The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

uzl

What am I GOING TO do?

Post by uzl »

I actually don't know what I'm going to do, I'm really sad and I'll probably be stressed/depressed.

Since I played Katawa Shoujo, the game had changed me, emotionally and physically, I don't know what I can do after I've completed this game 100% It'll take like 30 mins now. I've completed most good endings and normally I'd skip to a part which it turns to a bad ending but if i dont i have to play the whole story from start and I dont wanna do thatfor some reason.

I really can't forget about katawa shoujo, once i 100%'d it, idk what to do, I want to play Katawa Shoujo even more but I complete it.. I'm getting worried.
encrypted12345

Re: What am I GOING TO do?

Post by encrypted12345 »

You should take a good rest. You're blatantly suffering from some form of psychosis, and I think a good nap will do wonders for you.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

It's normal to miss KS after playing it. It's actually a good idea to skip any bad endings that you didn't get on the first try. Anyway, try to take a break. Do something else. Keep yourself occupied. Watch some comedy. :D Good luck! :)
Remember, whatever you do, keep yourself occupied, unless you're taking a nap. Both work like magic. :)
uzl

Post by uzl »

Thanks for the advice but when I finish it it'll always pop up in my mind and I can't get it out my mind..
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

uzl wrote:Thanks for the advice but when I finish it it'll always pop up in my mind and I can't get it out my mind..
That's why you should keep yourself occupied. Do you own any shooter games like Call of Duty or Battlefield? Works wonders for getting mind off things. :D
uzl

Post by uzl »

acewing905 wrote:
uzl wrote:Thanks for the advice but when I finish it it'll always pop up in my mind and I can't get it out my mind..
That's why you should keep yourself occupied. Do you own any shooter games like Call of Duty or Battlefield? Works wonders for getting mind off things. :D
Yeah I have cod but it eventually gets boring and I think of Katawa Shoujo.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

There's always fanfiction.

Don't worry about it too much. You're having a fairly common reaction. It'll fade in time.
Not Dead Yet
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

uzl wrote:
Yeah I have cod but it eventually gets boring and I think of Katawa Shoujo.
How about trying a different game?

And yeah, Oddball is right. It'll fade with time. :)
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

I don't know - I've kinda been facing a similar situation. I'm playing through Emi's path a second time now, but I'm finally getting to the point where I can stop thinking about KS non-stop all day long. But for the past week, that sadness at the realization that I finished KS and wouldn't be able to spend time at Yamaku with these new friends in real life sank in. My prior-to-discovering-VNs obsessions of Mount and Blade: Warband and Dragon Age: Origins still don't appeal to me as much as they did, and I've only just been able to continue reading A Clash of Kings (sequel to A Game of Thrones) again without getting distracted by constant thoughts of Emi, Hanako, Lilly and the others. The intensity of that longing is fading now, leaving me with good memories and a desire to make things better in my own life.

Exercise certainly helps... :wink:

Maybe you could examine your own relationships with your friends and family (and significant other, if you have one) and start working toward improving them? Lilly and Hanako's influences have rubbed off on me - now I want to treat my friendships with more respect and care than I have in the past.

I dunno - it probably couldn't hurt to pull your head out of the computer for a little while and get a breath of fresh air.

And yeah, there's fanfiction, or fan-art.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

This is normal and I've seen people say that it's a good time to start doing new things.
For me it felt like sadness and emptiness, but I guess that's inspiration, right?
Yeah, it was. I started running, but some people started painting, drawing, writing... Anything that fills in the empty space left by the emotional charge you just took out of your shoulders! :mrgreen:
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
Bloodhail

Post by Bloodhail »

-Play some more visual novels!
-Pick up a new book, or even write a story of your own.
-Vidya gaems
-Excercise

Just give it some time man. This is a normal reaction.
People = Jellyfish
yummines

Post by yummines »

do other stuff that either

1) have less feels

2) are totally different (like... Yume Nikki)
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

It's just a game ppl ....

Honestly if KS messes ppl up that badly get real help .... im not being a troll or mean or insulting ... but if ppl can't handle KS how will people handle real life ... sure we all felt the feels but most of us handle it knowing it is a game / VN ... blah why even bother ... no one listens to me lol
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

yummines wrote:2) are totally different (like... Yume Nikki)
I'm pretty sure Yume Nikki will just make the poor guy's condition worse. :lol:
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

You can do some RL route related stuff that carries the KS feels with you but in a productive way.

Things that I did was read "Life of Pi" and "Dance Dance Dance" -- two books that Hanako read during her arc. In fact I enjoyed "Dance" so much that I got the prequel trilogy as well (Trilogy of the Rat)from Haruki Murakami. I thought about Hanako all during the read, so it made the experience all the more enjoyable. Between all of his works and the works of Yann Martel (Life of Pi), I now have a ton of new reading material to plow through over the comming months.

I know some people have taken up a new hobby and "dedicated" it to there favorite KS girl -- running seems to be a popular one for Emi fans, and art sems to be popular with Rin fans.

Basically the feels are a powerful force -- if you harness them correctly then you can really make some profound changes in your life, things that maybe you did not think were possible for you before. So rather than try to forget about KS, try instead to grab it with both hands and use it to carry you forward to something dynamic in RL. :D
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb