The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yummines

Re: Just finished the game, quite depressed.

Post by yummines »

I recall a quote from a comic i once read

"There is no such thing as a perfect someone. Nothing in this world will ever live up to what you feel inside. You just find happiness where you can."

That i something everyone has to come to terms with

That being said, finding that happiness is not as hard as one may think. Hobbies, friends, family, these things can fill any emptiness inside. You dont and shouldnt need a girlfriend to be happy
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Xden wrote:Which one did you go to? The one in Georgia is terrible. It's always hot and usually crowded. I would never really be able to have fun there if it weren't for being able to entertain others since I know the ins and outs of the place.
I can't really remember anymore...Illinois or something. Wherever it was, it was in the summer. Also the last I ever spoke with the two who came along.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yummines wrote:I recall a quote from a comic i once read

"There is no such thing as a perfect someone. Nothing in this world will ever live up to what you feel inside. You just find happiness where you can."

That i something everyone has to come to terms with

That being said, finding that happiness is not as hard as one may think. Hobbies, friends, family, these things can fill any emptiness inside. You dont and shouldnt need a girlfriend to be happy

Easier said than done. Hobbies are well enough but not everyone is equipped well for friends or families. Some may well need more, though whoever they find will not be perfect. Perfection is impossible.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Veniathan

Post by Veniathan »

I'm suprised where this thread has come, i thought i wouldn't get alot of help and now it has turned into a happy discussion. This is actualy very nice to see.

I don't have many feels left, it passed quickly actualy. But i'm on my way to Rin's route, and once i finish that i know that the feels are gonna hit me harder than ever. My body is ready
Xden

Post by Xden »

Veniathan wrote:I'm suprised where this thread has come, i thought i wouldn't get alot of help and now it has turned into a happy discussion. This is actualy very nice to see.

I don't have many feels left, it passed quickly actualy. But i'm on my way to Rin's route, and once i finish that i know that the feels are gonna hit me harder than ever. My body is ready
Glad to hear you're feeling better. We're here for you if you need us. I might try Rin's route soon as well, so maybe we'll be in the same boat.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Veniathan wrote:My body is ready

That's the spirit!

The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Xanatos wrote:It happens. You can go check my thread on how it felt, I definitely see the angle you're coming from...Though I arrived at a very-much-more-pleasant conclusion in the end.

"Don't panic. It's just a game."

Take up fanfiction writing if you want it to continue, maybe.
Ive done the fanfiction writing. Also Ive started walking everyday. Both have really helped me. The fanfiction helps because it is a continuance of the game. You can use your own ideas and have the characters go through another story, or if you didnt like a specific ending or want more of an ending, then continue the path from there on in your own way. Thats what I am in the process of doing with Hanakos paths, both good and bad. I have a post bad ending fanfic posted, but I am going to do a total rewrite because I rushed through it and want to improve it. I am currently writing a post good ending one for her as well. Point is, there are many different ways to make yourself feel better about it. Read some fanfictions that others have writen. Some are very good.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Veniathan

Post by Veniathan »

For you that miss the feels or want to feel them again despite still having some left i have found something that is just ... Amazing

It's an anime, "5 Centimeters per Second". I'm not trying to promote anything here, this was mentioned on 4chan as an alternative to getting feels so it's not just from KS and such.

Trailer is here:

I've watched a bit .. The visuals are absolutely amazing, has some very touchy moments .. Even worse than KS itself!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Veniathan wrote:For you that miss the feels or want to feel them again despite still having some left i have found something that is just ... Amazing

It's an anime, "5 Centimeters per Second". I'm not trying to promote anything here, this was mentioned on 4chan as an alternative to getting feels so it's not just from KS and such.

Trailer is here:

I've watched a bit .. The visuals are absolutely amazing, has some very touchy moments .. Even worse than KS itself!
KS never seems to run dry of feels, even repeating paths...But I hear that movie's good. Surprisingly, not a Miyazaki picture.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Sigh, I love Japan. It really is that beautiful in some places.

I need to visit again someday.
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Sigh, I love Japan. It really is that beautiful in some places.

Never visited, sadly...Hope to one day.
Veniathan

Post by Veniathan »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Sigh, I love Japan. It really is that beautiful in some places.

Mostly when you say "I want to go to Japan" or "I want to visit Tokyo" you are often flamed as a weeaboo.

I don't want to go to Japan or Tokyo for the anime at all, Tokyo is an unbelivably nice town. It looks absolutely gorgeous, i had a friend that was there on vacation and brought back hundreeds of pictures.

There is something i love about big noisy towns with ALOT of neons, it makes me feel safe and cozy.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Veniathan wrote:

Mostly when you say "I want to go to Japan" or "I want to visit Tokyo" you are often flamed as a weeaboo.
This is where I flame them as a xenophobe and they get confused as to why I'm talking about the Alien films. Then I go about my business. :P

I mostly want to go because the culture intrigues me...And the neon's nice too.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

It doesn't even feel like a big city. Well, Kyoto didn't. Still not as beautiful as the countryside, though. When I first got off the plane, I literally sat looking out of the bus with my cheek pressed against the glass falling in love with the sight. It was cloudy, dark, green, and raining.

misterprinny

The KS Community's Tips on Getting Rid Of Feels

Post by misterprinny »

While lurking here on the forums, I notice a lot of new users who flock here shortly after finishing the game, and a good chunk of them are dealing with "feels" and are looking for advice on how to get rid of them. I think it's most fitting if the KS community collaboratively made a "guide" or sorts on how to deal with the feels, and since getting rid of the feels is different for each person, a community effort would be much more useful than say my own personal methods.

Where did I get the inspiration for this? Surprisingly, not from Katawa Shoujo itself (though I did wallow in feels for a while), but from the anime Angel Beats!, which I just recently finished. So if you are suffering from the feels not because of KS, you can find advice here as well.

Anyway, I guess I will start with a couple of my tips:

If you're a gamer, go play video games. I find that this works best with First Person Shooters, platformers, anything under the Action genre that usually requires concentration and reflexes. If you really want to get rid of feels in your head, go try-hard and crush your opponents, high-score, whatever. I found that the concentration got the feels off of my mind for a while and helped.

Sleep. A good night's sleep is usually a good way to recuperate from your problems in general. That's what my friend did, except he was forced to cry himself to sleep. Oh well.

I hope this becomes successful and can become a reference to people in the future, if you have tips please contribute!
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.