The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xden

Re: The KS Community's Tips on Getting Rid Of Feels

Post by Xden »

Here is a pretty good one from the KS subreddit.

Maybe consider taking some ideas from it.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Grow up, man up, and grow some balls. It's a video game, not a dick so don't take it so hard.

(inb4 somebody gets butthurt and decides to put me on their ignore list. #keepingitreal)
Xden

Post by Xden »

Snow_Storm wrote:Grow up, man up, and grow some balls. It's a video game, not a dick so don't take it so hard.

(inb4 somebody gets butthurt and decides to put me on their ignore list. #keepingitreal)
Being a man doesn't mean you can't have an emotional response to something, especially when it helps you to bring light to qualities about yourself you may not have realized before. It's not just "a video game", but rather a form of art designed to be an emotional stimulus. To ignore the very real emotional qualities of something designed around emotion would be the opposite of keeping things real.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

fap
fap lots
gragon

Post by gragon »

Snow_Storm wrote:Grow up, man up, and grow some balls. It's a video game, not a dick so don't take it so hard.

Real man are not afraid to cry (but thats just my opinion)

sincerely, a 15 year old guy with a beard :twisted:
''Bear with the pain,but dont admit to it either'' ''climb the tree of problems and eat the apple of succes''
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

misterprinny wrote:Anyway, I guess I will start with a couple of my tips:

If you're a gamer, go play video games. I find that this works best with First Person Shooters, platformers, anything under the Action genre that usually requires concentration and reflexes. If you really want to get rid of feels in your head, go try-hard and crush your opponents, high-score, whatever. I found that the concentration got the feels off of my mind for a while and helped.

Sleep. A good night's sleep is usually a good way to recuperate from your problems in general. That's what my friend did, except he was forced to cry himself to sleep. Oh well.
I'd like to just say:

Do what you love doing anyway. If you are a musician, go play some evocative music on your instrument of choice, or write some if you have the inclination! If you are a writer, take inspiration from the feeling and write a story, an essay, lyrics, whatever you like based around the feels. If you are a painter MAKE ME FANART NAO! *ahem* Well, yeah, I think it's obvious. I think you should channel the feelings into something hugely productive and creative, and use it as an outlet.

Don't be afraid of change. There are so many self-improvement posts on these forums because the feels give people the ability to change themselves. Even those who don't consciously make an effort to do so come out with a fresh new perspective (most of the time, at least). I suppose this links very nicely to my final point:

Do what you want to do. If you want to be a bit Rin and have melacholy introspective dreams, be my guest, but I actually meant that the feelings this game inspires are scarily potent. So if you find there's something you've wanted to do for a long time - or even just recently - but haven't had the courage or motivation, you can use this power. The most common I've seen is exercising.

Please don't look at my sig, though :lol: I got injured and had to stop, and am way behind and haven't updated since the injury. Or even started again since the injury :/
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
yummines

Post by yummines »

1. remember that its just a game. it says it up as its slogan. "don't panic, it's just a game"

the girls aren't real and never will be, so relax if you get a bad end.

2. don't be sad if you come to the realization that there will never be Hanako or Lily in real life. not a carbon copy, but you may find someone similar. at least personality wise, don't go torching shy girls so she can look like Hanako too. remember soul mates don't exist, just try to find happiness where you can. if you can find someone that makes you happy and vice versa, i think that should be good enough for anybody.

3. if all else fails, watch some mindless cartoons
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Feels are not meant to be tossed aside like trash. You gotta take 'em, find out exactly how and where they hit you so hard, and learn from it. Temper it into something positive, constructive, and awesome, and go climb mountains.

You could fap, too, I guess, but that's the easy way out.
... Danger.
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

Get High. Fap. Sleep.

Always works when I'm upset about something.
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Revvy wrote:Get High. Fap. Sleep.

No sarcasm or irony here: you must be the coolest dude.

8)
... Danger.
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

Total Destruction wrote:
Revvy wrote:Get High. Fap. Sleep.

No sarcasm or irony here: you must be the coolest dude.

8)
I hear that a lot.
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Total Destruction wrote:Feels are not meant to be tossed aside like trash. You gotta take 'em, find out exactly how and where they hit you so hard, and learn from it. Temper it into something positive, constructive, and awesome, and go climb mountains.

You could fap, too, I guess, but that's the easy way out.
Have to agree. Why do you want to get rid of feels? Pain is nature's way of telling you that something's wrong. If your hand feels like it's burning, take it off the stove before you consider loading up on narcotics.

Do something that allows you to think. For some people, it is something like exercising, drawing, playing video games, sleeping, etc. The point is that you're not trying to escape feels, but address them.

That being said, sometimes you need something to make you smile. Among other things, I have a fondness for Kiyohiko Azuma's works. I find that I'm psychologically incapable of seeing Yotsuba&! or Azumanga Daioh without smiling.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Magnenntae

Post by Magnenntae »

Total Destruction wrote:Feels are not meant to be tossed aside like trash. You gotta take 'em, find out exactly how and where they hit you so hard, and learn from it. Temper it into something positive, constructive, and awesome, and go climb mountains.
At the same time, it's not something you should stress yourself out about. If you can't figure why you feel the way you do, just try and chill, it'll come to you eventually.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Magnenntae wrote:it'll come to you eventually.
Or you'll come and they'll go away.
Magnenntae

Post by Magnenntae »

Brogurt wrote:
Magnenntae wrote:it'll come to you eventually.
Or you'll come and they'll go away.
Oh my god, your posts are comedy gold.