The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Wow, everyone's in such a nasty mood today.
Are they? I'm quite content.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
sennit

Post by sennit »

Thats what I thought when I was trying to catch up. But i feel like it was closer to hearty debate :) Or at least thats what Im going with, makes me happier to look at it that way. And thats what I want out of a KS forum.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

sennit wrote:
Thats what I thought when I was trying to catch up. But i feel like it was closer to hearty debate :) Or at least thats what Im going with, makes me happier to look at it that way. And thats what I want out of a KS forum.
Indeed it was. Quite frankly, I fail to understand how a little heated discussion means we're all in nasty moods.

My sincerest apologies for ever daring to engage in an interaction that wasn't all hugging and rainbows, of course, Mr. Panda... :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
sennit

Post by sennit »

Xanatos wrote:
sennit wrote:
Indeed it was. Quite frankly, I fail to understand how a little heated discussion means we're all in nasty moods.

My sincerest apologies for ever daring to engage in an interaction that wasn't all hugging and rainbows, of course, Mr. Panda... :P
Haha sarcasm makes the world turn. Its as important as sunlight in my book xP
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Though enter something like Hanako's bad end, I'd be crying like a baby and then she'd probably feel bad and start crying too. Which would lead to a passionate, most likely physically intimate make up session. Minus sex, mind you. Nothing wrong with cuddling and kissing though.

I can't imagine Hanako as the kind of person that would realize she just hurt someone badly and not feel horrible about it. But at the same time it could lead her back into herself, with the feeling that she doesn't deserve a friend if she allowed herself to do that to them.
The latter scenario is more likely to happen, sorry.
And Selim, one who withdraws into themselves is not impossible to win back.
I know. I was just saying in the situation that was laid out, that her withdrawing into herself out was more likely than the two making out.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I liked that joke though. Was better than imagining Hanako's angry face, too. And looks like pandaphil took the joke seriously.

On another note, I don't dig sarcasm. It explains why I misinterpret it as something else. There's a reason the bible says "Let your yes be yes and your no, no. Anything else is of evil."

So where along the line did people get convinced to say smart ass things that they don't really mean, or don't care about the true meaning of? Especially on the internet, where it's so hard to gauge intent cause all we have is text to go by. We don't have facial expressions or tone of voice to get where someone might be coming from.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I liked that joke though. Was better than imagining Hanako's angry face, too. And looks like pandaphil took the joke seriously.

On another note, I don't dig sarcasm. It explains why I misinterpret it as something else. There's a reason the bible says "Let your yes be yes and your no, no. Anything else is of evil."

So where along the line did people get convinced to say smart ass things that they don't really mean, or don't care about the true meaning of? Especially on the internet, where it's so hard to gauge intent cause all we have is text to go by. We don't have facial expressions or tone of voice to get where someone might be coming from.
There's probably a reason the Bible says a lot of things but there's also a reason a lot of people think the Bible's a total load. Mostly because it's a very boring story that controls far too many highly illogical human beings...But never mind why that storybook full of plot holes and nonsense really totally blows and can't hold a candle to Dr. Seuss. Back here in reality, there is nothing at all evil about sarcasm. And even if there were, humans were created with a great capacity for evil so it'd be all God's fault anyway according to that book.

As for where people got the idea of sarcasm, you might as well ask where the idea to call carrots carrots came from. And I often do ask that. But it's fairly easy to gauge it even online. Emoticons serve as facial expressions and tone of voice is emulated well enough via italics and such. If it gets too difficult, there are plenty of sites for recording quick vocal clips. It's honestly not that hard. If there's a :roll: emoticon, it's probably sarcasm. :lol:
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Uhhh... not sure where this is going, but it looks like discussion is taking a turn down Controversy Lane.

Quick! Turn around before you are lost to the darkness!

Seriously, how does religion and an extremely dated book fall under the category of this forum? Meh, I don't get it.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Because it applies to me, and things that apply to me, I express anywhere. I'm more confident than I was years ago, much more confident. That means I don't hold back. Years ago I would just cower and walk away, or look sad. Back in high school they voted me most unique. I don't feel I'm that different than most people. I just uphold right more than most people. I guess that makes me unique. Because 100 people will tell you 100 different versions of what's right and wrong, but I know what's right and what's wrong.

"But I still want to believe in the power of the heart, a heart that sees the sin."

There's a reason I call Vash my older brother.
sennit

Post by sennit »

KeiichiO wrote:Uhhh... not sure where this is going, but it looks like discussion is taking a turn down Controversy Lane.

Seriously, how does religion and an extremely dated book fall under the category of this forum? Meh, I don't get it.
Well I checked and double checked the game. Turns out there's no word of the bible or any such thing in KS xD But no biggie smalls, people can take the game in whatever way they want i suppose.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

sennit wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:Uhhh... not sure where this is going, but it looks like discussion is taking a turn down Controversy Lane.

Well I checked and double checked the game. Turns out there's no word of the bible or any such thing in KS xD But no biggie smalls, people can take the game in whatever way they want i suppose.
To each his own. Though, I feel that this religious mumbo-jumbo really doesn't fit the topic of the site, and quite frankly makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean, there are times when you can shout out verses of the Bible, and that's at church, (or home or whatever), not at a forum dedicated to a VN where you date disabled girls. I'm not trying to control anyone, or regulate discussion and such, I'm just saying it's a little silly. We should be discussing Katawa Shoujo and how it affected us as people, or tell stories of how we were in similar situations as the characters of Katawa Shoujo.

I'm completely fine with religion and all that shtuffs, but I feel that this is being forced out. And like I said, it makes me feel uncomfortable.
sennit

Post by sennit »

KeiichiO wrote:
sennit wrote:

To each his own. Though, I feel that this religious mumbo-jumbo really doesn't fit the topic of the site, and quite frankly makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean, there are times when you can shout out verses of the Bible, and that's at church, (or home or whatever), not at a forum dedicated to a VN where you date disabled girls. I'm not trying to control anyone, or regulate discussion and such, I'm just saying it's a little silly. We should be discussing Katawa Shoujo and how it affected us as people, or tell stories of how we were in similar situations as the characters of Katawa Shoujo.

I'm completely fine with religion and all that shtuffs, but I feel that this is being forced out. And like I said, it makes me feel uncomfortable.
Yeah I would definitely agree. I dislike being preached to. And furthermore as a fan site to KS, clearly we are all here indeed to talk about KS, or so I thought. The girls need our attension :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah, the last thing we need to do is get into religion here. Especially since its not really a part of the game. It being set in Japan and all.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

I agree,let us stop talking about religion because all it will do is start arguments with people. I am religious but know most of the world thinks differently, so I keep it to myself unless somebody sincerely asks about it.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
sennit

Post by sennit »

I'll start, so back to KS, are any of you guys going to test the beta? I figure its a good excuse to play through again.