The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: Is it just me? Or....

Post by pandaphil »

Tsubame wrote:Hi all~ Im new here in the forums and I ended up here because I played KS and got deeply attached to it so yeah..
One thing I'd like to share is my experience with the game..
Honestly, the game affected me that much that I literally "fell in love" on one of the characters in the game which was Emi.. @_@
I was thinking if it was just me or the game was that good (the character dev't and such) that i ended up being confused that i fell in love with a non-existent character.. =) well i hope to have a nice time in the forums~ thats all~~ (n-n)

Don't feel weird, its happened to just about all of us. I'm a Hanabro myself.

People have been falling for fictional characters for hundreds of years, so that's not a big deal either. So welcome to the board my friend. Feel free to share you thoughts and hang out awhile.

Although I suspect this will probably get mixed into one of the already existing "feels" threads in the morning.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

=3 thanks~ funny that i even asked an advise from a friend.. Emi's story is very special to me because for one, i did not use any guides on it, i just noticed on act 2 that it was her's. Even the 2nd time i played KS with another route wasnt that special to me compared to playing it the first time. then there's this, you know, they're different from other anime/game girls who has powers, or almost perfect, etc, they on the other hand arent perfect, physically and mentally/emotionally as you could see that their failures and such.. I wont forget this game.. =D way to lighten and darken up my emotions.

Cosplay Plans in Progress:
Admiral Kizaru -Warring Kingdoms XinZhao -Megaman Black Ace -Aeon-Castlevania
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

I know what you mean man, the same thing happened to me. The first time I played the game I knew nothing about it and was attempting to get Misha (with lilly as a second option). Then I met Emi and just from choosing my options naturally (still trying to get on Misha's route) I got on her route (which makes sense, it's probably the easiest route to end up on) I love all of the girls, but Emi holds a special place in my heart because she literally took my attention away from the other girls. The "relationship"(and I mean that in the least waifu way possible) actually developed as I played the game, I "fell in love". As opposed to say Lilly, who I adored from the moment I saw her.
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

=D its good to know from other ppl who got affected to it.. I thought i got insane alrdy when my heart raced for two days.. i know that feeling is love because i've only felt it once.. From my frst love seven years ago.. wouldnt it be nice if there was someone like her with you? =D i got the same feeling with lily, she's really adorable.. but yeah there will be one that will hold a special part in your heart and like yours, its emi.. Too bad it cant happen to me irl but wth, like rin said, you cant say "see you tomorrow" yet because thats predicting alrdy (correct me if im wrong with that line. xD) so yeah.. i just made her my inspiration.. =D

pandaphil

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by pandaphil »

Thats whats really great about this game. Yes you can fall in love with one special girl, but at the same time its impossible to really dislike any of them. So thankfully you don't end up with fans arguing about "Which girl is better". They all are.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

pandaphil wrote:Thats whats really great about this game. Yes you can fall in love with one special girl, but at the same tile its impossible to really dislike any of them. So thankfully you don't end up with fans arguing about "Which girl is better". They all are.
I don't think many people have had heated arguments, but there's still people saying one particular girl is the best. That's why I keep saying over and over, all the girls are the best. But then you have people hacking polls and what not. Wow...
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

pandaphil wrote:Thats whats really great about this game. Yes you can fall in love with one special girl, but at the same time its impossible to really dislike any of them. So thankfully you don't end up with fans arguing about "Which girl is better". They all are.
I have met at least one guy that really dislikes Emi, so apparently it's not impossible.
Last edited by A Forum Member on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Thats whats really great about this game. Yes you can fall in love with one special girl, but at the same tile its impossible to really dislike any of them. So thankfully you don't end up with fans arguing about "Which girl is better". They all are.
I don't think many people have had heated arguments, but there's still people saying one particular girl is the best. That's why I keep saying over and over, all the girls are the best. But then you have people hacking polls and what not. Wow...
Outside of the forums, for example, Youtube, people argue all the time on who's the best girl. It's rather annoying. But this is the internet. Annoying, childish arguments are here to stay.

I'm most fond of Rin, but I love all of the girls.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:
Outside of the forums, for example, Youtube, people argue all the time on who's the best girl. It's rather annoying. But this is the internet. Annoying, childish arguments are here to stay.

I'm most fond of Rin, but I love all of the girls.
Meh. I just ignore people like that.
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:
i guess arguments came from ppl who share their own views of that certain person.. suddenly forcing them to other ppl who thinks that other girl is better. =D

FoxtrotZero

I think I miss the feels...

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Yes, you read that right.

KS has been a big deal for me. I started playing several months ago, and finished my last route a few weeks back (The only bad ends I've received are Shizune's, intentionally, and Rin's, incidentally). It's a world my mind returns to at least once daily, and there was a time where it was undoubtedly the thought I fell asleep to every night. A big deal.

Often I'll listen to the Enigmatic Box of Sound and there are some songs that bring back some of those feels. Obviously themes like Concord or Painful History bring it out, but so do some of the really atmospheric ones, like Everyday Fantasy. And it brings up some serious memories.

Katawa Shoujo was the first VN I ever experienced. It both came at and created a very emotionally charged time in my life, as I struggled with my depression and introversion. I'd also never quite experienced a story like KS provides, wherein I personally, through Hisao (a relatively well-written everyman), build a relationship with one of these characters. Few stories have pulled my heartstrings anywhere near the way KS did - none have matched it.

Part of me fears I'll never be able to replicate that, and to a degree, I won't. Part of me feels like I've been influenced by my more recent routes - Lilly's was the definitive experience to me, with the feels it offered. Hanako is my favourite, but her route cut off at a terrible time. I like Shizune, but I had difficulty understanding her and was half-asleep for most of it (I should replay it to gain a better appreciation). Emi is a nice girl, but I never had a real attachment to her. Rin I just fail to understand, and I truly believe she's a poorly-written character.

So I'm probably going to have to go back and replay one, two, maybe even three of these routes. To try to recapture that magic that KS put in my heart. And to close this pandora's box on a happy note before I succumb to the pressure of all the other VNs I have to go and experience, so that I may one day brush away the dust and rekindle that fire.

KS isn't a story I'll ever forget, nor are the characters within, they've made too much of an impression on my heart. But often I wish I could go back and experience it like I did that first time. I cannot. I miss those feels.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Re: I think I miss the feels...

Post by Xanatos »

Finish the bad and neutral ends. That'll give ya feels. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

What Xan said. Hanako's Bad and Neutral comes to mind.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

YZQ wrote:What Xan said. Hanako's Bad and Neutral comes to mind.
Perhaps I'll build up the heart to complete them, and then recomplete the good end for peace of mind.
I think I should re-do Lilly's, simply because hers was the first. It holds some special feels, and it's the weakest in my memory simply because of time.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
YZQ wrote:What Xan said. Hanako's Bad and Neutral comes to mind.
Perhaps I'll build up the heart to complete them, and then recomplete the good end for peace of mind.
I think I should re-do Lilly's, simply because hers was the first. It holds some special feels, and it's the weakest in my memory simply because of time.
Same with me and Emi. :lol: I still can't get past the title screen for a replay though. And I deliberately got some of the bad ends first just so I'd have good ones left to make me feel better. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."