of time, it draws you in more. You start as the player (ie yourself just playing a game), and end up as Hisao himself. Then it's just over, and I think that's why a lot of us get the 'FEELS' in the first place.

Overall, a message to the OP is that time heals all wounds. Seriously. Even if you don't find a preoccupying hobby/activity you will find that how you feel after a week is less than how you felt after the first day, or that first day itself. And so on and so forth.
uzl

Post by uzl »

Akros wrote:Start running, I'm doing just that, the 'FEELS' got me pretty badly. Also try reading something that just makes you want to insult the characters. I started Kimi no Iru Machi this weeks, a manga, and I just fucking hate the protagonist, Haruto, he's a douchbag. Breaking up with Asuka... unforgivable.
oh yeah, there's also booze, but I wouldn't go with that, I for an example, get into a funny mood, then 2-3 hours laters is all laments about how I've always screwed up with the girls I've liked or that fell for me. Pathetic, I must say so myself.

Sadly I can't drink booze, I'm 13.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Well you CAN, just not legally :lol:

Start running/working out, as people have already said. It's both great for your body and your mind.
yummines

Post by yummines »

uzl wrote:
Akros wrote:Start running, I'm doing just that, the 'FEELS' got me pretty badly. Also try reading something that just makes you want to insult the characters. I started Kimi no Iru Machi this weeks, a manga, and I just fucking hate the protagonist, Haruto, he's a douchbag. Breaking up with Asuka... unforgivable.
oh yeah, there's also booze, but I wouldn't go with that, I for an example, get into a funny mood, then 2-3 hours laters is all laments about how I've always screwed up with the girls I've liked or that fell for me. Pathetic, I must say so myself.

you're 13? aren't you supposed to be 18 to play KS lol.
alternatively to maybe lessen the feels you could always play Katawa Crash
Akros

Post by Akros »

uzl wrote:

then go for root beer or mountain dew and express your Feels on Xbox Live while playing CoD and killing rat-kids xD
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Pickman's Model

Post by Pickman's Model »

Got all 5 good endings on first try, so I never even experienced any of the "supersad bawwhaww" moments. However, from what I've heard, they're pretty goddamn heartwrenching, so I don't see why you'd specifically go for those endings, unless of course you have a fetish for tragedy...

I doubt they really add much in the way of characterisation, so it shouldn't be necessary to go through them in order to get a better feel for the characters; if that's what you're worried about?
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

I would argue that the bad endings for Shizune and Hanako add a little something, and moving from the bad route to good ending for Emi makes for a more satisfying redemption for Hisao. But yeah, if you've seen what you want to see, no one's making you go back.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
uzl

Post by uzl »

yummines wrote:
uzl wrote:

you're 13? aren't you supposed to be 18 to play KS lol.
alternatively to maybe lessen the feels you could always play Katawa Crash

I play KS, I leave the adult scenes on. I feel special that I'm the only 13 yr old that plays this :D .
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

13 year olds shouldn't be thinking of feels just yet... :shock:
uzl

Post by uzl »

acewing905 wrote:13 year olds shouldn't be thinking of feels just yet... :shock:

Well I get feels, you can get them at any age if you get the meaning of the words the characters say.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

uzl wrote:
acewing905 wrote:13 year olds shouldn't be thinking of feels just yet... :shock:

Well I get feels, you can get them at any age if you get the meaning of the words the characters say.
True. But seriously, don't think of all this deep shit just yet. :P
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

acewing905 wrote:
uzl wrote:

True. But seriously, don't think of all this deep shit just yet. :P
I agree, those 'feels' get to be a real pain in the ass sometimes. But if you can manage them at that age? Power to ya man.
Akros

Post by Akros »

uzl wrote:

you need to get at least all the way through High School, then you'll know why having the feels suck.
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P