The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: Dos Feelz

Post by Umber »

I hear you. Emi's usually the first for most, and the first for me, and I felt the same way.

I really don't want to burst your bubble (I really, really don't, as I feel the same way), but there's a 'Feels Bazaar' thread for this. It's nothing personal, but some of the forumers here, as far as I know, get irritated when they see threads like these popping up when there's a place for them somewhere. I don't want them to make you feel down, since you're new here. I'm not trying to be all high-and-mighty like an admin or anything, and you have no idea how many times and how many ways I wish I could say sorry.

From what I've read in the Feels Bazaar, people take time to read and share their feelings with each other. There's lots of emotion circulating there, so take a while to look at it.

Welcome to Katawa Shoujo, by the way. Glad to have you here. The other character arcs are amazing as well, stay on the lookout for spoilers.
Beware of Xanatos.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

ReCodes wrote:try Hanako, Lilly, Rin and Shizune
:))
:lol: Yeah, and when you're done with those, try and find the secret Yuuko route. It has the hottest H-scenes.

On a more serious note, yes, I've felt the same. I loved Emi so much, that I didn't want to say goodbye. But then I moved to Lilly, and fell in love all over again. When hers came to an end, I didn't want to say goodbye either and so on.

But now that I'm done with the entire game, I love them all and don't want to say goodbye to any of them. Their all such beautiful characters. I wanna see more of them! To bad we will never see what happens after Katawa Shoujo... T.T
Umber

Post by Umber »

KeiichiO wrote: :lol: Yeah, and when you're done with those, try and find the secret Yuuko route. It has the hottest H-scenes.
Are you serious...
KeiichiO wrote: On a more serious note,
Nevermind.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

ShazzBott wrote:I wanting to share this to see if anyone else ever felt the same. I got so attached to Emi's storyline that when I finished I didn't want to go on to another storyline. The music plus the reminders of how great her story was, just held me from going. I officially got over this, but not before losing some bravado, either way I can now say the feelz got me.
I hear you man. Emi was my first and yeah, it was a little upsetting when I went on to Hanako, knowing that Emi was out there doing her daily runs all alone, secretly hurting. But trust me, you'll get an entirely new set of feels once you get involved with one of the others. They're just as much of an emotional ride.

if it gets to be a real problem, theres no reason you can't just put it down and walk away for awhile. I actually gave myself a week off after Hanako's route and just hung out here before I felt up to tackling Rin's. Give it a try. KS and the Feels will still be here when you get back.

KeiichiO wrote: :lol: Yeah, and when you're done with those, try and find the secret Yuuko route. It has the hottest H-scenes.
On top of the Check-In desk no less. That girl is a freeeeeak! ;)
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
ShazzBott

Post by ShazzBott »

KeiichiO wrote:
ReCodes wrote:try Hanako, Lilly, Rin and Shizune
:))
:lol: Yeah, and when you're done with those, try and find the secret Yuuko route. It has the hottest H-scenes.

On a more serious note, yes, I've felt the same. I loved Emi so much, that I didn't want to say goodbye. But then I moved to Lilly, and fell in love all over again. When hers came to an end, I didn't want to say goodbye either and so on.

But now that I'm done with the entire game, I love them all and don't want to say goodbye to any of them. Their all such beautiful characters. I wanna see more of them! To bad we will never see what happens after Katawa Shoujo... T.T
A Yuuko route? Well this is news to me, kinda peaks my curiosity, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who dug in deep on their first storyline.
My motivation- Rin seizing the day, carefree, absent-minded, yet driven.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

ShazzBott wrote:A Yuuko route? Well this is news to me, kinda peaks my curiosity, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who dug in deep on their first storyline.
:lol: I'm sorry, I was just messing with you. Sorry to deceive you But. who knows? I've only done the main good endings. Maybe there's a super secret ending where Yuuko gives you a blowjob under the library desk.

Seriously, I'm joking xD

It's only a dream in my head at this point...
win746

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by win746 »

Oh, didn't realize all the "feels" discussion got grouped together into one "bazaar", took me long enough to realize where my post went. :lol:

So after a few days, I took the advice to play the rest of the routes. I gotta say that as I played the rest, I feel somewhat better now, but I think the only feeling I have left is that the story ended. Heh, I even took up drawing again, something I haven't done since middle school. I feel like running too, but the weather here is so bad (UK).......

I'm having a mixed reaction from the feels, part of it makes me feel happy and inspired me to change, but its still eating me up. :?
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

win746 wrote:Oh, didn't realize all the "feels" discussion got grouped together into one "bazaar", took me long enough to realize where my post went. :lol:

So after a few days, I took the advice to play the rest of the routes. I gotta say that as I played the rest, I feel somewhat better now, but I think the only feeling I have left is that the story ended. Heh, I even took up drawing again, something I haven't done since middle school. I feel like running too, but the weather here is so bad (UK).......

I'm having a mixed reaction from the feels, part of it makes me feel happy and inspired me to change, but its still eating me up. :?
Glad to hear you're recovering. Don't be shy about sharing your thoughts on some of the other threads. And don't forget we've got some pretty good fanfics here as well.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Umber

Post by Umber »

KeiichiO wrote:Maybe there's a super secret ending where Yuuko gives you a blowjob under the library desk.

Seriously, I'm joking xD

Seriously, I'm joking xD

It's only a dream in my head
Damnit, damnit, damnit.

I hate you all.
win746

Post by win746 »

pandaphil wrote:
win746 wrote:Oh, didn't realize all the "feels" discussion got grouped together into one "bazaar", took me long enough to realize where my post went. :lol:

Glad to hear you're recovering. Don't be shy about sharing your thoughts on some of the other threads. And don't forget we've got some pretty good fanfics here as well.
Yeah, I've been reading some of the fanfics and enjoyed alot of them. Also been reading other topics but I didn't really typed much, or at all.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
ShazzBott

Post by ShazzBott »

KeiichiO wrote:
ShazzBott wrote:A Yuuko route? Well this is news to me, kinda peaks my curiosity, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who dug in deep on their first storyline.
:lol: I'm sorry, I was just messing with you. Sorry to deceive you But. who knows? I've only done the main good endings. Maybe there's a super secret ending where Yuuko gives you a blowjob under the library desk.

Seriously, I'm joking xD

You know if we ask really really nicely....
My motivation- Rin seizing the day, carefree, absent-minded, yet driven.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Here's something different.

My dream is to write a successful graphic novel series. I'm at a very early stage in reaching my goal, but I'm never giving up. Katawa Shoujo has given me so much inspiration to really get started on writing and drawing. Even since I started playing KS, I've been drawing almost non stop everyday when I have free time. KS has given me a lot of inspiration, but as I read through the story, I think to myself, "will I ever be able to write a story this good? Is there really a point in trying?"

It's been driving me crazy lately. It's true that KS has an amazingly written story and it's my dream to write something of equal quality. But for some odd reason, seeing the brilliance of KS sucks my motivation away. With the mixture of feels that comes with the package of KS, it just makes trying to collect my ideas for my own novel all the more stressful.

I've never heard of anyone with this problem here, but I thought I would address it to the forums. It's different than the feels you get from the games emotional sequences, but it's also very much related to those feels.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

ShazzBott wrote:You know if we ask really really nicely....
Let's start a petition! I believe if we work together, we could make this dream a reality. Now who's with me??!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:Here's something different.

My dream is to write a successful graphic novel series. I'm at a very early stage in reaching my goal, but I'm never giving up. Katawa Shoujo has given me so much inspiration to really get started on writing and drawing. Even since I started playing KS, I've been drawing almost non stop everyday when I have free time. KS has given me a lot of inspiration, but as I read through the story, I think to myself, "will I ever be able to write a story this good? Is there really a point in trying?"

It's been driving me crazy lately. It's true that KS has an amazingly written story and it's my dream to write something of equal quality. But for some odd reason, seeing the brilliance of KS sucks my motivation away. With the mixture of feels that comes with the package of KS, it just makes trying to collect my ideas for my own novel all the more stressful.

I've never heard of anyone with this problem here, but I thought I would address it to the forums. It's different than the feels you get from the games emotional sequences, but it's also very much related to those feels.

Believe me, its not just you. I do a lot of 3D art and no matter how much praise I get, I still fall into the trap of looking at other peoples work and telling myself "My stuff sucks compared to this guy." Not good! Everyone has their own vision, and more importantly, everyone was bad when they first started out. The trick is to not listen to that negative voice and keep working, keep learning, and trying to make yourself better. Get input from others when you can, and don't get down on yourself!
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

pandaphil wrote:Believe me, its not just you. I do a lot of 3D art and I no matter how much praise I get, I still fall into the trap of looking at other peoples work and telling myself "My stuff sucks compared to this guy." Not good! Everyone has their own vision, and more importantly, everyone was bad when they first start out. The trick is to not listen to that voice and keep working, keep learning, and trying to make yourself better. Get input from others when you can, and don't get down on yourself!
I'm exactly the same way. I've been really into the anime style in drawing. I've been drawing anime characters since childhood, but never really got good at it. I'm getting better and better with every drawing I make, but I'm not satisfied with any of them. (I guess that's the meaning of the stereotype Tortured Artist) It's not that I'm bad at drawing, it's just I'm not as good as my idols, (Such as Misashi Kishimoto, creator of Naruto) It's an obsessive thought that is hard to get out of my head. But no matter what, I keep drawing. I am confident that I will get as good as my favorite manga artists one day.

And thanks for the support! It's nice to know that people have similar problems and that I'm not alone :)